Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Losing interest after years of playing.

• Pets are just stat sticks. 
  • Not enough interesting loot. Not by a longshot.
  • No sense of choice. (Maps/What shards to use/Where to put ASC points/What towers to use etc.)
  • Towers are generic.  
  • Devs seem like they have no imagination. 
  • Legendaries drop like candy. 
  • Grinding for shards is time consuming, and is just faking more content. 
  • Nothing to do, when you have all shards.
  • No fun game modes for endgamers.
  • Feels pointless.
  • Only need to learn one build for basically all maps.
  • Playing through Chaos tiers make every piece of loot feel redundant the very next second. (Make ONE Nightmare mode instead with loads of difficulty modifiers)
  • It´s so REPETITIVE.

All of these points are of equal weight for me. I probably should elaborate, but feel no urge to. People know what I´m talking about anyway. I honestly don´t think I would have played this at all if it weren´t for DD1.

This is not supposed to be a rant, I guess it´s more like a last attempt to get the devs attention. Yeah, yeah I should take a break, but I think all this won´t get a fix anytime soon. Maybe a years hiatus for me would do the trick.

I was so looking forward to the re-introduction of Incursions because they added a different playstyle on-top of the run-of-the-mill tower defense. Instead the introduced single-play only trash.

my advice to you guys is, take a break till the new incursion is added along with the female apprentice, play for a week or two then take another break till Onslaught is relaunched and then test the water once more.

If you think you will enjoy onslaught check what the weekend bonuses are and maybe have a few games on each weekend to take some advantage of whatever bonus they might have.

I think the problem is that the chaos trials are actually really well done and gave me 300+ hours of intense challenge.  But when you get to the end, there's no more intensity or challenge left.  I did try grinding lower tiers for a while to farm shards but it's really not very interesting when you are super OP.

So I think Trendy need to keep up a schedule of new content to keep the intensity going.  My suggestion would be to introduce a new chaos tier every month which shouldn't be that hard.  It doesn't necessarily need a new boss or enemy or map each month.  It could be variations like lady orcs don't take fire damage, maps with different crystal locations, etc.

To address the challenge they need to keep bringing out new game modes, heroes, incursions, etc as well.

In a years time the DD2 universe could consist of 20 chaos tiers, a few new heroes, onslaught mode and the not-yet-revealed new game mode.

more of needing choices. Eventually trendy will see there content is horrible and is just driving people away cause it's just the same thing over and over, and worse, we get no choice in what we do. Play their way, use what heroes they want us to use, use what towers they want us to use, and dont even get to play what map we want. Do what they tell you to do, despite having SOOO much content available, or dont play at all. It's terrible.

@Jojozityjo quote:

more of needing choices. Eventually trendy will see there content is horrible and is just driving people away cause it's just the same thing over and over, and worse, we get no choice in what we do. Play their way, use what heroes they want us to use, use what towers they want us to use, and dont even get to play what map we want. Do what they tell you to do, despite having SOOO much content available, or dont play at all. It's terrible.

Completely agree, the lack of choice completely destroys the enjoyment. Geez even heroes are restricted in effectiveness with mobs like vangaurds and geodes making ranged heroes frustrating to use. The make content that has bias towards certain towers then they complain that we use said towers so nerf them. It feels like they want to steer us into using the most ineffective set ups to create artificial difficulty in some vain hope that will increase playability. It also puzzles me that if DD2 is a sequel to DD1 why most of the towers our heroes use are worse than the ones they had in DD1?

Things that would make it better for me.

All Incursions for all Chaos Tiers, and have proper loot and unique weapons drop from the incursion, remove them from the Wayfarer.

Add a map a month into each Chaos tier until all maps are in. You can choose the first map in your run.

Improve matchmaking so that if 3 people choose to continue, they continue together, and the map will exclude the map they previously played.

Use the hidden formula for drops to also adjust the number of mini bosses, so if your average party gear is max for the level then more mini bosses spawn. I'd like to see waves of ogres like in DD1 nightmare.

I´m glad this post was not misinterpreted, and obviously I´m not the only one with feelings like it. It really concerns me that I´m giving up on the game, but sadly patience can run out, even for a real die hard DD fan like me.

Agree with pretty much all of this. I enjoyed the game a lot more in Alpha..

It feels so unenjoyable.. repetitive.. and pointless now.

Get good equips, spend all your money to upgrade, sell for 10g and replace it next wave. Grind yourself to death for shards. Do all of this work to make it to end game for there to be absolutely nothing to enjoy.

I want to be able to choose maps, choose difficulty for incursions, use all the different playstyles without being punished for liking a certain tower. Make us come up with strategy, not find the one setup that works for every map in that Chaos tier and bore ourselves out of playing.

