Sign in to follow this  
TMTrainer

So I'm back after a few months of hiatus.

Just before the rocky launch (tbh, the launch is the straw that broken the camel's back), I decided to take a hiatus and wait to see what kind of cleanup post-launch feedback would create.

And so far, the game looks leagues better than it did months ago, so I'm giving it another shot (and not going to lie, the free 4k medals helped with that decision ;P).

So, I have a few questions.

1) So it looks like Incusions were added... in one of the most awkward ways possible..? (Why don't you guys let us choose the difficulty of the maps we want to play!). Anyway, are the items you get worth doing?

2) It seems like they changed chests... I haven't gotten a gold chest in 2 days. Are there new ways to minmax the rate at which you get these chests, or are they random?

3) Since launch, how has the meta shifted? Looks like traps are... usable? And walls are now massive? Can trees still be used as walls?

4) Whats the shard situation look like, I'm assuming power transfer is still the meta right? Or is there another obviously probably-too-strong shard people are using now.

5) How's hero DPS? Anybody get buffed or nerfed in some gamebreaking way since launch?

Thanks guys.

@TMTrainer quote:

1) So it looks like Incusions were added... in one of the most awkward ways possible..? (Why don't you guys let us choose the difficulty of the maps we want to play!). Anyway, are the items you get worth doing? 

2) It seems like they changed chests... I haven't gotten a gold chest in 2 days. Are there new ways to minmax the rate at which you get these chests, or are they random?

3) Since launch, how has the meta shifted? Looks like traps are... usable? And walls are now massive? Can trees still be used as walls?

4) Whats the shard situation look like, I'm assuming power transfer is still the meta right? Or is there another obviously probably-too-strong shard people are using now.

5) How's hero DPS? Anybody get buffed or nerfed in some gamebreaking way since launch?

Thanks guys.

1. Great and easy way to gear up!
  2. They are much more random / rare. :-\  A lot of people also complain that gold chests most often produce orb relics more than anything else. :-\
  3. Walls are massive, tree's make great walls (even if they are smaller).  AL skeletal walls are amazing.  Flame Auras are a go to.  LSA are amazing damage.  Ballistae are really fun to dink around wtih.  Earth shatter do really good damage.
  4. I don't know about game breaking, I barely watch youtube anymore (too many ad's - different story), but AL is the AOE group killer.  Monk and Dryad are great DPSers and boss killers (star fall / pole smash / etc.).

Hope this helps a little.

@Kambien quote:

@TMTrainer quote:

Thanks guys.

2. They are much more random / rare. :-\  A lot of people also complain that gold chests most often produce orb relics more than anything else. :-\
  3. Walls are massive, tree's make great walls (even if they are smaller).  AL skeletal walls are amazing.  Flame Auras are a go to.  LSA are amazing damage.  Ballistae are really fun to dink around wtih.  Earth shatter do really good damage.
  4. I don't know about game breaking, I barely watch youtube anymore (too many ad's - different story), but AL is the AOE group killer.  Monk and Dryad are great DPSers and boss killers (star fall / pole smash / etc.).

1) Awesome! Good to know there is another way to gear.

2) This is a good change. Getting a gold chest should be rare.

3) I'm assuming these wall changes were in response to "stuff is slipping through my defenses!". Awesome stuff.

4) Doesn't seem like this changed at all.

Thanks for the help!

As for 5) I think they've balanced it a little more. The monk's smashing fist had a big damage reduction, but that was because a bug caused the high damage in the first place.

So, I have a few answers.

1) All shot patterns etc are bad it seems, but as far as stat sticks go they are fine, so basically more use for ability power builds then weapon damage  imho.

2) I would say maybe 1 in 7~ chests are legendary, they upped it after it was initially nerfed.

3) Meta was WM, now its basically anything with flame auras it seems. C7 is an anti tower chaos mode so yeah traps/auras etc are king.

