Sign in to follow this  
seanjeromy

Estimated date for New Content

Has there been any hints on when new content will be released above C7?

With the increased drop rate and double xp, players are running through content faster than ever.

Next month? Quarter 4? 2018? Even an estimated timeframe would be nice...

12th of never?

Honestly, I think the most they have stated is 'Soon'.  So couldn't tell you anything more than that :P

Just confused why they are putting in new ways to blaze through what little content that we have, with no foreseeable next step to use this newly acquired power...

@seanjeromy quote:

Just confused why they are putting in new ways to blaze through what little content that we have, with no foreseeable next step to use this newly acquired power...

Probably because end-game content would be more enjoyable when everything is balanced?

And some people actually more interested in more ways to play, rather than a reason to play.

@enigma007 quote:

@seanjeromy quote:

Probably because end-game content would be more enjoyable when everything is balanced?

And some people actually more interested in more ways to play, rather than a reason to play.

Maybe, but using different vehicles to arrive at the same destination doesn't change the view.

@seanjeromy quote:
@enigma007 quote:

@seanjeromy quote:

Maybe, but using different vehicles to arrive at the same destination doesn't change the view.

You comparing uncomparable things. I want end-game content as much as the next guy, but balanced and diverse gameplay is much more important (and fun).

a mode, or change, where we can play whatever hero we want to play, use whatever towers we want to use, and play any map we want to play, while still being challenging with fun mobs, no blastad Hard-Counters, would make this game famous as can be, id play it like crazy.

@enigma007 quote:

You comparing uncomparable things. I want end-game content as much as the next guy, but balanced and diverse gameplay is much more important (and fun).

My statement was that content is limited and the Devs are creating new and interesting ways to allow the player base to beat the existing contest faster than ever. Balance heroes all you want, if there isn't anything challenging to do with them, what is next?

Diverse: showing a great deal of variety; very different

Diverse gameplay is NOT running the same maps over and over again, no matter which hero/towers you use to do it. Unless they bring back some of the old school motivation to repeat certain maps (Grinding Pets/Special Weapons/Etc) There is literally nothing to do aside from grind ascension.

Once I'd capped out on C7, I was "helping" new players through Chaos levels...until I realized that by doing so, I was speeding them along to the point that I'm at now...logging in less and less

@seanjeromy quote:

@enigma007 quote:

My statement was that content is limited and the Devs are creating new and interesting ways to allow the player base to beat the existing contest faster than ever. Balance heroes all you want, if there isn't anything challenging to do with them, what is next?

Diverse: showing a great deal of variety; very different

Diverse gameplay is NOT running the same maps over and over again, no matter which hero/towers you use to do it. Unless they bring back some of the old school motivation to repeat certain maps (Grinding Pets/Special Weapons/Etc) There is literally nothing to do aside from grind ascension.

Once I'd capped out on C7, I was "helping" new players through Chaos levels...until I realized that by doing so, I was speeding them along to the point that I'm at now...logging in less and less

Well, that's how rpg system works in most games. Once you hit a certain point, there's no reason (power-wise) to stay. Diablo 3 tried to change that with their weird rifts and paragon levels, but essentially it didn't worked quite well. Most of the people who stayed to farm them for a long time, were the guys who already played D3 on a daily basis anyway. DD2 on the other has a relatively fast and easy progression system. Most players were done with C7 the day it was released. But some of those players still playing the game (occasionally or regularly) for different reasons (ascension/gear/shards farm, experimenting with builds, helping out players, etc). If you don't have a reason to play right now, then don't play it right now. It's that simple. End-game update will come out eventually.

P.S. "More maps" won't diverse gameplay as much, as new heroes/towers or balance changes to current ones can do.

@enigma007 quote:

@seanjeromy quote:
@enigma007 quote:

@seanjeromy quote:

New maps and enemies that change how you play current classes, or force you to develop new strategies is far more interesting and exciting than 10 gigs worth of balancing. 

If we had more incursions with unique mechanics already, I'd be more inclined to agree with your sentiment, as new balances would change old content. But where the same maps, again and again, with higher leveled enemies is the name of the game, new content is a must. 

When you finally roll around to getting that endgame gear, if you look forward to an X% damage increase to a trap, rather than a Chaos 8, new boss or enemy type that challenges your high tier C7 gear, then, well... you're a very different player from me. 

Also, I like how the other guy mentioned new content not being as diversifying for the game as a new hero. That's new content, buddy, lol. 

I'd expect next gender swap hero this month

Survival the month after, which will be awesome with the monthly leaderboards

Patches with the mutators somewhere in between

With the challenges to come out around Christmas

To break up the monotony of "soon", how about "eventually"?  There's a lot of cool stuff that we want to get out to you guys, but we have to make sure that it's in the best anticipated working order before doing so.