Sign in to follow this  
jpubbly

Multiple Siege Rollers (while playing solo)

Am I suppose to be getting multiple siege rollers in a single wave while playing solo? It is a little frustrating to lose to 2 siege rollers while trying to progress through the chaos tiers. I thought I read that solo players would never get more than 1 siege roller at a time. I can't find that post again.... so I might have imagined it.

I thought there was only supposed to be only one at a time when playing solo but that's not the case.  As others have said, it doesn't happen often, and will sometimes cost you a game but that's no big deal.  My worst run with rollers was three at once.

I think my version hates me. I am constantly getting double siege rollers and that is the only time i sweat. because i cant always keep my walls up and since towers do jack squat to them its all on me.

@PandynatorDD quote:

Look at the spawners and adjust to it. 

Sell some defenses and put a a barricade or two extra on the lanes.

This doesn't always work. Multiple times I have looked at the spawners and it says ogre and it actually ends up being a roller.

use a pet with Gato fireworks on a monk. gear the monk with HD/HCD/HH gear and one shot them :)

Use sundering shard if you have it.

wait 30s and one shot the next one :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess I need to gear out a monk. I have been relying on the Abyss Lord to keep assassins off of me.... But he sucks at killing siege rollers.

@jpubbly quote:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess I need to gear out a monk. I have been relying on the Abyss Lord to keep assassins off of me.... But he sucks at killing siege rollers.

if you are serious about making a monk, you need to get yourself a 5 spread (5shot) staff with a 4s attackspeed. You basically self buff with you 3 ability and just use ranged attacks. But yes when you pet is available you just self buff and use its nuke on the roller.

I 1 shot all rollers in solo C7 and in public 4 player I simply pre cast dragolitch, switch to monk and again 1 shot with pet. 

I plan on making several characters when I get into chaos 7. I'm just starting to win chaos 6 maps at the moment. I have been upgrading gear so fast that I have only focused on one character. I hate having to build defenses just to stun assassins off of me... so I chose the Abyss Lord as a dps. I just can't handle multiple siege rollers with him.

@Chappyy quote:
@PandynatorDD quote:

Look at the spawners and adjust to it. 

Sell some defenses and put a a barricade or two extra on the lanes.

This doesn't always work. Multiple times I have looked at the spawners and it says ogre and it actually ends up being a roller.

Then you should report the bug.

I have already reported a similar and multiple issues/bugs regarding the boss spawn UI. It has been under review for a month..iamisom

@jpubbly quote:

Am I suppose to be getting multiple siege rollers in a single wave while playing solo? It is a little frustrating to lose to 2 siege rollers while trying to progress through the chaos tiers. I thought I read that solo players would never get more than 1 siege roller at a time. I can't find that post again.... so I might have imagined it.

I build a projectile tower not near the isle but is pointing back at your wall.  Hence the mobs doesn't hit it.

I build only the lanes that has potential of having a seige.  It's my afk build.