So that's it for the game? Yeah they could add endless mode etc.. but is this game going to be base on just shards? Farm C1 shards on to the next chaos and so on.. the progression is still slow, most of the time i get the same shards, and the game disconnects me while im at wave 3/5 or 4/5. Please Trendy can you bring back most what DD1 had like the pets, the cool weapons, the cool bosses that had meaning, GEAR DROPPING from all monsters not just the bosses,  SHOWING OFF your trophies.. the list goes on. DD1 has a special place in my heart but this game well no.

Onslaught is coming; however, Onslaught is not end game mode.  They hinted at end game mode on their last dev stream and we still not very very little about it.

There are still things to come!

As for your disconnect issues can you send a DXDIAG, Speedtest, summary of your issues, including any AV you have running in a support ticket?  If not on PC send your console you're playing on.

Even when they bring back onslaught, there won't be anything additional to farm, at this rate. Its a grindy game about farming that currently has nothing to farm. Would have been great if they kept what made Dungeon Defenders amazing in the first place and built on that for DD2. 

@Derek564 quote:

Even when they bring back onslaught, there won't be anything additional to farm, at this rate. Its a grindy game about farming that currently has nothing to farm. Would have been great if they kept what made Dungeon Defenders amazing in the first place and built on that for DD2. 

DD1 didn't begin with all the modes and farming and challenges it now has.  It took several DLCs and many many updates.  

Let's be fair and realistic. ;-)

@JJunior12 quote:

the cool weapons

@JJunior12 quote:

the cool weapons

@JJunior12 quote:

the cool weapons

pretty much this :-)

I see the majority of DD2's weapons as generic fantasy game weapons. Well designed but still generic.

DD1 had crazy weird stuff. From lightsabers over ridiculously huge monk poles to chicken shooters, high fives and machine guns.

DD1 made me keep weak weapons on harder maps just because I did not want to part from such a cool thing. 

Oh yes... pets gave me a similar impression Not as strong as weapons but still... DD2 pets feel like that random fashion-pet you can purchase in any mmo-fantasy-game. Plus a skill.

@Dreizehn quote:

@JJunior12 quote:

the cool weapons

@JJunior12 quote:

the cool weapons

@JJunior12 quote:

the cool weapons

pretty much this :-)

I see the majority of DD2's weapons as generic fantasy game weapons. Well designed but still generic.

DD1 had crazy weird stuff. From lightsabers over ridiculously huge monk poles to chicken shooters, high fives and machine guns.

DD1 made me keep weak weapons on harder maps just because I did not want to part from such a cool thing. 

Oh yes... pets gave me a similar impression Not as strong as weapons but still... DD2 pets feel like that random fashion-pet you can purchase in any mmo-fantasy-game. Plus a skill.

The nostalgia of everything you just mentioned :') 

I loved being able to go into a match and grind 15-20 waves for a weapon or pet and not having the stats I wanted, and then do it all over again lol (not being sarcastic I really do miss that) 

DD1 will always have that special place in my heart. And my glowing pink skittles cause I loved the crap out of that thing lol 

Do you think they are even remotely heading in that direction? I know Rome wasn't built in a day but this has been tested for over 2 1/2 years now, its a sequel and all of the grindy aspects of DD1 have essentially been removed. I'm all for being optimistic, but i don't see how they are going to turn this around, nor does it look like they are even trying to, as the core issues are not being addressed. They are just placing band-aid after band-aid on severed artery. Balance changes are great, weapons MFG nerf was amazing, but 36 days too late, free stuff for the pain and suffering of trying to play DD2 in the first month of release is great, additional loot and supposed super loot is good, but the fact remains - none of this does anything for players already on C7. Never had a game with RPG elements end so quickly, leaving me yearning for more. I didn't even finish farming C7 when i broke through late last week, as there was no need....the game was beaten. I am just left wanting more DD2 goodness, regretting all of my special edition purchases and mysteriously vanished dracolich that never got restored, which doesn't matter now, anyway.  

@Derek564 quote:

Do you think they are even remotely heading in that direction? I know Rome wasn't built in a day but this has been tested for over 2 1/2 years now, its a sequel and all of the grindy aspects of DD1 have essentially been removed. I'm all for being optimistic, but i don't see how they are going to turn this around, nor does it look like they are even trying to, as the core issues are not being addressed. They are just placing band-aid after band-aid on severed artery. Balance changes are great, weapons MFG nerf was amazing, but 36 days too late, free stuff for the pain and suffering of trying to play DD2 in the first month of release is great, additional loot and supposed super loot is good, but the fact remains - none of this does anything for players already on C7. Never had a game with RPG elements end so quickly, leaving me yearning for more. I didn't even finish farming C7 when i broke through late last week, as there was no need....the game was beaten. I am just left wanting more DD2 goodness, regretting all of my special edition purchases and mysteriously vanished dracolich that never got restored, which doesn't matter now, anyway.  

This sums up how I've felt as well. There's only so much optimism I can muster before dropping DD2 and taking an extended break. I log in and farm ascension for a bit, but after a few matches, I remember there's nothing really to do. A possible very minor secondary relic stat upgrade isn't fun anymore. There's no special gear to farm. There's no true upgrades that will change my builds or show meaningful improvement to my characters. Pets are meaningless stat sticks that I completely ignore once I have the ability I want. (300ish stat points are a drop in a lake at this point). There's really nothing to do but farm ascension so you can AFK easier and spend a few minutes clearing a map 3 times to finish your daily (that ironically isn't always available in the content you're at, so you get to AFK and forgo everything but XP). I get that the entire game isn't focused around end-game, but it's been designed in a way that you progress so fast into C7, and then hit a wall. The wall being lack of available content. 

