Sign in to follow this  
lekkin007

Verdict on Initiate?

Maybe I missed it, but since the release of the Initiate, I haven't seen any actual analyses on the forums about her.  From what I heard in a side comment in a stream, Monk is still more power, but Initiate is better for team play?  This could be way off though.  Anyone crunched any numbers or ran some tests and care to share their results?  Is Initiate better, worse, or different (and how) from the Monk?

Edit: corrected silly spelling mistakes

From my experience, both are good.  Monk is better for straight DPS though.  The initiate's boost ability can do well with groups of defenses, but the monk's is better. 

Not all that different really and generally a bit below the monk, so get her last or maybe still a bit above Lavamancer.

Traps are same, and use same shards for building.

PoleSmash and Chi Stomp are similar now that they both can be done in air and have similar cooldowns. Use same shards too.

I like Chi Blast over Initiate Chi Wave, though the Wave is interesting. Why does the Wave require hitting Ability 3 twice? I wish these things were standardized - if you get a little lag, you will appear frozen mid Wave until the server registers that you have unleashed it. Wave might be better if not for the dumbness of casting it.

And Heroic Wave is better most of the time - getting the HD boost is pretty integral to using pet damage and HD attacks, and of course helps a lot in MP. The talisman gives a nice 70% DPS boost to towers for a few seconds, which can be useful but doesn't benefit a party and only helps in cases where you have the towers in the right spot (ie no real benefit for rollers or unexpected issues). 

"Chi blast Vs Crippling Chi Wave"

• Chi Blast

+Have great knockback

+Can be used instantly

+Have better damage than Chi wave

-Can't hit flying enemies

• Crippling Chi Wave
+Enemies take %25 more damage during the debuff
+Reduce enemies damage (don't know how much reduce)
+Enemies died while affected the debuff heal nearby allies and herself (don't know heal ratio)
*Charged attack deals %35 more damage than instant release.
*Debuff duration is 8 seconds
+Can hit flying enemies

i dont think either one is better, just different. Monk is more for straight up burst dps(or just dps if you go with cooldown reduction) while initiate can keep enemies constantly debuffed, buff wide area of defenses, and if you use them right, she can do burst dps too, through debuffs on enemies instead of self buffs like monk does lol

i personally love my initiate and almost never dont use her(partially cause chaos's hard-counter enemies prevent me from as reliably using other heroes id like to use, like huntress) Until countess comes out anyway,i expect to be using the crap out of her if they dont make her look like crap. Loved dd1's countess's look.

Female Monk? Why would you not??

Pretty sure Monk is better at DPS, but otherwise there's not a huge difference that I've noticed. If you don't run that class as DPS class, there's not a huge loss. (I'd rather play cute girl instead of Aang, thanks)

Realistically speaking, I use both of them for building. One for auras and one for DPS / Skyguard.