Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Player Retention - Quick bullet points

Geode - Change Geode shield to absorb instead of reflect

Cybork\Kobolt - reduce stun time by a third

C5 - drop the number of Assassins by a third.

Dryad Tree - allow 2 Dryad defences per tree outside of tree radius

Lavamancer - allow molten power to accrue over time

Gunwitch - as she has no towers how about a couple more ascension sinks, Book drop damage multiplier or give broom vault a decoy like EV2 death from above.

Ascension - Reduce exp requirement up to level 100, to allow faster leveling

Loot - increase good loot drops in C1 and C2 to get new defenders started faster

Give us an ETA on the next game mode, or at least a taster

Give us an ETA on the next hero or a taster

Any upcoming events for special drops, shard packs or pets.

@Fozzie quote:

Gunwitch - as she has no towers how about a couple more ascension sinks, Book drop damage multiplier or give broom vault a decoy like EV2 death from above.

Loot - increase good loot drops in C1 and C2 to get new defenders started faster

^All of this, and then a lot more. Bringing players back should be a priority over reducing DU on blaze balloons. I don't know how many other people are roaming the forums stuck in purgatory, eagerly waiting for a reason to play DD2 again, but that's where i'm at. :(

generally i dislike nerfs, but I cant argue with any of the points you made. 

Regarding a couple of them:

Assassins in C5 are a big change, I loved the challenge back when I was doing it.. but many cant handle it and assassins actually get easier in C6/7. I think this is backwards, and assassins should not be more of a threat in C5 then 6/7 so probably just a nerf is the easiest solution.

I think goedes should zorb just to reduce annoying RNG (though does increased core health solve this issue?)

EMP kobolds stun is long, less of a problem with cyborks though.

edit:

being able to pick your own map would also bring me back a lot faster as would a larger map pool, but I guess those are long term goals anyway. I just want to be able to play something different basically.

Picking the map I want to play would help bring me back. I don't even log on for dailies anymore. Top reasons are the fact that the shard drop is tainted by incorrect drops and the fact that I can't pick the map I want to play. I will keep checking because like Fozzie said Hearing something about the patch before hand would keep me excited. Not hearing anything until the day of release turns me away. 

@Chappyy quote:

Picking the map I want to play would help bring me back. I don't even log on for dailies anymore. Top reasons are the fact that the shard drop is tainted by incorrect drops and the fact that I can't pick the map I want to play. I will keep checking because like Fozzie said Hearing something about the patch before hand would keep me excited. Not hearing anything until the day of release turns me away. 

^Same. I will login when there is a new patch with some end game content. I don't even have the will to keep grinding C7 gear, although i can easily clear C7, i am not at top tier C7 gear because i am already at the end of the tunnel with no other content in sight. 

Biggest thing I miss, in relation to DD1, was the ability to run ANY map at ANY level to farm for the RNG of that map's specific drop.

Some hated it, I liked it.  Running warping core over and over to try and get the best Crystal Tracker.  Blasticus (sp?) runs, Morrago to get a badass occulus.  List goes on.

Yep! Farming those unique items with the ever elusive chance of getting one with amazing upgrade levels was why i loved DD1 so much. 

Totally disagree on suggested changes.

I haven't been hooked so much since World of Warcraft Vanilla and TBC times. And the best times were gone when this happened: too many people wanted the game more casual, and those nerf times continue to this day.

My 2 cents:

1) The pace through all Chaos tiers is at decent speed.

2) All the obstacles, troubles with Geoede, Cyborks and Assasins were crucial at start, but while gaining more skill and better equipment the progress was visible and fun to make.

3) Each first completion of every chaos tier - a dopamine bomb! :)

4) The xp pace with Ascension is okay. Although i couldn't join any multiplayer Chaos Trials due to inflated Ascension requirements (when i was beating C4 at 20 Ascension butthey wanted 80, at C5 they wanted 150, now I'm doing C6 solo with 120 Ascension, but they ask for 200+) but it's a community problem, not the leveling itself

5) Loot is just fine, i have family, I have a job, but still that 3-4 trials every evening is bringing me to a point where I could start some tries on C7, no need to rush further to hit the C7 100% progress wall

The only thing i would mention is the boss discrepancy: Siege Roller seems to be somewhat the greatest threat of all. Instead of nerfing it, I would suggest making other bosses unique in strenght - as someone suggested here on forums:
https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/142113/trendy-please-siege-roll-the-rest-of-the-bosses-make-dd-great-again?page=1#1258495

@Vigerus quote:

I haven't been hooked so much since World of Warcraft Vanilla and TBC times. And the best times were gone when this happened: too many people wanted the game more casual, and those nerf times continue to this day.

I'll never understand this Mandela Effect of so many people thinking the original WoW ever had any degree of substance in it. It was a super casual watered down MMO experience from day 1, it didn't become that way. It was only popular because everyone's friends played it. And everyone's friends played it only because their friends played it. Blizzard had a fantastic marketing campaign behind a very mediocre game and everyone has these false memories of what it was like back then.

