Sign in to follow this  
zMiiChy

Ogre plus Lady Orcs equals Instant K.O.

I've noticed a common occurrence in Chaos 4. Whenever an Ogre shows up (usually on the last wave for me), if he reaches the walls along with some Lady Orcs, the Ladies will walk right by the walls and stroll their way straight to the crystal.

I don't see this happen often (or at all) in other Chaos tiers and this only seems to consistently occur in the presence of Ogres. 

Are the Ogres causing it personally, are they so fat that Lady Orcs can't even see the walls, or is the Ogre blowing some war horn to make the Ladies turn into master assassins and destroy my crystal ASAP? I, personally, use Dryad trees so that may also be the cause of this.. I'm unsure.

Does anyone else have this issue or know what exactly is causing it to happen? Noticed anything similar happening with the Lady Orcs?

(P.S. I know I could cover every inch of the lane with trees but I'm trying to determine the cause so I can find an alternate solution that isn't building a World Tree wall of China)

Record a video of it happening, or a screenshot of your build. We cannot say w/o any of that.

If you use a single tree on a semi wide lane, and a ogre is standing in front of the tree, I can see why this happens.

@PandynatorDD quote:

Record a video of it happening, or a screenshot of your build. We cannot say w/o any of that.

If you use a single tree on a semi wide lane, and a ogre is standing in front of the tree, I can see why this happens.

On average, I use two or three trees per lane. I'll try to do that but I'm rarely standing next to the ogres when it happens (otherwise, I'd murder those lady assassins). I'll work on a screenshot and edit in some links in a bit.

@PandynatorDD quote:

I'm on mobile so work with me. This is the best I can do for pics. I set these up in campaign for convenience, but this is pretty much exactly how I set up C4.

Assault on Throne Room

-Happens most consistently here

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss26/zMiiChy/RIoJQVD_zpstqnrrtgp.jpg

Greystone

-I'm not sure if it's this lane or the one right behind it that they leak through, but I believe it's this one. (One of the few that I use one tree for)

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss26/zMiiChy/PS_Messages_20170810_185856_zps53pu6eil.jpg

Greystone

-I don't recall if Lady Orcs or Skeletons were the bigger problem here.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss26/zMiiChy/PS_Messages_20170810_185853_zpseskeegdr.jpg

P.S. There are other lanes, but these are the most common places for it to happen.

I want to clarify that I'm not specifically asking for help with a build, mostly trying to determine the cause and see if anyone else has it happen to them. This ONLY happens to me when Ogres show up, I don't have any problems with leaking enemies otherwise.

Lady orcs wallclimbing skills what got them once removed from the game ... they were re-added for chaos ... with the same bug still in existance :/ They can do it without ogres btw and is the main reason people does everythiung to kill them before they get to the walls.

@gnollmar quote:

Lady orcs wallclimbing skills what got them once removed from the game ... they were re-added for chaos ... with the same bug still in existance :/ They can do it without ogres btw and is the main reason people does everythiung to kill them before they get to the walls.

Wait? Really?! Lady Orc actually climb walls once before? And now the Berserkers have it now again? Wow this is getting interesting.

All I can say man is - get used to it.

As the above guy said, it still happens pretty frequently even without an ogre there to assist the lady orcs.  In my experience, it seems to happen more frequently when there are more than 2 lady orcs at a single block, as they don't "stack" on top of each other really well (giggity).

I recently switched from squire blocks to Mystic blocks for the added CC, and it still happens every once in a while.  Except now, lady orcs will fall from there bubble and land on top of block, then spill over the side and continue on to the sub objective or crystal.

Either way - still pretty frustrating.  If you can kill all the little guys with your other towers before they reach your walls, then it's pretty easy to pick out on the mini map when there are multiple lady orcs at one of your blocks.  Then just head there, dispatch, repair, and repeat till victory.

Good luck

Hypothesis

• Walls have a specific aggro radius (e.g. walls only aggro mobs within 2 meters)
  • Wall aggro has a specific pulse timer (e.g. aggro pulses once every second)
  • Wall aggro has a cap on number of targets per pulse (e.g. a single pulse can only 'aggro' 5 targets)

If you combine the above, it's possible that Lady Orcs (being fast runners) run through the aggro radius of a wall between pulses. When you add other mobs in to the picture, it's also likely that when a lady orc is even within the range of the pulse, they may be over the target cap. Lastly, with Ogres and their size, it might be that Lady Orcs path further to the side (to be beside the Ogre) and thereby bypass the aggro radius.

#FoodForThought

Leave them too long they get bored and move on, it's always been the case since towers lost thier aggro.

They are the fastest mob so they get to the walls first so they lose aggro first and move on first.

There is no bug if your build doesn't work and you lose use a better build.

@malf quote:

Hypothesis

• Walls have a specific aggro radius (e.g. walls only aggro mobs within 2 meters)
  • Wall aggro has a specific pulse timer (e.g. aggro pulses once every second)
  • Wall aggro has a cap on number of targets per pulse (e.g. a single pulse can only 'aggro' 5 targets)

If you combine the above, it's possible that Lady Orcs (being fast runners) run through the aggro radius of a wall between pulses. When you add other mobs in to the picture, it's also likely that when a lady orc is even within the range of the pulse, they may be over the target cap. Lastly, with Ogres and their size, it might be that Lady Orcs path further to the side (to be beside the Ogre) and thereby bypass the aggro radius.

#FoodForThought

I've actually seen mobs walking past both my Arcane Barriers and Spike Blockades, just to turn around and start attacking the powers from behind. Something tells me they programmed walls to have the 'Auto-taunt' aura that the one Squire shard has.

@Steiny quote:

It's only really an issue with Ogres for me, and it often happens as soon as lady orcs make their way over. My defenses can kill Ladies very quickly (but not immediately, they usually get a good 3/4 seconds at my walls). Most of the time, I rush over when an Ogre shows up, but sometimes I can't make it there before it happens. (Combating some other boss or didn't notice them in time). It seems like the fat guys themselves make Ladies more likely to walk right by everything..or maybe just cause them to move on quicker. Not sure.

@Fozzie quote:

The only bug I believe exists here is Lady Orcs weird agro, but I've gotten used to dealing with it. I'm trying to figure out why this is common when fatties show up as it otherwise never happens for me. 

@malf quote:

Interesting hypothesis.. thanks for that. Now to figure out how to use this information to my advantage.. hehehe

@TMTrainer quote:

I've actually seen mobs walking past both my Arcane Barriers and Spike Blockades, just to turn around and start attacking the powers from behind. Something tells me they programmed walls to have the 'Auto-taunt' aura that the one Squire shard has.

I've seen this happen often as well.. that's also an interesting theory.