Sign in to follow this  
Faysumi

Anyone else have this connection issue?

@Fozzie quote:

The dev guys should look at those logs, it looks a bit weird to me, and the steps are different to mine, which works.

The process should be exactly the same irrespective of who clicks the buttons.

A theory I have, as a few people are having this issue, is that Trendy have changed the matchmaking in some way and maybe your patching has not gone through 100%.

As you have a nice big pipe (download I am meaning) could you delete the local files, delete the Dungeon Defenders 2 directory, clear your Steam download cache and reinstall the game afresh and see if your connection issues remain.

I have this EXACT same problem, so I tried Fozzie's suggestion.  5 hours later, the game is finally reinstalled fresh and...no changes whatsoever.  Still exactly the same matchmaking issues.  And I still have to completely close down the game (logging out to the main screen doesn't even work), then wait for Steam to realize the game has stopped, then restart the game to be able to go to the next map if I'm in a group with even just one other person.

Hi! Same song here since maybe a week ago with server connection issues, error 2003 : Too many matchmaking at them moment blablabla, server connection lost at the end of the one and only map that i can play before being unable to come back to private tavern or town. I haven't noticed any update in the last days but everything was working just fine before... I guess many people have this issues too but are not posting in forum. I hope the next update will fix this cause i have a real bad feeling atm while i was enjoying the game so much before... 

Okay, gotta give props to the Trendy team. Whilst joining and leaving a game is still a hassle, the new continue function completely removes the issue of repeated plays since you don't need to join a new session each time, I even got my first bonus shard earlier. Quite a nice 'we couldn't figure it out so we made a temporary workaround'.
Granted there's still the bug with pressing G and the end of game menu not coming up that needs sorting. The game has to be closed entirely when this occurs (due to the timer counting down, but bringing up the topic's errors so you can never close the match) and humorously happened immediately after I got said first bonus shard.

All in all, it's a lot better but still needs improving. Good job so far.

Still happening, trendy.

I'm open to try any fix and provide any logs you might want. I have a symmetrical connection of 300/300Mb, and all other online games work fine. My computer shouldn't be an issue for the game, and I can open ports and whatever if I need to, so if you want me to try anything, ask.

Pics of problem: https://imgur.com/a/TXKRb

I'd like to point out it's a fresh install of DD2, checked file integrity via steam, changed the regions and it still happens. The closest one is Europe (since I'm from Spain).

When trying to create a private game, this is what I get: https://imgur.com/a/yl6WG

There's a lot that could be at work here. Try putting in a ticket with our Community Support. Submitting any screenshots with it, a dxdiag, and any steps will make the road to fixing the issue that much easier :).

me too I just wanna be able to play with my friend again with no matchmaking problems I play one game with him and then have to restart the game and if i'm lucky I can join again

Still happening, sent the report, got no answer from Trendy. It's my 4th ticket sent to the support page, and well over a dozen on the bug reporting site.

It's an issue we've had with a handful of users, and are trying to determine what's causing it and what the fix is. CS waits to hear back from us to give a response in some cases, and this is most likely one of those cases. Being a game that is international and multi-platform makes it hard to track down specific issues. You may have not received a response, but I assure you, this connection error is something we're looking into (something that I was in a discussion personally about this morning).

That is great and all, but I didn't see anything "official" from Trendy's side, and that's been going for well over two years already (almost three). It's only gotten worse with time, to the point it's been 6 months I've last been able to even join a game, and I believe I'm not the only one that's been having that happen to this extreme.

Over the well over 20 different networks I tried, only 3 worked well, which is a fairly low ammount, if you ask me. I don't want to be a jerk, but your response isn't very helpful, to be honest.

@Nefhith quote:

Over the well over 20 different networks I tried, only 3 worked well, which is a fairly low ammount, if you ask me. 

20 networks, same machine with the game installed?

4 computers. A tower I tried on 3 networks, and another which is my personal one. The other two computers were laptops, and tried in several networks with both of them (in three different operating systems and even virtual machines because reasons). The machine made no difference, only the network.

I tried looking anything in common between these networks (since they were from three different companies from here), but nothing logical or consistent. I could have provider X in location Y work and then provider X in location Z not work. Tried opening ports, using a vpn, changing the router and modem...

Coincidentally two of the networks that work well are my classroom's and the one at work. Different companies, same computer (my laptop) and tried with other people's computers; they work perfectly.