Sign in to follow this  
Kambien

Ranged Gambit Ascension

Hey there,

So I am curious... how worth it is this little perk?  It seems you obtain range but at the cost of power, thus making your towers less effective.  I have only ever spent pts into this for Mystic Snaking Sands.  Even then it was simply to bolster the chances of stunning.  This makes sense; however, what about your high damage towers, is this worth it?

Thanks!

I love having it on Flame aura and Skyguard. Sky guard is pretty nice to have the super range because of the god-awful flying kobolds. I tend to balance it out by also putting points towards its power once I get speed maxed out. (I have Initiate for my auras).

In my experience, that is the most useful way to use gambit (at least for me).

@geo981010 quote:

@Nefhith quote:

@geo981010 quote:

increase in DPS here per second usually

your per second DPS goes down

Do you know what DPS stands for, buddy?

OK - let me rephrase :)

Your single target DPS goes down, but area attacks hit more critters most of the time so the total DPS goes up. Single target doesn't get that so DPS goes down, but is safer and can fire more often (if positioned right)

First line - total DPS goes up usually (since it hits more critters)

Second line - total DPS goes down since it is single target

thats still a bit confusing, DPS period goes down, however effective dps goes up :)

All towers gain range and therefore can sustain there "lower" dps for longer (they can shoot at enemies earlier, and in some cases keep shooting for longer SGT's/ground defenses etc), hence their effective dps (how much damage they can actually do) goes up.

But I understand what you mean :)

I saw an Earthshatter having insane range which was placed near the core but attack the mobs pretty near the spawn point. 

And Range Gambit plus Deadly Strikes is really useful for Flamthrowers, if you really hate when that tower gets destroyed frequently.

Just my thoughts.

Range gambit is really just for late-game players with lots of ascension points - outside of C6-C7, the downside to the gambit takes a pretty hefty toll. Generally, players will be better off investing their ascension points in crit chance until their defense power is at least 15K+.