@Fozzie quote:

Why not make it like DD1's monk auras, where you could press + or - to adjust the radius, except the more radius, the less health?

Edit: yo 888th post. Trendy celebrate it by doing it.

In my massive DD2 wishlist, number one is bring back upgrade levels exceeding 60  followed closely by a pet revamp with more upgrade levels and usefulness. :)

@Hellscythe quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Vigerus quote:
snip

snip

WoW wasn't by any means "hard", it was grindy and that's it, the current endgame is way harder

It depends on the level of WoW play you are talking about. Playing brand new top tier difficulty content that has never been cleared before with a group of 19-24 individuals that must all perfectly perform in sync, not stand in fire for 1s or die while still performing top tier DPS/heals, then yes, i would say it was pretty hard. Getting to level 110? Not so hard.

You're mentioning leveling when I clearly stated current endgame to avoid that confusion. And yes, endgame does mean the latest available content, like high lvl m+ and mythic raiding.

Here is my ideas:

• More defender medals in higher chaos tiers
I think that the player should be awarded with more medals after beating a C7 map. What's the point of farming higher levels if you only want medals when C1 is much faster and gives you the same ammount of medals?
  • Bring back the Blacksmith and the Relic Hunter
They were a huge help back in C1-C2, but after that they were useless.
  • Buff Orbs
Maybe make it so they can break the speed cap (with a limit), they are useless now. I'd like to see some defenses shooting like crazy at the cost of some other stats. I know that you dont want it to be like DD1, but right now we have an entirelly useless Relic for some people.
  • Less emeies per wave, buff their HP and remove Goblins from Chaos 3 on
Goblins are useless. They die before reaching the walls even if you are new to a specific Chaos tier. I think lowering the mob count and raising the stats of enemies would make the game more interesting. Maybe 250 enemies per wave instead of 500 (random numbers) but with more stats would incourage people to use single-target high-damaging towers to clear a lane and AOE traps as a support, instead of spamming AOE traps on every lane and call it good.
  • Faster level ups for Pets
I don't mind it too much now, but pets will be buffed sooner or later (i hope) and right now i feel like it takes too long to evolve a pet. I don't want to sit and wait for a pet to level up once every 10 games.
  • More Heroes uniqueness
Some sort of skill tree maybe? Because right now there are only 2 ways of building a Hero: AP or Left Click spam, I'd like to see some sort of unlockable skills that maybe change the way an ability works, instead of having 200 Hero specific shards that you won't probably ever use since shard slots are so limited. For Example the Mystic can unlock the ability to self-heal with her third skill when she kills an enemy, or The Huntress can Oil Enemies with her first skill. Right now we have some shards that are almost a must have for certian builds, like Hero Critical Strike, Beacon Of The Storm or Charged Shot for raw damage builds, and the same goes for relics: Deadly Strikes, Defense Rate, Defense Critical Damage, Power Transfer... These Shards are almost a must have for defenses, and with the few Shard Slots we have we can't really use Defenses-Specific or Hero-Specific shards like Manufacture Overcharge or Blazing Phoenix.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Vigerus quote:

I'll never understand this Mandela Effect of so many people thinking the original WoW ever had any degree of substance in it. It was a super casual watered down MMO experience from day 1, it didn't become that way. It was only popular because everyone's friends played it. And everyone's friends played it only because their friends played it. Blizzard had a fantastic marketing campaign behind a very mediocre game and everyone has these false memories of what it was like back then.

Indeed, playerbase is a perfect joy multiplier, but these are not false memories as i keep playing on Twinstar,cz. Although the UI, spell rotation and basically most of specializations are crap, but my point was just that progression aspect - the progression steps were sharp, maybe at times very grindy, but the feeling that the next step/tier with your current situation/gear would beat the crap out of you, and as soon as you reach it there will be another, I just love it.

I basically love having that (currently unreachable) goal ahead, that i could reach through sweat&blood&tears. And that's how i feel playing DD2 these days. Especially when i was trying to beat the C4 content with C2 gear. Every stat matters, every mistake less matters. On one side I was having some progress in C4, on the other hand I was gearing up in C3. Then the first C5 drop came out of 2/5 wave boss. It was really rewarding :)

And i know, as someone's already said above, that this might end as soon as I hit the C7 wall, and I'm just expressing my feeling that nerfing anything won't cause more dopamine generation, because It follows the same rule as the currency - the more you print the less value it will have.

I would also like to suggest a return of a hardcore mode, where crystals do not heal and we have a limited time to build

Pet reworks with more unique abilities, having distinct trees and make them have a greater impact in game rather than a 30s cooldown attack ability.

Better rewards for multiplayer games

Ability to grind incursions like DD1 challenges, to get the drop we are trying rather than complete it once then buy it with currency

Faster and easier swap between heroes during building phase

Have a system that once you unlock a shard, you are able to purchase it with an amount of medals or gems.

