Sign in to follow this  
Dragontorc

Kicked from my own game.

Created a game in C2 made ascension 80. Started to build and 3 people joined. I continued to build then was kicked from the game. Ive seen posts about this from 2015, is it still not sorted?

Honestly, I've been guilty of doing this in C3 or C5 when farming. Since I don't want to lose my win bonus and I get thrown into a room with a random builder,  if I'm playing with a party of good people, we often kick the person if they have bad towers and won't sell. It sucks and it isn't cool and I feel bad for doing it, but grinding those shards is top priority.

Trendy did say the next patch should be working on sorting out the matchmaking system so it's better for players on both sides of the fence. Hopefully they actually get the patch out this time. Pretty important issue. 

apart from leechers, there are many trolls

yay, u can do nothing but continue to suffer right now if u choose to play public game

@geo981010 quote:

@zMiiChy quote:

Honestly, I've been guilty of doing this in C3 or C5 when farming. Since I don't want to lose my win bonus and I get thrown into a room with a random builder,  if I'm playing with a party of good people, we often kick the person if they have bad towers and won't sell. It sucks and it isn't cool and I feel bad for doing it, but grinding those shards is top priority.

Trendy did say the next patch should be working on sorting out the matchmaking system so it's better for players on both sides of the fence. Hopefully they actually get the patch out this time. Pretty important issue. 

No offense man - but if your win bonus means so much don't play public. If you are kicking someone like this because you don't like their towers, that is pretty crappy as you are ending their win streak. Ask them if you can build instead sure, but if not claim the next round and make the best of it.

I have no problem with kicking people for being trolls or if they deserve it, and I know the MP system is really not ready for release (like a lot of things in DD2). But if someone starts a game and is building it and you boot them, you are costing the community players and Trendy money and eventually that leads to the servers closing for everyone.

I usually play public to help other people build. I enjoy helping but I also crave those shards. I party up with randoms that need it but get thrown into rooms with people who can't win with their setups afterwards, but won't sell their towers. So this is the outcome of that.

I don't want to lose my win streak because a low tier player is stubborn. I won't just "accept my losses" because of Trendy's bad matchmaking.

But it is getting fixed.. apparently. So just hoping it happens soon.

Sadly, there just seems to be some things Trendy will never figure out...

In-game friend lists, inviting friends, allowing hosts to kick... just some of the things. 

@zMiiChy quote:

@geo981010 quote:

@zMiiChy quote:

No offense man - but if your win bonus means so much don't play public. If you are kicking someone like this because you don't like their towers, that is pretty crappy as you are ending their win streak. Ask them if you can build instead sure, but if not claim the next round and make the best of it.

I have no problem with kicking people for being trolls or if they deserve it, and I know the MP system is really not ready for release (like a lot of things in DD2). But if someone starts a game and is building it and you boot them, you are costing the community players and Trendy money and eventually that leads to the servers closing for everyone.

I usually play public to help other people build. I enjoy helping but I also crave those shards. I party up with randoms that need it but get thrown into rooms with people who can't win with their setups afterwards, but won't sell their towers. So this is the outcome of that.

I don't want to lose my win streak because a low tier player is stubborn. I won't just "accept my losses" because of Trendy's bad matchmaking.

But it is getting fixed.. apparently. So just hoping it happens soon.

But if you crave those shards and enjoy helping players, why don't you separate them, when you're looking for shards, go private, it's actually faster. When you feel like doing some goodwill, go all out on that and forget about the win streak.

I don't normally bother about the winstreak (heck, I rare got them). So it doesn't really bother me when I'm looking for shards in various Chaos (except C7 which I play solo normally) and lower-geared people join me. 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@zMiiChy quote:

@geo981010 quote:

But if you crave those shards and enjoy helping players, why don't you separate them, when you're looking for shards, go private, it's actually faster. When you feel like doing some goodwill, go all out on that and forget about the win streak.

I don't normally bother about the winstreak (heck, I rare got them). So it doesn't really bother me when I'm looking for shards in various Chaos (except C7 which I play solo normally) and lower-geared people join me. 

