Sign in to follow this  
raiden7447

Please Fix Assassins. These Are My Concerns...

The problem with C5 is that you have to practically AFK the maps because you are constantly chain ganged by assassins. If you are overpowered then this is no issue of course. I hate it when I have to tend a lane and heal defenses but I keep getting my hands literally tied by assassins so I can't do anything. Then, I watch as my defenses fall and my crystal dies because my character is disabled from doing anything over and over and over again by assassins.

My other concern is that if you are caught with your builder hero who has no health, then assassins kill, disable, kill, disable, kill you indefinitely. When you come back to life especially when all the other enemies are gone, you are not allowed to change heroes because the assassins cloud is instantly around you from spawn. Now you don't have a chance to change back to your DPS hero to live long enough to kill them.

I like the idea of assassins, don't get me wrong. However, the way assassins are implemented is terrible at best.

I'm speaking from someone who is trying to work his way through all the chaos levels without any help or carries. It's definitely doable and I am getting there, but it still does not negate the fact that the assassins mechanics are bad.

Please let me know what you think about this Trendy?

Does anyone else agree? 

You can use vipers fang as wall, spike wall with stun, proton beam with freeze, frostbite tower, SGT with stun, taser suit shard, Abyss Lord with primary attack bug(hold left mouse hole time)  + owerwhelm + withering fountain ...and much much more options :-)

you can counter it in so much ways

@Haui quote:

You can use vipers fang as wall, spike wall with stun, proton beam with freeze, frostbite tower, SGT with stun, taser suit shard, Abyss Lord with primary attack bug(hold left mouse hole time)  + owerwhelm + withering fountain ...and much much more options :-)

True, but It's a little of a pain with just the original four heroes and bad shard drops.

Also, when your defenses get full of enemies you can't stand inside of them until the assassins die or get stunned because everything else will kill you. You also get tagged running from one lane to another.  

I agree that C5 is probably the biggest hike in difficulty solely due to the assassin silence attack. If they didn't cling on to you they would be far less bothersome.

They have been nerfed once already and as Haul says there are many counters, even with the original four heroes.

Stick with it you will soon get to a point where they will be ok.

Extra hero health and sparkle party pet was my key to them, although saving up your medals and buying the Abyss Lord will make them even less of an obstacle.

I agree, the assassins need to be fixed.  I, personally, did not have much issue with them because I dpsed mainly on the Abyss Lord, which can counter relatively easily.  My g/f on the other hand who dpsed mainly on a gunwitch died to them quite a lot and got pretty frustrated with the game during C5.  Once past C5, the amount of assassins drop off which helps considerably, but they still annoy her and kill her occasionally.  Either way, the fact that they completely lock you out of doing anything you may need to do (even healing on most characters) is just silly.  That part needs to go. 

Still, even having reached C7 max gear, running Sparkle party on the pet for those pesky assassins.  So while it did get better, they are still annoying.  Not difficult, just annoying.

Yep, i am also stuck at C4. The jump to C5 is too big for me. Those ASSassins are a pain.

I have no idea on how to move forward, the last 20 runs on C4 gave me drops with same or lower stats, than the gear i have now.

I didn't find assassins that big of a deal when I first entered C5 a few weeks ago.  Granted, I'd read a lot about other people's problems with them, so I felt very prepared.  But geyser traps (with orbs for speed) made it pretty easy for me.  You just need to learn to build a kill zone, and build that kill zone near enough to spawn that you can get there before the assassins pop onto you again (assuming you died while elsewhere).  

Now that I'm in C7, I find the assassins mostly just annoying, and one of the least fun parts of the game.

Going into C5, I specifically bought the Abyss Lord for the Healing Fountain due to being killed again and again. I bought a DLC hero just so I could progress. Now I know you can do so without resorting to this, but frankly I consider them more game-ruining than the Geodes and EMPOrcs which is saying something.

The problem I find, even now in C6, is that in order to 'counter' them, you have to stand in a safe area and wait for them to die/be knocked off (and then kill them). In DD1, they'd appear and make a dart for the players. attacking them until dead. This one just has them teleport so you can't even see them on the map, and then make it so you literally cannot play the game. This is actually my main gripe against buying the Gunwitch; what's the point of playing someone who's pure DPS if I'm always gonna be under threat of having to sit around in a very particular spot until the wave's obligatory nuisance(s) has gone away.

I want to fight in this game that's part action-RPG, not AFK whilst a cloaked dude hugs me to death.

I'd suggest you to not use the abyss lord and go for the dryad instead. If you throw her mushrooms right as you get the purple cloud on you, you can easily tank several of them, since you can have dryad's blessing active while they're clinged on you.

We've seen your feedback regarding assassins, and are looking at a handful of possibilities to make it challenging/engaging but more enjoyable than it currently is.  They won't be nerfed into the ground, but some changes are being looked at!

@Lawlta quote:

We've seen your feedback regarding assassins, and are looking at a handful of possibilities to make it challenging/engaging but more enjoyable than it currently is.  They won't be nerfed into the ground, but some changes are being looked at!

tbf they are only an issue for some players on C5 because C5 has less enemies to choose from therefore assassins make up a bigger portion of the enemies. I will agree they are not very enraging and a little annoying (probably my least favorite enemy) but they are not remotely hard in C6/7 and only a problem in C5 for new players because of their quantity and players lack of knowing how to handle them.

@Lawlta quote:

Make them work like hunters and jockeys in left for dead 2.Instead of teleporting they should charge at you from random locations so you can dodge them with mobility.

@raiden7447 quote:

@Haui quote:

True, but It's a little of a pain with just the original four heroes and bad shard drops.

Also, when your defenses get full of enemies you can't stand inside of them until the assassins die or get stunned because everything else will kill you. You also get tagged running from one lane to another.  

just tank them with a squire while  your defenses kill them

@Lawlta quote:

Thanks.

I don't want them to be nerfed either. I like the idea of assassins! I just think getting chain bound over and over again can get a little silly. Once you get good enough relics, this isn't a problem anymore, but just starting C5 or even C6 and C7, it can be a real hindrance. I think if we had the ability to actively heal defenses while being attacked by them, it would be fine.  

What if they just..latch and attack

Instead of making your character useless, they could just attach to you and damage you until dead or stunned or knocked off.

I wouldn't mind that.

Having to wait or run around to try to knock them off while your stuff dies is annoying. Not fun.

A solution I personally found when progressing through C5 was stand near a Dryad's Tree, which is placed near a Viper's Fangs, so while keeping that respective lane at bay, whenever one of them latched onto me I'd go near the wall and get it off and then Blunder Broom it along with any others that are near (I suggest getting the shard Overwhelming Buster for this). My GW is mostly HH/AP/CD, around 60k hp would be enough to survive while running around with a few "accidents".

Why not make them work like altar assassins? as long as you move around running from them you will be ok, the moment you stop up you're in deep trouble.