I don't know.. I want to love this game more, but it feels like most decisions go a direction that hurts the game and the players more than benefitting them.

(Also, DD1 love<3)

I´m also a little concerned that Onslaught will just be more of the same. Restricted maps to choose from. 3-4 tops. And then just an endless grind untill you have all shards, How will they make setting up defenses and playing the same map for hours and hours interesting? I don´t know man... hoping for the best though. Unique loot is a given, but once you get that unique item, what is there to keep you playing Onslaught?

Simplest and quickest solution to fix repetitive is , randomize enemy spawn.For example;

Bosses always spawn same three lane.wave 2 lane, wave 3 lane, wave 5 lane.If bosses spawn different random lanes in each wave every match feels a little bit different.

Also randomise enemy spawn could fix that solution.In C7 geode and assasins always spawn after wave 3 ,hex throwers spawn after wave 4.If Zapper last wave it always come with one geode.

C7 is for Kobolts.They should always spawn but this is necesary for other enemies sometimes geode don't spawn but EMP Orc start to spawn .in some lanes berserkers spawn twice than normal but doesn't spaww other lanes.sometimes assasins spawns all the time.Sometimes they don't spawn at all

In Shorty What am i try to say is.

Same map in the same chaos difficulty with same defences with same tower placement with same dps heroes should not always to give the same result.

Yes I agree with just about everything here. Map choice, map choice, map choice! Do you realize how much content you can add to the game just by opening up all the maps you already have? 

What I worry about is that modes like onslaught or any of the possible DD1 modes returning, wont return until you see the numbers drop to a certain level. It's like they keep stringing us along.

@geo981010 quote:

@Little Magic Hat quote:

I was so looking forward to the re-introduction of Incursions because they added a different playstyle on-top of the run-of-the-mill tower defense. Instead the introduced single-play only trash.

It's funny - instead of making Incursions single win and never play again, they should have done that to Trials and let Incursions be the current end game (with Onslaught to supplement that whenever it is finished).

The Incursions have everything that is in the Trials basically, with the additional per map special mechanics that when done right (Bling King, Demon's Lair, Spooky Incursion) changed up the fighting sections enough to keep things entertaining for a while longer. Most fighting sessions in Trials right now amount to just auto firing at a spawn point, and maybe eventually having to deal with a roller or some repairs. But the best Incursions actually gave you another task to manage to keep you busy, and the battle itself could be fun while trying to do that along with the roller/repair/etc duties.

I'd much rather the Incursions generated loot + shards, and beating the 4 Trials maps was just a gateway to moving to the next level of Trials and Incursions. Make half of the Incursions be playable on CT1 so CT1 players have several maps to play while gearing for CT2, and then CT2 can add 1 new Incursion while still playing any of the CT1 Incursions. 

I still really want to enjoy playing the game, but increasingly I am feeling like the fun factor post Campaign was a lot higher in the NM4 + Roller days before Trials :(

During the time of Trials "teasers" I was thinking that Trials was going to be some kind of new missions. Also I was thinking that Chaos 1 was going to be AFTER NM4. So I was actually like "WTF!?" when they said that Nightmare was going to be removed. Have to agree with [[72087,users]] here, we really need more variety. I'm just starting to feel some gameplay fatigue.

I actually had more fun blitzfarming NM4 Malthius, Onslaught and Betsy than I had with Chaos.

@LineDrill quote:

Simplest and quickest solution to fix repetitive is , randomize enemy spawn.For example;

Bosses always spawn same three lane.wave 2 lane, wave 3 lane, wave 5 lane.If bosses spawn different random lanes in each wave every match feels a little bit different.

Also randomise enemy spawn could fix that solution.In C7 geode and assasins always spawn after wave 3 ,hex throwers spawn after wave 4.If Zapper last wave it always come with one geode.

C7 is for Kobolts.They should always spawn but this is necesary for other enemies sometimes geode don't spawn but EMP Orc start to spawn .in some lanes berserkers spawn twice than normal but doesn't spaww other lanes.sometimes assasins spawns all the time.Sometimes they don't spawn at all

In Shorty What am i try to say is.

Same map in the same chaos difficulty with same defences with same tower placement with same dps heroes should not always to give the same result.

That's a good Idea actually, I do think it's more fun to combine all the Chaos enemies into one Chaos. So if we still had Nightmare and we have conquered NM4 we could put our skill to the test on Chaos which would be fun.

- Unique bosses that drop special, worthwhile loot.

- Pets need to matter again.

- Game host's need to be able to manage their parties, ie: kick people not doing anything.

