Sign in to follow this  
russman

Which of these event items have really good stats?

I tried looking for screenshots that showed the stats for many of these but couldn't find them all so I'm asking here. 

The ones I know are top notch already are:

・ Ball Blaster

・ Celebration

・ Greater Magicite of Wind

・ Mana Master

・ New Patch Celebration

・ Rockshatter

・ The Cavalry

・ The RainMaker

・ Vortex Set

Any others that I don't know about?  Thanks.

Full list:

・ Aladdin's Wish

・ Amor

・ Arm Guard of Fire

・ Arm Guard of Lightning

・ Azure Peak

・ Ball Blaster

・ Battlecruiser Debris Mask

・ Black Satin Peak

・ bLACK mAGICK

・ Blu

・ Boneyard Blade

・ Captain Isom

・ Care Bear

・ Celebration

・ Cursed Brownie

・ Death Wish

・ Dragon of the North

・ Face of RNG

・ Fearsome Trainer Mask

・ Genie King's Prized Jewel

・ Glacier's Demise

・ Greater Magicite of Wind

・ Groovy Mask

・ Howling Werewolf

・ Kraken's Good Eye

・ Lava Dancer Mask

・ Mana Master

・ Mr. Skelly

・ New Patch Celebration

・ Old One's Stache

・ Rockshatter

・ Salem

・ Something Blue

・ Speed Freak Feather

・ Staff of the Pumpkin King

・ Stieglitz

・ The Cavalry

・ The RainMaker

・ Vamp's Delight

・ Vortex Set

Of the full list you made, I'd say these are the most practical with good stats -- 

· Aladdin's Wish (Tower)
  · Azure Peak (DPS)
  · Black Satin Peak (Tower)
  · bLACK mAGICK (Support)
  · Boneyard Blade (Tower)
  · Death Wish (DPS) (Support)
  · Greater Magicite of Wind (Tower)
  · Howling Werewolf (Support)
  · Mr. Skelly (Tower)
  · Salem (Support)
  · Staff of the Pumpkin King (Tower)
  · Vamp's Delight (DPS)

Rest are mainly novelty or for fun. Maybe you can add that Amor in there, but that's about all.

@Black Mamba quote:

Of the full list you made, I'd say these are the most practical with good stats -- 

· Aladdin's Wish (Tower)
  · Azure Peak (DPS)
  · Black Satin Peak (Tower)
  · bLACK mAGICK (Support)
  · Boneyard Blade (Tower)
  · Death Wish (DPS) (Support)
  · Greater Magicite of Wind (Tower)
  · Howling Werewolf (Support)
  · Mr. Skelly (Tower)
  · Salem (Support)
  · Staff of the Pumpkin King (Tower)
  · Vamp's Delight (DPS)

Rest are mainly novelty or for fun. Maybe you can add that Amor in there, but that's about all.

I am new to the party since I recently started playing the game, but I would like to know how can a new player such as myself get hold of event items like these? 

Are event items better than the end game gear items you can farm by playing the game on NM difficulty? 

PS: I saw some screenshots of those items and they have insane stats like +1000 to each category, almost like hacked items. 

Did they seriously release items like the Rainmaker(haven't seen anything close to it)  for a selected few who participated in the events? Doesn't seem fair nor balanced if these are allowed in Ranked mode. 

I am new to the party since I recently started playing the game, but I would like to know how can a new player such as myself get hold of event items like these?

Event items can be gained by -- participating in the event itself. Event is basically a map the Event Team makes, usually requires teamwork and thinking out of the box strategies to beat it. However, all participants get rewards regardless of failure or success(there were some events which had event items locked behind map success). How to participate in the event is easy, read here -- http://steamcommunity.com/app/65800/discussions/0/1470842897550213448/#c1471969431580120739

Basically you have to join a group chat(group link is above) then run the event and get your item.
The Reward item you will get will be on Ranked. Whereas Event Maps are played on Open. Keep that in mind in case you don't know.

Now that's covered on how to run and get the event yourself by participating, let's move on to other ways of obtaining event items, legit obviously.

Most common one is via trading. Which you most likely won't need to bother right now. But I'll givbe a brief rundown anyways -- basically -- you can sell Ult/Ult+/Ult++ Armor, Weps, Pets and even Rare Accs(EmberMount) etc. and get Cube(s) or Diamond(s) or even Events in return. In case of Cubes and Diamonds you can trade those for Event items. More info about "trading" and what are Cubes etc. is here -- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099764885 and also -- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123707617 One thing you'll notice often in the Trading section/community is the acronym -- CV, that basically means Cube Value, essentially a Companion Cube is used as in-game currency for when Mana prices are too low of certain items. So cube is used as an easier way to assign value to some item. Read the two guides listed you'll understand. I'll not bore you here with trading stuff. :-D

The last way to get event items, legit obviously is via giveaways. Usually Event Hosts have multiple left-over copies of event items which they giveaway in forums or in this group's group chat -- http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DDRnG Or even some times in-game(rare).