C3 is fast regardless of private or public. It's easy. This game has a huge amount of grinding required and not everyone has enough time to separate them and do both. I definitely don't.

Not to mention.. private..is..dull..as..heck.

When you're breezing through difficulties with ease, playing private solo is basically "set up build, go afk". At least in public I can help people out and mess around while farming. The game is not enjoyable solo once you're at the point where it's no challenge at all, at least not to me.

I have absolutely no issue if a low level is in the room, but I choose to not accept a loss because a builder is stubborn and I had no choice but to be thrown in their room.

@zMiiChy quote:

@zMiiChy quote:

@geo981010 quote:

C3 is fast regardless of private or public. It's easy. This game has a huge amount of grinding required and not everyone has enough time to separate them and do both. I definitely don't.

When you're breezing through difficulties with ease, playing private solo is basically "set up build, go afk". At least in public I can help people out and mess around while farming. The game is not enjoyable solo once you're at the point where it's no challenge at all, at least not to me.

I have absolutely no issue if a low level is in the room, but I choose to not accept a loss because a builder is stubborn and I had no choice but to be thrown in their room.

I don't get it, if C3's easy, then how is it possible low-geared players is able pull you down?

I don't get it, if C3's easy, then how is it possible low-geared players is able pull you down?

Asking the real questions! Kicking the host is a *** move, regardless of his gear. You never kick a builder. Never.

Never.

If you want that sexy bonus, ask the builder to let you build, or give him advice; don't be a ***.

@Nefhith quote:

Asking the real questions! Kicking the host is a *** move, regardless of his gear. You never kick a builder. Never.

Never.

If you want that sexy bonus, ask the builder to let you build, or give him advice; don't be a ***.

?

@zMiiChy quote:

@zMiiChy quote:

@geo981010 quote:

Ok fine, I get it now, it's reasonable to kick if the builder is being a scumbag, I was under the assumption that you were on a kicking spree of any player who's relic has horrible stats. Whoops! Sorry.

@Nefhith quote:

Never.

If I hit continue and join a room with someone who's already started the build phase, has bad towers, and won't sell, it doesn't matter how easy it is to me. If I can't build and their stuff is awful, we will lose.

So yeah.. I disagree entirely. It is not either of our fault that the matchmaking is bad but I'm not going to take a loss because a player is being prideful/stubborn.. host or not.

@zMiiChy quote:
@Nefhith quote:

Never.

If I hit continue and join a room with someone who's already started the build phase, has bad towers, and won't sell, it doesn't matter how easy it is to me. If I can't build and their stuff is awful, we will lose.

So yeah.. I disagree entirely. It is not either of our fault that the matchmaking is bad but I'm not going to take a loss because a player is being prideful/stubborn.. host or not.

That's ***ed up. If taking a loss is so horrible then don't play public games. Period. If you want to help new players then just deal with a loss here and there. If winning is all that matters to you stop doing public. You're not helping people by kicking them from their own games.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@zMiiChy quote:
@Nefhith quote:

Never.

That's ***ed up. If taking a loss is so horrible then don't play public games. Period. If you want to help new players then just deal with a loss here and there. If winning is all that matters to you stop doing public.

I want to help people and I want to win my shards. I do not want to lose due to stubborn bad builders and bad matchmaking. If the loss is my own fault? Fine, yeah. But I do want to ENJOY playing the game (ez solo not fun) and not have to lose because of things like that. 

I do not have unlimited time to farm so I want to make the most of the time I do have (consecutive wins are the fastest way).

I try to be nice like "Hey man, I'm on a win bonus and your towers aren't very good for this Chaos tier. Could you sell them and let me build?" 

But nahhhh. Idc about your win streak or if my stuff sucks. We're all losing this round.

Either way, the problem is getting fixed in the next patch. Nothing to complain about after that.(Hopefully)

Some people want to actually PLAY the game, not just sit there and watch some over-geared person AFK it. And you are punishing people for wanting to play the game. And you justify it on the grounds of "well I kinda sorta like to help people sometimes, but I'm greedy and selfish above everything else so deal with it".