- There needs to more a much greater variety of weapons, cosmetically and functionally. 

- Gear needs some random aspect of being better than the run of the mill gear that nobody cares about, such as bringing back 180+ upgrade levels, add a special stat or allow some weapons to drop with above average projectiles/projectile speed. 

- Onslaught needs to get here ASAP before the player base completely falls off. Onslaught also needs a reward that is worth playing one game for 3+ hours, which currently, there is no such reward in this game.

@MaJean quote:
  • Pets are just stat sticks. 
  • Not enough interesting loot. Not by a longshot.
  • No sense of choice. (Maps/What shards to use/Where to put ASC points/What towers to use etc.)
  • Towers are generic.  
  • Devs seem like they have no imagination. 
  • Grinding for shards is time consuming, and is just faking more content. 
  • Nothing to do, when you have all shards.
  • No fun game modes for endgamers.
  • Feels pointless.
  • Only need to learn one build for basically all maps.
  • Playing through Chaos tiers make every piece of loot feel redundant the very next second. (Make ONE Nightmare mode instead with loads of difficulty modifiers)
  • It´s so REPETITIVE.

All of these points are of equal weight for me. I probably should elaborate, but feel no urge to. People know what I´m talking about anyway. I honestly don´t think I would have played this at all if it weren´t for DD1.

This is not supposed to be a rant, I guess it´s more like a last attempt to get the devs attention. Yeah, yeah I should take a break, but I think all this won´t get a fix anytime soon. Maybe a years hiatus for me would do the trick.

- Pets are only there for €€€€ purposes. Otherwise they could've kept them out of the game all together until they're actually interesting or worth while ( some pets are ..."good" for certain activities, but overall is the target here)

- Entirely agree with Loot. In part, this is due to the split from Hero Gear and Relic gear, which makes things super "simple" to progress when you already have what you like in terms of stat combination ( which ...lets be frank, suck, but more on this when I tackle the legendary comment ).

- One major buff to make things a bit better would be to have the Unique weapons have passives that don't take up one shard slot. Making them truly Unique instead of an added effect.

- There's absolutely no choice. The only "Choice" you get comes later on when your Gear / ASC is so high it almost doesn't matter what you throw out.

- Maps are bland. I'll give you that. Again, this falls into the no choice menu for me, as the restriction on DU and build space is just heart braeking.

- Legendaries drop like candy cause they busted up Mythical. THe moment Legendary has 4 stats and Myth only three, people rather keep and older Legendary than upgrade since the stat gains are so low in some tiers. Without those Legendaries, most of the times you would simply sacrifice tower HP, as you can compensate with ASC if you're high enough.

- Grinding for shards is atrocious. I've said this since shards were introduced. Specially without a mechanic to actually trade them ( NPC , not players, for now.). Shards, like ASC, were meant to increase longevity of the game, but for me, it's just a frustrating Grind. 30 maps without a deadly strikes is just *MEEP*

- I disagree here with you. Plenty to do after you've gotten all the shards. Managing your inventory for instance! As most of them take up a *** ton of space that should be used for LOOT. /s.

- End game is a joke now. And I'm not talking about C7. I'm talking about them Incursions. The way they were implemented is an absolute sick joke by Trendy. No loot drops for sometimes twice the work and difficulty and loot doesn't scale to you at the end. No replayability other than weekly or helping someone unlock wayfarer weapon. Jesus. This was a literal slap in the face from them to us since we asked for Incursions ( and onslaught ) for so long. Even a god damn token chance at the end so you could buy a weapon at wayfarer that matches your level would be welcomed at this point.

- 50/50 here. One build PER TIER imho. Lack of choices <o> .
- Chaos is a cancer. It should've never been the end game. EVER. It should've worked like the campaign where you're thought about different enemies so you could then tackle the real End Game, whatever it may be.

If they scale everything to your character and refuse to tell you which character has the highest gear ( -____- ) why not make just one Chaos Trial Game mode and have it scale for EITHER Number of players or Highest player in the game? More Players = More Loot, Higher Player = Higher difficulty . Etc..

Not only having certain heroes useless depending on tier but also small increments on loot per tier is disgusting as it is. To the point that most of the drops are so ridiculous that you might as well as wait for that Legendary to drop instead of switching or even consider it.

