When should players go to a higher level chaos trial?

This is one of the most debated topic in this game since trials update came.Many people think gear think gear progression slow but how fast it should be. 50 ascension per chaos level? 1 week irl? 10 chaos match in same difficulty? 40 chaos match? When you get all legendary items in one hero?

I had all the heroes before trials patch so i don't move upper chaos level until i get all the shard in my current difficulty.(Many players don't have all heroes not everyone don't need something like that.)

What do you recommend other players when they should try to go upper chaos difficulty?

When it gets easy, move on.

General rule for me.

Stick around until the tier is a joke and then I move on.

(Unless there's a super awesome shard that I haven't gotten yet)

U can go up when ever you want, all depends how skilled/knowledgeable you are of the game and how much of a challenge you willing to take one.
At the start shards are a big deal, a knowledgeable person would spend there medals on shards packs of specific chaos to get specific shards that will help them a lot more then just item upgrades. 
And they would know what towers are good and what are not and how to deal with specific enemies ect ect.  To many factors to say when some one should move up its all based on individual skill and knowledge of game.

People should absolutely never use Ascension level as a gauge of how to progress. Nor does it affect how well someone can play. Once you get past Ascension 60, and can max the bonus for tower critical chance, you're mostly set. People use the Ascension filter in multiplayer games as sort of a catch-all solution to prevent leeching. But in any case: I play on all three platforms. In one of them, I can easily clear C5 level stuff now with only around 60 Ascension. Why? Because knowledge of the maps and game mechanics is paramount...

Then after that, of course, your gear stats matter. You need hearty enough walls and damaging enough towers. However you don't need to hit the absolute max stats for one tier before moving to the next. As noted above: getting smart/lucky with shard drops can help way more than stats. Shards like Deadly Strikes (defense range,) Power Transfer, and Defense Rate can help you move forward way faster than additional stats in your relics. There are some excellent community resources that will let you know which ones help and where to find them.

Shard drops are of course, sadly, based on RNG. But spending Defender Medals on Chaos 3/4 shard packs will eventually get you those shards. (and sadly a bunch you don't want. They really need a system where you can break down shards into powder and then buy a new shard with said powder haha. Selling all those duplicate shards for a measly ten gold a piece is painful.)

I mostly solo so I tend to advance when i can win at least 2 rounds in the higher level.  I recently returned (after the shards were introduced I took a long break) and i find the progression a little slow, but not terribly slow.  Between the  assassins and the cyborks, I have found the jump to 5 hardest so far.

I wouldn't start jumping into public games until I could solo at least a few rounds.  Public games have stronger mobs than solo; I would hate having everyone lose, because I wasn't ready.

I played a ton of public DD1 and Eternity, but DD2 has been largely solo.  I find the public games to be a little heavy on the leaches.

When I start hitting the max gold sell value for each difficulty.  I used this spreadsheet for a guide:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PNFslftU37q0KKEY-2EaxasXFpg2wkGr2kcu8UJ1XqQ/edit#gid=0

^ pretty much this, I understand that's not mandatory, but the next tier should be relatively approachable if you follow that guide

Regarding sell value, I actually went up when I was around 90-95% max sell value for that tier, and then the next tier actually gave me quite a nice jump in item stat.

@Argonias quote:

When I start hitting the max gold sell value for each difficulty.  I used this spreadsheet for a guide:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PNFslftU37q0KKEY-2EaxasXFpg2wkGr2kcu8UJ1XqQ/edit#gid=0

This OP