Sign in to follow this  
DRAGONSLYR711

Eggs

So I was talking to a few players and we were thinking of ideas on how to gain Huge eggs etc. My proposition is that eggs have a small chance of dropping after defeating any mob displaying a similar message as the "You found a fish save the moonbase to collect your reward" but instead saying "You found an egg finish this round to collect your reward" then at the end of the round the egg gets added to your item box. It would be a cool way to make the easter costume available to newer players. 

They should have a separate end game map to get eggs in. Like have an Easter themed map that has a huge bunny boss and the reward could be the eggs.

Or have an easter event like in the past during the month of April, or even just the first week of April.

@SupahMo quote:

Or have an easter event like in the past during the month of April, or even just the first week of April.

Which would require updating/patching the game, twice -- one to start the event, and one to end the event.
That is not feasible given that CDT handles these updates -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/139291/?scrollTo=1243515&page=2
A quote from that post, by Ice, official Trendy Staff: 

[...] I'm sure people would love to plan for it to be available again for next Easter however since CDT patches take a while to get out and updated the next Easter update would last months and months and then the rare factor will be gone at that point. Probably wish to avoid that.

Therefore the only 2 feasible options to have Eggs re-appear are -- 
1.) As suggested by Ice, and I'm paraphrasing him -- "Give eggs a rare chance to appear globally on certain maps [...]"
2a.) What I've been suggesting -- Leave the eggs untouched, but make the Bunny costume be available to players after completing some achievement, or set of achievements -- As an example -- getting Ultimate Defender + The Greater Turkey Hunter should grant you the costume. And Ultimate Defender in itself is a fairly hard/grindy achievement top it off with GTH2 achievement that probably makes getting the costume harder than getting the Tavernkeep Impostor costume.
2b.) TL;DR for Point#2a -- Tie the unlocking bunny costume to an achievement or set of achievements. And have it unlock retrospectively for people who have both but do not have the costume.

Any map based egg drop can be clubbed in Point #1 above.
Most people are after the eggs so they can unlock the costume. And this discussion pops up literally every other month. I don't even know that despite overwhelming demand for having the costume unlocked, why the CDT is staying mum on this issue? And the only response so far has been -- "we've thought about it".
Maybe some of the CDT members have hoarded eggs and might lose a lot of currency, so they're not going through with this change?! :P (<- was on a lighter note don't take it seriously!)

Either way, I've been saying this since long -- I don't care about eggs, the costume however should be made permanently available for players to unlock in whatever way the community feels is sensible.

@Black Mamba quote:Most people are after the eggs so they can unlock the costume. And this discussion pops up literally every other month. I don't even know that despite overwhelming demand for having the costume unlocked, why the CDT is staying mum on this issue? And the only response so far has been -- "we've thought about it".
I think the current plan is to make the bunny costume available to all in Update 4, but at this point we're still not sure where specifically it should be added, or in what manner.  I know we've already had the egg discussion before, but I'm happy to see it again, so thanks for posting :)

@Plane quote:

[...] we're still not sure where specifically it should be added, or in what manner [...]

Well, you can always make a survey thread like in the case of Temple of Water survival pets.
Whatever option gets picked up by people should be the way costume will be unlocked -- be it via farming eggs on a specific(or set of specific maps). Or by doing X, Y or X+Y achievements.

The easiest option would be have a %age chance for eggs to drop instead of pets as end of map rewards on campaign maps which reward pets currently. The %age chance should drop significantly (perhaps to 0) if you have the costume unlocked. For bonus marks, the %age chance could be hugely increased if the local system time suggests it's late March/early April.

Also increase the vendoring price (by 2-3 orders of magnitude) for large, huge + humongous eggs to encourage people to sell them off, removing them for the game.

Oh no, not this again!

Bunny Costume Event was planned to be made available every year but the Developers couldn't go through with it(coz DD2?) -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/139291/?scrollTo=1243515&page=2

Hence, it needs to be made available again coz the Bunny Costume literally comes with the game you purchase. Not allowing people to have access content that they paid for is not cool and isn't the same as not-rerunning old "volunteered community" events. BIIIIIIIIIIIG difference.

Great idea but from what I can tell, that would be a tough task to accomplish by next easter.

@John. quote:

They should have a separate end game map to get eggs in. Like have an Easter themed map that has a huge bunny boss and the reward could be the eggs.