I still have multiple characters for different towers, at least until I get really high ASC and play HARDCORE (or exploit XP ). So what's really the point for gear division for the normal player? I know it's a can of worms now, but sheesh

i dont agree that all chaos enemies should be in a chaos level. Cause some of thsoe enemies are teh reason we cant choose what defenses we want to use, which just adds more to the repetition, same old same old. If they changed the hard-counters alone(vangaurd, emporc, and most of all, geode) would give us a lot of our variety back. Use what hero we want, use what tower we want long as we find a way to make it work. Giving us the ability to challenge ourselves or mix it up ourselves by doing something like ... trying to win a map of Geodes with nothing but projectile towers. Could challenge the crap out of ourselves like that if geodes werent so "idc what you do, how you place, or how strong your projectiles are, I WILL make them kill themselves, your walls, and even your objectives, so deal with it" like .. ughhh *tosses out roughly 33% of all possible tower combinations just because of that one mob* and god forbid geode and emp .. time toss out 80% of all possible builds x.x

@Derek564 quote:

- Pets need to matter again.

hey man my pet is the only thing doing any hero damage in my games now, 1 shot 1 kill..ed roller.

But yeah I know what you mean pets should not just be a pet ability, and they are not even a stat stick any more due to having such low stats.

• Pets should have ZERO stats so there is no conflict of interest when min maxing them (Hero stats vs defense stats)
  • If pets become stat sticks again, legendary pets should matter.
  • Pets could have a simple generic talent tree that effects their projectiles or pet abilities. These talent trees should take into account the type of pet and the element of the pet, this way most pets are a little bit different.  (huge job i know)
  • pet damage should matter, as should the element of their damage (combo'ing with your heroes damage or defense damage)
  • Pets should have some kind of awesome ability they use themselves, ideally focused on survival or CC. example: a heal for injured heroes, a protection zone, a slowing zone etc.

@Jojozityjo quote:

i dont agree that all chaos enemies should be in a chaos level. Cause some of thsoe enemies are teh reason we cant choose what defenses we want to use, which just adds more to the repetition, same old same old. If they changed the hard-counters alone(vangaurd, emporc, and most of all, geode) would give us a lot of our variety back. Use what hero we want, use what tower we want long as we find a way to make it work. Giving us the ability to challenge ourselves or mix it up ourselves by doing something like ... trying to win a map of Geodes with nothing but projectile towers. Could challenge the crap out of ourselves like that if geodes werent so "idc what you do, how you place, or how strong your projectiles are, I WILL make them kill themselves, your walls, and even your objectives, so deal with it" like .. ughhh *tosses out roughly 33% of all possible tower combinations just because of that one mob* and god forbid geode and emp .. time toss out 80% of all possible builds x.x

Hmmm...maybe then it's a good idea to have an option which we could choose which Chaos enemies or all of 'em to be in that match. For ex. Turning a goblin to a Vanguard, Orc to a Cybork, Javelin Thrower to a Hex Thrower and so on. Plus we could have the option to include or ignore extras like Geodes and Assassins to the match.  If you've played Five Night at Freddy's 2 Custom Nights you'll know what I mean.

But then if ,yeah, the hard counters are changed maybe it'll be fun to have all of 'em in one Chaos levels. ( I actually hate Kobolts)

I agree on crystal locations having some randomness and also the enemy spawns or even counts at each door randomizing. That would mix it up. 

@MaJean quote:

I don't even remember the last time I saw a legendary drop. Oh wait, yeah I do, it was a useless orb. But besides that 1 useless legendary orb, i can't remember the last legendary I've seen drop.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@MaJean quote:

I don't even remember the last time I saw a legendary drop. Oh wait, yeah I do, it was a useless orb. But besides that 1 useless legendary orb, i can't remember the last legendary I've seen drop.

Weird. I get a leg or two pretty much every map I play.

I personally think legends drop like candy before C7.  Soon as I got to C7 though, the candy stopped flowing.  That being said, it tended to be for some reason the legends I would get would all be the same type, as in I play 5 maps and get 5-10 legend boots...  Not sure if others experienced that, but it was kind of annoying, lol.

The problem is not the amount of content per se, but rather the game mechanics behind the content.

There are already a ton of weapons in the game. However, based on how the game mechanics are set up, I have a choice of 2-3 legendary weapon looks, and even then, I'm at the mercy of what drops. I really like the minimalistic design of a lot of the worn/sturdy weapons, but nope - if I want to have the stats, I must equip the most large, gaudy, and unrealistic weapons as possible.

There are already a ton of cosmetics and costumes in the game. However, based on how the game was designed, I cannot mix and match a component of a costume with an accessory. Lots of good quality content, bad implementation.

There are already lots of maps to play in the game. However, due to how trials are structured, I can't play the maps I want to. Furthermore, the daily quests require I do specific maps, which means that these two game mechanics are in direct conflict with each other. Can I just tell you how frustrating that is?

These are just talking about creative assets being awesome, but due to game design, were poorly implemented. This doesn't even cover core game design components, like chaos trials and incursions.