Sign in to follow this  
Nox319

Crash issues that apparently can't be resolved

ive reported issues of my game crashing randomly before without really any explanation or reply even when posting directly to the bug reporting/tech issues website explaining the issue. The issue being my game crashing randomly during gameplay with no real reason to the crash that i can conclude. it saying that its related to the Dinput8.Dll file, though ive reported all of these details to the tech/bug reporting page giving them a full dxdiag file with all the specs im starting to think support for this game is only for people that know the devs personally since over a month without a single response but to merge my reports into one and then nothing i really can't fathom whats going on since you would figure i would have at least a reply asking me to at least give some other type of information required to help aid in resolving the issue, but that seems to be far from what happens with the requests that i send in since they basically just get closed and then nothing comes of even reporting the issues that I'm having so i honestly don't even know if support is a thing anymore, Since i feel i have been more than patient for at least some type of feedback or resolution to an issue that I've given a solid amount of information on. and Even on the lowest possible settings my game still experiences these type of crashes and a mixture of major fps issues.

Further elaboration as to how or what i can do to provide further information to get this issue resolved would be much appreciated.

My specs

Windows 7 (6.1, build 7601)

Gpu NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Cpu i3-2100 dual core, ~3.1GHz

Ram 8g

Link to Crash Image at the moment it crashes.

https://prnt.sc/g46282

Link to crash log that appears when the game stops responding.

https://prnt.sc/g4615k

Link to Tech/Bug Reporting Post with all information with my previous crash MDMP Files listed and Screenshots of my crash reports

https://trendyent.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/22895

What's your version numbers for dinput8.dll in syswow64 and system32?

Do you have it anywhere else on your system drive in the Path, signified by your Path environment variable.

My version of Dinput8.dll is the same in system32/syswow64 being 6.1.7600.16385 and then its in 3 other locations, 2 being in the winsxs directory and one being in another game in the same steam directory and they are the same version aswell, so i don't know how it would change on a different path but the default one and really what that would mean specifically for my DD2 game.

I would rename both those versions in the system and syswow64 directories then run the DXSetup from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010

May as well run the Visual C++ installs too whilst your are there.

Then restart your PC and once back in give it a test.

wouldn't renaming files in the system32/syswow64 cause irreparable damage or cause instability for my system, and then what would i even rename the files ?, and at the same time i don't know how to bypass not being able to rename my dll files even with administrator being active.

It seems the new Windows OS don't let you do much these days. All you can do is run the setup and see if it chooses to replace those old files with newer ones. Your version seems very old compared to my PCs.