Sign in to follow this  
super_slayan

Kinda bored with endgame...

I'm really bored of the endgame. This is the way I see it. The only character I really play as is the Dryad. I've been in Chaos 6 for a while now, but I keep asking myself why i'm even still playing.

• There's no good shards (in my opinion) for the Dryad after Chaos 5. (and if there were I could just buy packs with medals to get them)
  • There's no rewards for beating Chaos 7 that I can't just buy from the wayfarer. Legendaries are way too easy to get. At least in the alpha there would be a point to farming for a weapon with  decent stats and have  a purpose to playing.
  • There's no point in getting gear with better stats since I'm just going to be playing the same levels.
  • There's no new characters to check out.

These are just my thoughts and opinions on the current state of the game. anyone else agree with me?

Trendy agrees which is why they are working on a new end-game mode. 

Patience, my friend. However there is nothing wrong about taking a break to go play other games rather than continuing to burn yourself out on this one. 

As others have said, there kinda IS no end game. Where other games have you build up your character through a series of trials, then challenge you with end game content to further get powerful, the name of Trendy's game is same maps, same enemies, more HP, stronger loot.

There's no variety except with Incursions, which they could've done differently and more of. Or possibly make another campaign that's Chaos tier, and picks up with the cliffhanger ending of the first campaign.

Trendy really has a great game, here. And nails it in the gameplay and graphic departments. But quality of life and longevity are lacking. 

If Trendy adds real end-game, people will complain about it being too hard/not dropping god-like items each wave.

If they don't, people will complain about chaos 8~10 not dropping better items often enough.

Y'all got this on yourselves. We could've gotten some real end game by now, if you weren't a bunch of whiny asses and wanted to reach end game content in a matter of days. Everytime they tried, the forums flooded with threads saying people isn't getting the items they want or better items often enough.

Do any of you remember DD1, or what made DD1 so good? The endless farming, sometimes playing several maps without a single good piece of gear, which made finding an actual upgrade feel actually rewarding.

@DrkrZen quote:

As others have said, there kinda IS no end game. Where other games have you build up your character through a series of trials, then challenge you with end game content to further get powerful, the name of Trendy's game is same maps, same enemies, more HP, stronger loot.

What we need is slower progression. The problem is that the community wants to reach end game as soon as possible, and then realize how boring it is once you do.

@Nefhith quote:

Do any of you remember DD1, or what made DD1 so good? The endless farming, sometimes playing several maps without a single good piece of gear, which made finding an actual upgrade feel actually rewarding.

What we need is slower progression. The problem is that the community wants to reach end game as soon as possible, and then realize how boring it is once you do.

I couldn't agree more. I partially wrote about this in my recent thread about player trading (https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/147524/) DD1 was fun because it had higher item tiers and rare, unique loot. You could farm for days on end without getting a single high-tier item drop (Ultimate++) and even when you did get one, it likely wouldn't have perfect stats. You could have 20 garbage Ultimate++ items, but you wouldn't just trash them like you would a legendary in DD2 because they're still worth something -- because they're rare and special, still exclusive in a way. And the ones with perfect stats made you feel amazing, made you want to farm more so you could get a full high-tier gear set with perfect stats – which took many months of farming, but it didn’t feel like a “grind” like DD2 does with ascension levels. It felt like fun because it was fun. You could even make use of the garbage high-tier items because they had far better stats than anything preceding them. 

DD2, on the other hand, drops perfect legendaries every other match with full defense or hero stats in each item because of the way it was designed, and that takes out a lot of fun, to be honest. Sure, it’s more balanced and makes the game more casual, but it’s boring. And it may even ruin trading. Grinding ascension levels is also boring. Loot lacks variety. You can get top notch gear within a week. I mean, I started playing C1 4 days ago, and I am already at C6. I’ll probably have perfect C7 gear by the end of this month.

One reason loot variety in DD1 was so successful was because there were hero stats on relics and tower stats on weapons, and even accessories had stats! Farming accessories was really fun because they weren’t just cosmetics – they were cosmetics with a purpose. I remember my cute Santa hat that gave me +90 defense power or something. It wasn’t much, but it was cool, and I could show off with it because Santa hats with decent stats were very rare and sought after. My Santa hat on DD2 feels meh. It’s winter-exclusive, but I wouldn’t show it off since it doesn’t give me advantage. It's just a cosmetic. No one cares. And that's boring. I want to be able to show off my cool loot by teasing them with it since it *did* give an in-game advantage and an interesting competitive edge over other players.

Anyway, one solution to help increase loot variety in the current system would be to add a “set roll” on each item drop you get in place of a shard slot. For example, you may get a 25%+ defense lightning aura speed relic, but it’d be worthless because you don’t use a monk, and so you trade it. This would promote socializing, which would help grow the game.

I'm back after a long break of DD2. I left after completing C5 in the first week it came out. So I'm currently doing C6, almost into C7.

I just need some clarification. Isn't Chaos the "endgame" TE was talking about? You know, they said Chaos was going to be the new endgame after they remove NM (a long time ago). I didn't follow any devstream or devlog lately. Is something new coming? Thanks

@MushroomCake28 quote:

I'm back after a long break of DD2. I left after completing C5 in the first week it came out. So I'm currently doing C6, almost into C7.

I just need some clarification. Isn't Chaos the "endgame" TE was talking about? You know, they said Chaos was going to be the new endgame after they remove NM (a long time ago). I didn't follow any devstream or devlog lately. Is something new coming? Thanks

They way its designed right now is the endgame shifts to higher tier chaos levels when they are realeased. There is no solid endgame this way :)

There are simple mechanics already in the game to promote longevity.

Hardcore and the portal mutators would make C7 far more challenging.

Timers are already in the game so DD1 has a timer on the build phase you could also have a build timer mutator in C7 too.

Effectively I would have brought in timers in c6 and C7 and hardcore, and mutators in C8.

They promoted the patch with the Chaos tiers as "The Endgame Update" but let´s be honest there is no endgame. Instead of adding more chaos tiers they should be adding lots of different modifiers to the existing content instead. Even the smallest tweaks can make an old map feel fresh again. This and open up all maps (incursions too)in all difficulties would be a great start.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

Isn't Chaos the "endgame" TE was talking about? You know, they said Chaos was going to be the new endgame after they remove NM (a long time ago).

IN B4 isom or lawlta say that Chaos is not the endgame.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

For the current released state of the game, it's technically end game because you don't progress further.  End-game content is being developed, and we'll be able to show it off once it's in a good state to do so.  We want to get it out ASAP, but sadly part of that "P" (possible) requires us to make sure it's in a playable state and as polished as we can make it.

@Lawlta quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

For the current released state of the game, it's technically end game because you don't progress further.  End-game content is being developed, and we'll be able to show it off once it's in a good state to do so.  We want to get it out ASAP, but sadly part of that "P" (possible) requires us to make sure it's in a playable state and as polished as we can make it.

Is the Endgame another gamemode?