So a quick summary -- Can get Event Items by:

1. Participating in Community Events. Keep a lookout on these forums & Steam Forums for any future event announcement.
  2. Trading for them using existing Event Items, or Cubes, or Diamonds, or any nice Item you may have.
  3. Winning them via Giveaways, which usually require you to do some trivial tasks and should be easy to get in one.

Moving on,

Are event items better than the end game gear items you can farm by playing the game on NM difficulty? 

Yes and No both. Some Old Event Items, when Trendy used to develop the game were quite OP -- RainMaker, Rockshatter, Celebration Hat, Greater Magicite of Wind etc. there's a decent bit of item which are undeniably OP in fact broken(RainMaker certainly is). However, most recent event items offer a good variety and have their trade off so that they don't get terribly OP, but still offer good stats and usability.
And of course, some items are purely just novelty/joke and for looks and as such don't offer very many stats or usefulness in-game. These are usually some of the most early event items when Trendy and the Community had just started off with events. Which also makes some items ridiculously rare and expensive. But I'll not get into that here.
So with all that said, you can still farm items on NM/NMHC which are better or about as good as "MOST" event items. Some Event Items like Rainmaker etc. are just dumb OP and you can't farm anything like those. The current Events Team however has decided to keep Event Items not terribly OP so that if someone misses an event they don't feel left out as with other older OP items mentioned above.

Did they seriously release items like the Rainmaker(haven't seen anything close to it) for a selected few who participated in the events? Doesn't seem fair nor balanced if these are allowed in Ranked mode.

I agree, the RainMaker is just dumb broken. But it is what it is. However since the RainMaker Fiasco, there haven't been any such ridiculously OP items. Most off a decent trade-off in one way or the other.

Bonus: https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/148577/event-halloween-rush New Event Coming up. Enjoy! :-D

@Demarki quote:Are event items better than the end game gear items you can farm by playing the game on NM difficulty?

PS: I saw some screenshots of those items and they have insane stats like +1000 to each category, almost like hacked items. 

Did they seriously release items like the Rainmaker(haven't seen anything close to it)  for a selected few who participated in the events? Doesn't seem fair nor balanced if these are allowed in Ranked mode. 

Yep, Rain is broken good.  Fortunately, you don't need it to do anything in the game, but it certainly makes some stuff easier.

Some event items are better than anything you can farm, in particular the Vortex Shield, Celebration, New Patch Celebration, Rainmaker, and Ball Blaster.  Aside from those, Glaciers in particular are beatable in theory, but in practice you'll never farm something better, so they're a highly sought after item.  Rockshatter is also very difficult to match in stats.

No item in the game has +1000 or higher in stats (unless you count armor with set bonus).  Not even event items.

@Plane quote:

@Demarki quote:Are event items better than the end game gear items you can farm by playing the game on NM difficulty?

Yep, Rain is broken good.  Fortunately, you don't need it to do anything in the game, but it certainly makes some stuff easier.

Some event items are better than anything you can farm, in particular the Vortex Shield, Celebration, New Patch Celebration, Rainmaker, and Ball Blaster.  Aside from those, Glaciers in particular are beatable in theory, but in practice you'll never farm something better, so they're a highly sought after item.  Rockshatter is also very difficult to match in stats.

No item in the game has +1000 or higher in stats (unless you count armor with set bonus).  Not even event items.

Why don't you guys create items with similar power level to the event ones? Just make them hard to farm, on the most difficult maps/challenges and they still have to roll well in order to reach Rainmaker/Celebration Hat/Vortex Shield stats. 

I have to say that it really feels unfair not having a chance at the very best items, even if I play my best and invest a ton of time in the game, just because OP items were handed out like candy to people participating in events. It kills the motivation just knowing that I will never be able to farm the absolute best gear.

Becasue that can be abused by hackers and having RainMaker like OP items in the game itself is pretty broken. Like I said, barring those few event items, there's a lot of them which are easily farm-able and provide decent stats / DPS. Don't worry about it.

Most people who are with the game since long, don't really like the RainMaker, its not fun to use. :-D