@specialK quote:

I would also like to suggest a return of a hardcore mode, where crystals do not heal and we have a limited time to build

Pet reworks with more unique abilities, having distinct trees and make them have a greater impact in game rather than a 30s cooldown attack ability.

Better rewards for multiplayer games

Ability to grind incursions like DD1 challenges, to get the drop we are trying rather than complete it once then buy it with currency

Faster and easier swap between heroes during building phase

Have a system that once you unlock a shard, you are able to purchase it with an amount of medals or gems.

Challenges - Hell yeah.

Better rewards - Please.

Pet rework - Make this happen or remove pets, don't leave it where its currently at. Distinct trees sounds a lot of fun for heroes and pets alike. 

@Vigerus quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Vigerus quote:

Indeed, playerbase is a perfect joy multiplier, but these are not false memories as i keep playing on Twinstar,cz. Although the UI, spell rotation and basically most of specializations are crap, but my point was just that progression aspect - the progression steps were sharp, maybe at times very grindy, but the feeling that the next step/tier with your current situation/gear would beat the crap out of you, and as soon as you reach it there will be another, I just love it.

I basically love having that (currently unreachable) goal ahead, that i could reach through sweat&blood&tears. And that's how i feel playing DD2 these days. Especially when i was trying to beat the C4 content with C2 gear. Every stat matters, every mistake less matters. On one side I was having some progress in C4, on the other hand I was gearing up in C3. Then the first C5 drop came out of 2/5 wave boss. It was really rewarding :)

And i know, as someone's already said above, that this might end as soon as I hit the C7 wall, and I'm just expressing my feeling that nerfing anything won't cause more dopamine generation, because It follows the same rule as the currency - the more you print the less value it will have.

I meant just the opposite, sir. C7 is the opposite of what you would expect. You expect the final conquest, end result to all of your grinding...and you get a one shot, two shot at most with adjustments for more flying kobolds. 

@Fozzie quote:

I don't think any amount of reducing the stun on cyborks will fix their problematic nature. If they personally were immune to the traps/auras, or slowed their attack speed rather than entirely disabling them... maybe... But because they will just reapply the stun as soon as it's done, we could reduce the stun to 3 seconds and they will still ruin traps/auras without cheesing their range, making them continue their existence as a nuisance rather than a challenge.

Kobolts... idk if I'd really want them to stun less. Tbh, I'd rather them stun LONGER, and just deal less damage. When I first got into C7 (and in some maps where their absurd range still causes problems...) I was always more concerned with their damage than their stun, which really just made them feel like a regular flying kobold in a ground lane to me. Would rather not make them any more similar personally.

As far as reducing assassin count... I feel it might be nice to the players that struggle, and I'm not against it... But ultimately, I feel it's just a band-aid for the assassin issue. Because of their nature, there are a lot of us that have passed the threshold that makes the assassins something we just ignore. Reducing the assassins in C5 just increases the percentage of people beyond that threshold, without really fixing the issue with it existing to begin with.

Beyond that... I can stand behind the recommended changes. Especially the geode one.

I don't think anything needs to be made easier except C5 assassins and progression needs to be made completely transparent.  None of this bull shizer with spreadsheets and mules.  

Majority of comments here are from bored C7 players.  I'm pretty close to that myself.  For them, we need more content.  Another 3 chaos levels, endless mode, more reasons to farm, make pets interesting and desirable again, etc, etc

@specialK quote:

nooopeee nope nope noep npeo pneo npoe exclamation point squared. I hate being rushed, I have a wife and daughter I do not need it in game too! I will be finished when I am GOD DAMN READY!! YES i WILL TAKE THE BINS OUT!! sorry that was less about DD2 and more about taking the bins out.

other then that, the other points you raised i agreed with :)

@specialK quote:Ability to grind incursions like DD1 challenges, to get the drop we are trying rather than complete it once then buy it with currency

Somewhat confused by your suggestions because on one hand you want to stop the grind for shards by making them purchasable, but do the opposite for incursion weapons.

My suggestions relate to some things that have been said (more for stopping endgame boredom):

-Really like the hardcore idea (limited build time, no core healing, higher enemy damage, better/exclusive rewards).

-Orb rework - Make these the only way to bypass a defense speed cap, making them useful again.

-Make a progressing endgame tier that is somewhat random, but scales to the last tier of the game.  For example, a random Chaos 7 match could use Chaos 4 spawn groups but swap out the regular flying kobolds for the emp kobolds.

As far as other Chaos tiers, I actually enjoyed the challenge of having to build to the enemies and changing up what defenses I used, which is why I would welcome something like that at endgame.  Make a reason to check the Lane notices other than boss spawns.

@Zimmermann quote:

@specialK quote:

nooopeee nope nope noep npeo pneo npoe exclamation point squared. I hate being rushed, I have a wife and daughter I do not need it in game too! I will be finished when I am GOD DAMN READY!! YES i WILL TAKE THE BINS OUT!! sorry that was less about DD2 and more about taking the bins out.

other then that, the other points you raised i agreed with :)

Everything here times 2. I hate those !@#$%^& bins.