Sign in to follow this  
iAM

Soloing Power Surge?

Is it possible for someone with C5 gear? I know it says recommended 3+ players, but I've been trying to take a crack at it solo and the furthest I've made it was wave 2, with cannonballs.

Just wondering if any of you have managed to do it and what you used. 

try with ballista's they were good back in NM4 days.

Rollers can be a problem, they can 1 shot your defenses if its still like it was from NM4, so when a roller spawns try and stay away from your ballistas and nuke him down.

Also if you want to cheese it, put your best totem on your dryad trees and place many blockades down before you even start the timer. They will not despawn and can hold everything for a long time if your ballistas fail. don't forget to repair/upgrade them or you will be screwed though, as you cant be switching to your dryad while playing.

It was a bit challenging with ballistas with C7 gear. I doubt its doable in C5 gear, but maybe if you practice it.

I think we need more content that is on this level of challenging. But it is challenging for the wrong reasons.

@Zimmermann quote:

I've never thought about trying those. I've definitely noticed ballistas don't get a lot of love. 

@Zimmermann quote:

Also if you want to cheese it, put your best totem on your dryad trees and place many blockades down before you even start the timer. They will not despawn and can hold everything for a long time if your ballistas fail. don't forget to repair/upgrade them or you will be screwed though, as you cant be switching to your dryad while playing.

I also just got the Dryad last night so I may have to try this. 

Realistically speaking it's probably not possible to solo this unless you get really lucky or you're max C7 gear, so I'll probably have to find a group. Which, is a challenge by itself.. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

It was a bit challenging with ballistas with C7 gear. I doubt its doable in C5 gear, but maybe if you practice it.

I think we need more content that is on this level of challenging. But it is challenging for the wrong reasons.

Im back and forth with it. On one hand, I love that it's a challenge, you really have to be on your toes. But, on the other hand, I couldn't have said it better myself, challenging for the wrong reasons. 

I'll probably end up having to find a group eventually which like I've said, is a challenge in itself. Not many people (at least on PS4) like to play that incursion. 

@Zimmermann quote: don't forget to repair/upgrade them or you will be screwed though, as you cant be switching to your dryad while playing.

Good suggestion but the last time I saw this done, when the trees were completely destroyed they were replaced with an acorn which anyone could restore to a tree. Didn't need the dryad.

But, once you finally beat Power Surge, you will have the awesome power of Perma stun!! WOOT WOOT!!! :-)

Your stunning power will be.... OVER NINE THOUSAND!!

@SpiderDanX quote:

But, once you finally beat Power Surge, you will have the awesome power of Perma stun!! WOOT WOOT!!! :-)

Your stunning power will be.... OVER NINE THOUSAND!!

Lol this totally made my day.

That's the goal xD 

@iAM quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

I've never thought about trying those. I've definitely noticed ballistas don't get a lot of love. 

@Zimmermann quote:

I also just got the Dryad last night so I may have to try this. 

Realistically speaking it's probably not possible to solo this unless you get really lucky or you're max C7 gear, so I'll probably have to find a group. Which, is a challenge by itself.. 

Just tried with the dryad. Spam trees like crazy and throw about 500000 bees in there. Mid-tier C5 geared.

@FreelyTomorrow7 quote:

I wil be inexplicably impressed if anyone can achieve a solo victory with Chaos 5 gear.

It would be very difficult even with Chaos 6 gear.

I just did. It's really easy with the dryad.

@Nefhith quote:

@FreelyTomorrow7 quote:

I wil be inexplicably impressed if anyone can achieve a solo victory with Chaos 5 gear.

It would be very difficult even with Chaos 6 gear.

I just did. It's really easy with the dryad.

well thats kind of the point, its easy because your trees do not despawn. I raised this issue back in NM4 days and suggested that the whole map should just have the dryad build buff as default so the trees could be on the same 30s timer as everything else. Also bee's are like flame auras in so far as they cannot be destroyed by rollers (on power surge rollers or any damage for that matter 1 shots conventional towers) however bees have one advantage over flame auras.. they cant be stunned by EMP Orc's... so in C5 gear this makes for a much easier time.

I don't think any map should rely on a purchasable hero to be completed either.

I completed the map with just flame auras and no blockades at all, but in C7 gear... so in C5 gear we are talking many EMP's and maybe that strategy doesn't work. Now I used to do the map with just Ballista's which will have the damage to clear everything... but once you get 2 rollers spawning together with a bad timing you could lose half your ballistas to expiration or lose them as you place more due to bombardment. 

When chaos incursions first came out, I REALLY struggled completing power surge, even at max C7 gear. I ended up using ballistas equipped with splody harpoons.

The assassins are what make this map exorbitantly difficult. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to put Power Surge in the chaos tier that has assassins? You know, the incursion where you must be constantly summoning defenses with an enemy that prevents you from summoning said defenses?

That's some quality game design right there.

@gigazelle quote:

When chaos incursions first came out, I REALLY struggled completing power surge, even at max C7 gear. I ended up using ballistas equipped with splody harpoons.

The assassins are what make this map exorbitantly difficult. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to put Power Surge in the chaos tier that has assassins? You know, the incursion where you must be constantly summoning defenses with an enemy that prevents you from summoning said defenses?

True story

@gigazelle quote:

Agreed.  I beat it with PDTs pre-nerf and it wasn't too bad, but now poison damage is horrible.