double XP weekend was great!

Got me back into the game, and managed to grind about 45-50 levels despite IRL commitments that gave me very little actual game time.

I would love to see more weekend bonuses, and maybe some more fun concepts, like a change to the last wave, maybe just ogres for example. Maybe a specific map with some funky mods (I am thinking Diablo 2 style cow levels) though these concepts would be more work then just doubling gold/xp/medals, i think they would pay off once the "double concept" gets old. Only metrics will answer that though.

Some other weekend mods that would be easier then changing monster scheduling etc could be:

• All bosses drop legendaries or specific bosses like rollers.
  • All chests are legendary
  • Maps drop gambling tickets (carnival wheel to gamble - accessory keys, medals, XP, gold, chance at a rare egg)
  • Pet boxes drop from all bosses and pets gain one level per wave in chaos.

We have long been promised that the Carnival will return - probably for Halloween, I guess?  But installing the carnival's wheel before then, and having the wheel's tickets dropping in-game for a weekend event, does sound like a fun idea.

@Custer 1 quote:

We have long been promised that the Carnival will return - probably for Halloween, I guess?  But installing the carnival's wheel before then, and having the wheel's tickets dropping in-game for a weekend event, does sound like a fun idea.

just to be clear, the carnival in its old form was really bad, it just made people farm gear via farming gold then spinning the wheel.

I think 2 things would need to happen, 1 no gear from the wheel, 2 no gold/medals can be spent on the wheel.

If it was just tickets dropped for a weekend and you had a chance at some rare pet, maybe some other fun goodies like i mentioned it would be ok. But again, it would require tickets from chaos only, and tickets would need to drop more frequently on later chaos modes. This would also mean the ascension gating would need to be fixed first. Alternatively you could simply have different tickets dropping from different chaos teirs, so no one feels forced to afk farm chaos 1 all weekend rather then their prefered mode.

I've still got some face-mask type disguises and other weird stuff from the wheel in my inventory - fireworks, and a popcorn machine?  The wheel should only work from the standard tickets which dropped in-game, and I don't think we need actual high-level gear there.  Some of the better-than-regular pet eggs maybe, or the pet affection boosters.

The Carnival itself was mainly about the special amusement park style map, with buyable tickets that meant the boss at the end dropped goodies appropriate to the chaos/nightmare level chosen.

Lets make events with positive and negative twists then!

I.e. All helmets dropping will be legendary, but all enemies will have huge heads!

@Mighty Mango quote:

I want all incursion to scale up to c7, i wanna play incursion and not worry about getting bad gears

Incursions never really seem to drop gear anyways.  I think they are a once and done thing, or at least with the current design they are.

@Mighty Mango quote:

I want all incursion to scale up to c7, i wanna play incursion and not worry about getting bad gears

Trendy made a design decision that incursions are not meant to be fun to play. They are meant to be a one-and-done weapon unlock.

Was neat, despite being promised and looking forward to a double gold event faaar more. 

It was certainly nice for character respecs.