New Idea: Swap out any ability/tower for 1 currently in your deck

Wouldn't it be great if you could swap out an ability or tower for one that is in your deck?

Let's say i'm playing as a squire and I'm about to die and I don't really use the Provoke ability, I would pick an ability from any of the characters in my deck. so for example I could switch it with the monk's heal ability, then when it is activated, a monk will jump in near  you and activate the ability and then disappear back into the deck.

Another example could be that I'm playing as a gunwitch and I don't really use one of her spells. I could switch one out for a squire wall so that just incase a wall breaks down, I could activate the ability and have a squire spawn in next to the player and build it where you want it positioned. or just place it down yourself as long as the squire is in the deck.

This would be really great for some characters that have an ability or tower you don't really like to use for whatever reason and replace it with a different characters ability. Obviously the ability or tower would still cost the same and have the same cooldown, but for abilities, the character whose ability you are using, it would not regen mana while they are not being used.

This would be a cool way to find and use different combos.

Oh man, imagine if we had a Mime class with no abilities or towers, but you could assign any ability/tower from heroes in your active deck to the Mime.  Probably it would be to easy to abuse, but it would also be super fun.

@lekkin007 quote:

Oh man, imagine if we had a Mime class with no abilities or towers, but you could assign any ability/tower from heroes in your active deck to the Mime.  Probably it would be to easy to abuse, but it would also be super fun.

well that's why I just said swapping out 1 lol. also it would depend on how much mana your other characters would have since it would be using their mana while using their abilities

I dunno.. I like the idea of different characters with different abilities.

Something like this seems.. really out of place for DD. Like..someone using EV's abilities as a Dryad? Super weird.

Though having a character specifically dedicated to mocking the abilities of other characters would be interesting. (Reminds me of the Jester from DD1)

Just my opinion though.

@zMiiChy quote:

Something like this seems.. really out of place for DD. Like..someone using EV's abilities as a Dryad? Super weird.

Just my opinion though.

well that's why I would want the character to spawn in next to your character and use the ability and then disappear

@super_slayan quote:

@zMiiChy quote:

Just my opinion though.

well that's why I would want the character to spawn in next to your character and use the ability and then disappear

Ahhhh. Sorry, I misread that. That, I could see being kinda interesting. Though I'm not sure how they'd implement it. I think if they let you replace any ability with any other ability, people would find a way to abuse it. With some kind of limitation (not sure what, maybe a cooldown in combat phase) , I could see that being an interesting mechanic to add in.