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Some people want to actually PLAY the game, not just sit there and watch some over-geared person AFK it. And you are punishing people for wanting to play the game. And you justify it on the grounds of "well I'm greedy so deal with it".

The entire game is centered around farming items, and considering my time constraints, I want to be able to do that effectively.

It is a single game to sit through so that neither of us are wasting our time by losing. I don't think that's asking for very much. However, being an ass and making someone lose because you don't want to have one easy win isn't very cool either. It doesn't happen to me overly often, but it does happen.

I do not think either side is inherently at fault, it is because of the way matchmaking is designed at the moment.

@whaaaah quote:

@zMiiChy quote:

Honestly, I've been guilty of doing this in C3 or C5

This is the only correct point i see u made in all your arguements

Correct? Or just what you agree with?

I'm honestly surprised so many people are defending unreasonable players. 

The host is the most important, whether or not they're an ass is irrelevant? I was a host when I started my room but ended up in someone else's, someone who has early C1 items hoping to skip into C3, bad strats.. who is stubborn and won't sell  anything and will cause the whole room to lose.. but none of that is relevant? (An example)

Baffles me

Kicking the host is BS. If you don't like how they are building or their ascension level then just leave and find a different game to join. If you want to farm shards then go solo or just deal with losing a round or two, Odds are that extra shard is probably not the one you wanted anyway. Everytime I do a public match its like a kick fest on ps4. I could care less if somebody builds stuff that's lower than mine, I just replace it with my good towers when theirs gets destroyed. Just look at it as a challenge.

@zMiiChy quote:
@whaaaah quote:
@zMiiChy quote:

Honestly, I've been guilty of doing this in C3 or C5

This is the only correct point i see u made in all your arguements

Correct? Or just what you agree with?

I'm honestly surprised so many people are defending unreasonable players. 

The host is the most important, whether or not they're an ass is irrelevant? I was a host when I started my room but ended up in someone else's, someone who has early C1 items hoping to skip into C3, bad strats.. who is stubborn and won't sell  anything and will cause the whole room to lose.. but none of that is relevant? (An example)

Baffles me

Ok, we get it, you're selfish and greedy. We got it the 1st time. Saying no, wait you don't understand, I do it because I'm selfish and greedy isn't going to make us agree with you. Trust me we all fully understood it the 1st time you said it.

Hmm.  Let's come up with reasons to kick the builder.

1.  I'm a nasty person.

2. I'm just nasty.

3. I just put on my nasty pants.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Some people want to actually PLAY the game, not just sit there and watch some over-geared person AFK it. And you are punishing people for wanting to play the game. And you justify it on the grounds of "well I kinda sorta like to help people sometimes, but I'm greedy and selfish above everything else so deal with it".

For once I have to agree with this, if someone started a match and wanted to test his defense towers, you have to respect his decision. The only valid reason reason to kick if for example, a C1 or Campaign player joins a C3 match and start a building spree and not listening to you.

Some dude might have won solo that tier and wanted to test his defense against higher player difficulty increase of that tier and suddenly someone came into his match and just kick him. That probably results in a high chance that he'll probably hunt you down to revenge kick on you.

If the dude told you that he wants to test his defense plus with HIM as the match starter, you actually have no right to kick him.

No-one has a right to kick anyone, you may want to for numerous reasons but right no I don't think so.

I don't kick full stop if I don't like it I leave, as long as I am not the builder as that is just petulant.

An online game means you will meet people with different values and codes of conduct.

@Fozzie quote:

No-one has a right to kick anyone, you may want to for numerous reasons but right no I don't think so.

I don't kick full stop if I don't like it I leave, as long as I am not the builder as that is just petulant.

An online game means you will meet people with different values and codes of conduct.

Just confirming your points, you mean for ex. you're the builder, someone messes up your match which ends up with you leaving? It does sound valid on an angle of this subject.