Ascension System and Chaos Trials

Can anyone please explain what the point of the new chaos trial system is and why ascension levels now dictate the game? 

I played a lot in beta and got up to NM4 with ilevel 740 gear but got bored as I neared the cap and stopped playing. 

Back when I played there were higher difficulties for every map and you could pick your favourite to play and farm if you wanted. 

Now, there are extreme limits on what maps are available on each difficulty, and the campaign won't go above hard mode. What is the point to this change and why has such a large amount of fun been removed from the game for no reason? 

The new ascension system seems to dictate whether or not you'll get kicked from a game immediately. I'm incredibly comfortable with chaos 3-4 while 5 is challenging and 6 or 7 are impossible. I get kicked from chaos 2 games where I could literally carry everyone because my ascension level is low. 

Is there actually anything good with the new features? 

Right now I'm tempted to just delete the game, write off the few hundred pounds I put into the game as gone and remember never to support any trendy game in the future. Seems like the developers have gone out of their way to cultivate a hostile and elitist community, screw over the people who financially supported them through development and all to remove content rather than add more. 

Anyone else feel this way? Am I missing something? 

I cant speak for getting kicked from public lobbies, maybe try hosting your own publicly and let people join? I just play with a friend or solo (private). 

I also played a good bit when the game was in Alpha however I do enjoy the current system with chaos trials, and the map playlists. Having a playlist of maps means that the map that gets chosen isn't always the same and people have to learn to build and play different maps (however this can be cheated by just leaving and rejoining which kinda defeats that purpose). As well as this the playlist also means people who get further into the chaos levels look forward to seeing some new maps that were not in the campaign. 

And on the note of ascension levels being everything, well they arent? I more so think they can be massively overkill however if you spec correctly early on depending on if you are a builder (defense speed/wall HP & Defense Crit chance) or if you are dps (Hero crit chance etc.) then you should be able to progress upwards at quite a nice rate, it might not be easy, but if the game didn't have some sort of challenge it would be boring. 

TLDR: Ascension is NOT everything, Just spec smartly early on and try solo/ hosting games. 

I don't like it either. iPwr restrictions would be better (as I always say). No idea what they were thinking

I prefer this system more then the beta one to be honest so it's just personal preference.
And yes there are some big problems with this game but Ascension system out of all things is a very positive feature. It keeps you playing longer and it also gives you the feeling that you aren't playing for nothing and wasting your time but you get something out of your time - sure it's not much but at least something. ;)

And yeah people take ascension level as an indicator for "power" although it is't most of the time. I rarely play public but i noticed this "insta kick low-level ascension people"-problem too :s

@Carrylex quote:

I prefer this system more then the beta one to be honest so it's just personal preference.
And yes there are some big problems with this game but Ascension system out of all things is a very positive feature. It keeps you playing longer and it also gives you the feeling that you aren't playing for nothing and wasting your time but you get something out of your time - sure it's not much but at least something. ;)

And yeah people take ascension level as an indicator for "power" although it is't most of the time. I rarely play public but i noticed this "insta kick low-level ascension people"-problem too :s

I also prefer the ascension system but its by no means perfect.. or even great..
Im approaching Ascension 500 and I can tell you now that each point is beginning to feel more and more worthless... I could quite easily clear c7 without any difficulty at around 250 ascension (actually cant remember but it was around 200ish)... so after that point, each point really does feel worthless... the 20 point "buffs" in the ascension tree are great... but the 140 pointers are so pointless...