4) Medallion is still Power transfer/range/defense crit damage for the highest damage, however on poor rolled defense speed medallions I would still suggest rate simply for more steady dps and because its less of a waste with a  8.5k speed relic then with a 9.5k one.

5) I don't really know this one, all I know is every hero I have bothered to gear has very strong dps so I don't even care anymore hehe. I just play monk/squire and will build a HD/hcd apprentice.

My 2 cents:

1) They only function to unlock weapons at Wayfarer in town. On their own they are pointless. Majority of the items on sale are crap, but they scale to your strongest hero. Best ones are Shadowflame Knife, Glaive of Storms, Molten Tome, and Megashark if you are running a crit witch.

2) Still random.

3) Squire walls are massive. Trees can't be used as walls reliably. I think the soon meta is definitely Dryad corrupt form bees (for all) and slimes (to slow berserkers). I don't even bother placing any walls when using them (4x bees and 1x slime per lane). But yeah, a lot of towers are now passable as usable. Most people are still using Flame Auras / Proton Beams / Weapon Manufacturers / etc.

4) Nope, still Power Transfer. I think Vampiric Empowerment is possibly implemented wrongly because it ups the defense power of a tower before Power Transfer is applied unlike the Destruction shard, so you get more DP and DCP from Vampiric Empowerment.

5) Some got nerfed by the way of fixing bugs, but I don't think that should count. I prefer Mystic for DPS because of her Shadowflame Knife secondary attack combined with Burning Strikes (I'd prefer Lightning Touch and Sundering Blow shards but I don't have them from before it got locked out) and Serpent's Kiss shard (glove, applies poison dmg 210% of hero health per second for 5 seconds) and Debilitating Madness (45% dmg increase to effected enemies). I also like to use Dryad's corrupt form starfall to instant-kill rollers (nothing new).

@Kambien quote:
@TMTrainer quote:

Uhhh... what? Incursions are a terrible way to gear up. You get 1 or 2 pieces of gear total per map, and only from the end game chest.

Incursions should only ever be played until you beat it the 1st time. They just unlock purchasable weapons from the Wayfarer. After unlocking the weapon, there's no reason to ever do the same incursion again. They're not great for experience, they're very poor for gear, and they never give any shards.

Everything has pretty much been answered already. 

As for Hero DPS, I really enjoy this setup:

Squire, Dryad or Lavamancer with the following:
Retribution 

Flaming retribution

Electric retribution

Pet ability (1 of the following):
Shock Shield (Storm dmg pet)
Poison Shield (Earth dmg pet)
Fire Shield (Fire dmg pet)

With Ch7 gear, you actualy don't need to worry about how much dmg you do. The retribution shards each have a 20% chance to reflect 425% of your armor stat as dmg to your attacker AND they stack with each other. In essence, the mini bosses can 1 hit KO THEMSELVES! LOL 
I'm not sure if the 20% stacks to 60% or what, but the 425% dmg does stack. 

The pet shields will reflect 1,500%-2,000% dmg done to you back to your attacker, before resists are calculated. 

This setup has been around for awhile, but it is even more apparently clear to use with shards being able to be equipped on 3 different gear pieces. :-)

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Kambien quote:

Uhhh... what? Incursions are a terrible way to gear up. You get 1 or 2 pieces of gear total per map, and only from the end game chest.

Incursions should only ever be played until you beat it the 1st time. They just unlock purchasable weapons from the Wayfarer. After unlocking the weapon, there's no reason to ever do the same incursion again. They're not great for experience, they're very poor for gear, and they never give any shards.

Apologies, I meant Chaos TRIALS not Incursions.

My mule gains 3-5 upgrades per map.  My mule is at the point of 21k relics are fairly frequent which assures I am guaranteed great upgrades.

My 3 other heroes gain 1-3 upgrades per map.

Yes, the mule "system" is flawed and is a symptom of certain flaws in the loot system (e.g. we shouldn't have to manipulate it).

Gearing up is very fast and simple with the "mule" method.  It's been proven repeatedly.