Sign in to follow this  
LineDrill

Lavamancer Needs Rework

Currently Lavamancer is the least played hero and noone is happy about what lavamancer currently is.His mana recovery system is out of date, before the trials lavamancer can put 2 fissures for free , now he can put each fissures for 30 du means you have to build towers if you want to use lavamancer.This cause some serious issues.You can't take other player's fissure orb and usually one player builds all the tower in map.

I have some ideas for lavamancer gains molten power;

He suppose to be powerful melee figther right , i think he should gain molten power with aggressive melee playstyle.Lavamancer should have base 2 molten power regen and each enemy burned nearby (only by himself within 2000 range) makes him fired up and incease his molten regen up to 20 molten power each second.This way lavamancer is more fun to play.

This makes one major problem.If lavamancer regens his molten power similar to this way fissure loses his cause and noone uses them anymore.I have a second idea for this problem.

I think it's time to make fissure of embermount a retirement use different defense instead of fissures.Currently fissure is flame aura who can't hit air.

Lavamancer is all about earth and fire damage (earth+fire=lava) and new defense should use this two damage type.

Meet the Ashes of Embermount

This 40 DU tower fires ash cloud (similar to volcanoes did).In this ash cloud small rock deals damage enemies like how shotgun work.(medium range ,aoe ,non pierce , shrapnel projectile).

This tower deals crushing earth damage as its base attack.When lavamancer uses inflame ashes heated up and this tower start to deal fire damage.When lavamancer hardens this tower deals crushing earth damage again.(Similar how dryad defences works.)

This makes another problem.If there is more than one lavamancer dps in the match this system might be wrong.Simplest solution for that is this element type change only works with which lavamancer build this tower.If builder lavamancer player dont use lavamancer as dps anymore this tower should stay his element type even other lavamancer uses harden/inflame.)

This tower have differnt interaction with enemies who petrified by maw of the earth drake.In fire form this tower deal bonus damage to them.While in earth form this tower shatters enemy who petrified (similar to earth shatter/freeze combo)

This is how volcanic ash looks like in real life.

cwAadFf.jpg

I don't know how much coding and time to make this kind a change for lavamancer.I think everyone agree with me about lavamancer needs to change.

I do agree lavamancer needs a rework his towers are high DU for little effect of Why. Maw was nerfed previously and is very slow and takes up 60DU..... not worth it. did the lower volcano like they did mystic obilisk recently if not same principal. I am sure he will get his time to shine. just give them time. Now they are playing with 3 platforms which slow down patches and content due to constraints by sony and microsoft. Trying to keep it lvl takes a bit.

@Fozzie quote:

He should gain molten power over time and Channel and power of storms should function for him.

I wouldn't want him to work like standard blue mana. Every hero is getting its own unique mana pool. Trendy has even mentioned redoing the mana resource for each of the original 4 heroes.

He could certainly do with an adjustment to at least one tower, and also increase the power of his volcano (which seems extremely sub par right now).  As for his own abilities I think he's ok because I like using him as a tank personally (armor is all HD, HCD, Health) and this has been extremely effective.  Especially given his ability to armor up/taunt or go into a DPS type mode.  Depending on the situation it works quite well.  His towers need to be adjusted though.

i agree, lavamancer does need some love cause he is just near useless in chaos and the current game.

@Fozzie quote:

He should gain molten power over time and Channel and power of storms should function for him.

I agree, but if they did this with lava they would have to do it with dryad too. If they did that my dryad tank would be OP like more so than she already is......

@mordyo quote:

@Fozzie quote:

I agree, but if they did this with lava they would have to do it with dryad too. If they did that my dryad tank would be OP like more so than she already is......

Only thing dryad needs for star power regen is make her star power refill when raund starts like other heroes.I don't like to wait for 20 seconds before the raund starts to gain stacks.