Sign in to follow this  
Grim indeed

Forest biome pre wave 1

getting this map in trials  consistently makes me groan just because of how awkward building it is... why do we only get 1000 mana for a 1250 du map on wave 1? can it please be either upped to 1250 base or have flying lanes disabled for the first wave?

It's just fine. It's an easy map that just won't allow you to fully build it on the first wave. I often don't even use the other 250DU, and I just got into C6.

I agree, the map is on the easier (and fun) side.  You can even fully build all but one lane and just DPS that lane if you want.  The fliers here are easily taken care of by auras too, no need for air towers specifically.

You can also turn on ez mode by crafting an inferno potion or two.

It is pretty easy but I also agree. It's like the only (or one of very few) map that does this in trials?

Really annoying to have to finish the setup after the first wave.

@zMiiChy quote:

It is pretty easy but I also agree. It's like the only (or one of very few) map that does this in trials?

There's the graveyard one. It leaves 50 spare DU floating in the air.

i disagree with the easier assessment, its not hard but it definitely puts more pressure on players and build diversity than any other map i can think of

the distinction between forest biome and the first halloween one is that halloween doesnt have w1 fliers, so your build doesnt have that incomplete feel that forest biome does, its inconsistent and personally i find it very obnoxious (its a great reminder to stop playing when it comes up though)

Not being able to fully build a map on wave one is a legitimate issue and should be fixed. The same problem exists on dead road (C7).

It makes absolutely no sense to have a handful of maps giving less mana then the DU limit offers in wave 1. There is no discernible difficulty increase, no obvious challenge this problem provides, it does not seem like an intentional design idea and ultimately is very inconsistent.

I personally can only speak of the old Bastille incursion back in NM4 days being challenging with this issue when I built with only Lightning Auras, SGT's, frosties and blockades. It was "challenging" because I had to build blockades after wave 1 and it was a timed event. back then only goblins spawned in wave 1, therefore in actuality I had zero chance of failing the wave.

So with that said, I can only say its a "challenge" for those who can barely scrape through 2 waves out of 5. For anyone who can beat 3+ waves, wave 1 becomes a non issue, hence a reduced mana pool is just an inconvenience rather then any form of meaningful challenge.

Why getting less mana then the DU is annoying:

DU limit capping is needed on progress because you need every ounce of power on boss/assasin waves (2-5). Having to build twice (initially and after wave 1) is just time consuming and annoying because of deck shuffling (for those with lower ascension levels). 

It would be a nice quality of life improvement to simply have DU limits and round one mana being equal, its not about it being more or less challenging its about it being less annoying.

lawlta for your "meeting" word document :)

The biggest issue I have with not getting at least enough mana to build out the entire DU is that it messes with the flow of the gameplay. Most maps (assuming things don't go terribly wrong) are Build phase > combat > maintenance and upgrades > combat > repeat. For me it just doesn't feel good knowing that you can't finish your build before wave 1 and then having to continue it after. 

Build phase is the hill climb on a roller coaster, everything after is the downhill thrill and loop the loop (loop de loop?). Building after wave 1 is like throwing in another uphill section before the loop. Emoji_JavThrower.png