Sign in to follow this  
Vetokend

End game players - Are ascension bonuses noteworthy?

I recently unlocked ascension, and found the stat gains to be pretty minimal when compared to the gear gained in chaos 7.  I watched a stream of somebody at ascension level 1600 and thought he must be godly from all those ascension points.  When I look at the bonuses, I'm not really sure anymore.

Anyway, I know it's kind of a random question, I'm just curious if those who have C7 on farm mode see ascension levels as a valuable thing to chase.  Thanks for any info.

@Vetokend quote:

I recently unlocked ascension, and found the stat gains to be pretty minimal when compared to the gear gained in chaos 7.  I watched a stream of somebody at ascension level 1600 and thought he must be godly from all those ascension points.  When I look at the bonuses, I'm not really sure anymore.

Anyway, I know it's kind of a random question, I'm just curious if those who have C7 on farm mode see ascension levels as a valuable thing to chase.  Thanks for any info.

Noteworthy? yes! required? No.

That said, Defense speed & defense crit dmg are very powerful! So, your 1st 60 ascension points you will want to put all 20 into defense speed and all 20 into defense crit chance for your builder heroes. For your DPS heroes, you will want your 1st 20 points into Hero crit chance.

If your heroes are both DPS and builder, then go with Defense crit chance over hero crit chance.

they are substantial increases, but yes nothing compared to a C7 relic etc. 

The most impactful aspects are the 20% crit chance and the range gambit, these really effect your building in a deep way and are a must on all your towers.

What makes super high ascension so nice is the fact you can have multiple towers builds and a dps build all on one hero with no loss to strength to any aspect other then your pet but thats another issue.

Building is so fast for me with high ascension because all my builders are also my dps'ers without any loss to stats, and all my builders and dpser fit in my core deck. I never have to change my deck during the build phase or at the start of combat.

@Vetokend quote:

60 is the first break point > You can start exploiting OP crit DMG.

210 is the next break point > You will be able to max Range Gambit for your tower.

420 is the next break point > You can max the Defense power of ONE defense.

Beyond that it is pretty mich all about CONVENIENCE. 

Maxing health and Defense power for a single defense, wtill NOT add much to your tower.

So at ascension level 420 as long as you got several characters for the towers you use. You will pretty much be at max power.

This  is pretty much true to DPS characters as well, but to a lesser extent. Since DPS Heroes can use several different abilities at once, you can ofc make several for each of them, like you would do for each tower. But thats not really a viable approach.