Sign in to follow this  
bryce_atkinson

PS4 inventory controls suck

Is anyone else hating the inventory controls for the PS4 version of DD2? If the devs could play Destiny on PS4 and try to mimic that game's inventory controls, that would be amazing. DD2 on consoles beg to have a cursor based inventory system.

Having played Destiny for the expanse of its lifetime, I really like this idea. 

The biggest problems with the inventory stem from a lot of the gear slot icons, in the hero manager window, being unaligned with one another, and sorting issues.

I never cared for Destiny menus, but I guess I just hated that cursor feel when playing on console (feels slow because no mouse). That's just me though

The menus most definitely do need some work.

@zMiiChy quote:

I never cared for Destiny menus, but I guess I just hated that cursor feel when playing on console (feels slow because no mouse). That's just me though

The menus most definitely do need some work.

Here, Here! and agreed! Destiny controls are poo, especially vault space.

However I agree whole heatedly that the bag grid space system in this game is also poo.

I would like to strangle the person who decided to make (in ps4) L1/R1 shift for large field while L2/R2 is the top tab. After 1 1/2 months of returning and "no life-ing" this game, I am STILL trying to change tabs with L1/R1.

It's physio-mechanically the most natural motion.

One can also tell with a glance how they intended for us to use our bag space with a simple glance at the icons.

There is one for "each character" while almost no one uses them this way.

The typical way most of us use our bags is, weapons, armor, relics, shards, pets (sometimes), consumables, trash. Of these the only one with a real icon is trash and maybe shards if you count the silly green gem, which I find a bit funny.

Also the genius who decided things like lock on one side should be the same controls as "delete character" on the other should be fired.  It's poor thinking like this that really ruins games.

@Xzelian quote:

@zMiiChy quote:

Also the genius who decided things like lock on one side should be the same controls as "delete character" on the other should be fired.  It's poor thinking like this that really ruins games.

I've made several suggestion threads about this but they haven't gotten much attention. I have almost deleted my character so many times for this exact thing...

I honestly don't know what they were thinking.

They could have made "Delete Character" some totally unused combo of buttons like L3+R3 or similar.

Crazy awful.

@zMiiChy quote:

@Xzelian quote:

@zMiiChy quote:

I've made several suggestion threads about this but they haven't gotten much attention. I have almost deleted my character so many times for this exact thing...

I honestly don't know what they were thinking.

They could have made "Delete Character" some totally unused combo of buttons like L3+R3 or similar.

Crazy awful.

I took a year break from the game because the text on the screen was so tiny it wouldn't even pixelate. I know this because I could use the PS4 zoom function and see the garbled pixels magnified.

It was impossible to read and completely unplayable. It took them a YEAR to resolve this (and still our barely readable text is augmented by a slider that allows us to make it smaller but not larger?)

I doubt they will respond to any real suggestions in a reasonable time, even if they intend to resolve the issues.