I'm hoping the next major content update that they've mentioned happens much sooner than later. The state of the new end-game mode being teased is only in it's "prototype" stages per the last dev stream a week or so ago, so I don't really see that happening. We don't know any specifics of it, other than "its brand new". I just really hope it's something that allows for either infinite scaling or the difficulty is so high that it gives everyone something to reach for to help pace content droughts between new maps and modes.

@Kambien quote:

A lot of folks detached from reality.

I understand you love the game but don't try to make it seem we're blind cause I know deep down inside your heart you feel the same way how all of us feel, the game is cool but it could be better and I understand they could release DLCs for it but the game been on early access for 2 YEARS.. then changed everything around and made it into a  " SHARD FARMING GAME ".. with cheap weapons and pets..

@Kambien quote:

Feel free to refute my points or others points in the thread, vague off-handed comments aren't discussion.

To address your former post: The "reality" of it is that this game has pacing issues that aren't being addressed properly. They've reworked the concept of gear/upgrades/content since it's predecessor (I.E. focusing on shards and stat gear with a singular game mode versus map/mode tied specialty upgrades and difficulty), but the delivery of content isn't following this new method. 

Since you're using DD1 as your example: Jan 2012 and onward (each month), saw content updates from either new heroes/maps/quests packs in DD1.

For proof of this: http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/65800/

They're listed in order by release date. The first content patch (Warping core: 4 missions with unique loot) was given one month after the release of the game. 

Feel free to follow the time line of release dates as I'm not going to type them all out for you here. They're very clearly visible on Steam. 

This forum has a great list of patch notes and exact release dates since we've moved from DLC releases to patches:

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/145266/early-access-the-loot-update-210-notes-and-discussion

May 23rd, 2017 is the last update that was more than bug fixes and balances changes (I could honestly argue against this because no new maps/playable content was added, just re-working of already in-place systems). It's now been a hair over 2 months, and we just had a balance update that added no content, other than moving 4 pre-existing and used maps into C7 rotation.

I would estimate another month at least before the new mode is released. Meaning 1 month versus 3 months in content delivery, on a game that's had much more community feedback (Over 2 years) to help move it in the right direction. However, all we're doing is spinning in circles with balance still.

That all being said, if I'm detached from reality, I'd love for you to bring me into your reality because it seems much better.

Not much that anyone needs to refute when Trendy has laid out the path ahead.  Also, off hand comment threads - that seems to be your go to for a valid response to a thread. :-)  

My two cents, hope you guys figure this out for yourselves.

@Kambien quote:

Not much that anyone needs to refute when Trendy has laid out the path ahead.  Also, off hand comment threads - that seems to be your go to for a valid response to a thread. :-)  

My two cents, hope you guys figure this out for yourselves.

I'm not sure where I've said that before, but OK. Me too.

I loved DD1 so much. I feel like they could do so much more to live up to it but they focus too much on nerfs and weird loot rng. I play this because DD1 isn't on ps4 and my pc is dead so this is what I've got.

I hope they make more content improvements to this game.

@Kambien quote:

This is one conversation I've kinda been ducking for a while... Because it kinda has me torn.

On one end... Yeah. I think people need to have patience. I don't think it's something to be upset or frustrated about. Trendy has been trying to make a good solution for the longevity issue for a while now. And while we wait, there is easily at least a hundred (if not several) hours of game play to enjoy till you run out of things and are stuck waiting.

But on the other end... This longevity issue really only exists because of Trendy's design decisions on DD2. Their stream lining of loot. The limited depth in strategic choices for towers or gear. The lack of openness for creativity or choice. A loot treadmill that never really gets harder. Lack of challenges as a result of the progression curve (or line?), with very limited options to seek a challenges.

All of these have solutions that Trendy has created in DD1, only to intentionally steer away from them in DD2. I get it. They don't want DD2 to be exactly like DD1... But just as Rome wasn't built in a day... Pride had ample time to bring about its destruction.

Trendy has been one of my favorite developers since I found DD1. I've given Trendy so much money over the years that I should probably be ashamed of it... But I wanted to support them. Hell, I even tried to work for them this summer, and I'll probably send them my resume again when I graduate from my university... But despite loving what they create and the love they show towards their games... I still just don't feel I can say the criticisms of the lack of end game are entirely unwarranted.

@xArcAngel quote:
@Kambien quote:

This is one conversation I've kinda been ducking for a while... Because it kinda has me torn.

On one end... Yeah. I think people need to have patience. I don't think it's something to be upset or frustrated about. Trendy has been trying to make a good solution for the longevity issue for a while now. And while we wait, there is easily at least a hundred (if not several) hours of game play to enjoy till you run out of things and are stuck waiting.

But on the other end... This longevity issue really only exists because of Trendy's design decisions on DD2. Their stream lining of loot. The limited depth in strategic choices for towers or gear. The lack of openness for creativity or choice. A loot treadmill that never really gets harder. Lack of challenges as a result of the progression curve (or line?), with very limited options to seek a challenges.

All of these have solutions that Trendy has created in DD1, only to intentionally steer away from them in DD2. I get it. They don't want DD2 to be exactly like DD1... But just as Rome wasn't built in a day... Pride had ample time to bring about its destruction.

Trendy has been one of my favorite developers since I found DD1. I've given Trendy so much money over the years that I should probably be ashamed of it... But I wanted to support them. Hell, I even tried to work for them this summer, and I'll probably send them my resume again when I graduate from my university... But despite loving what they create and the love they show towards their games... I still just don't feel I can say the criticisms of the lack of end game are entirely unwarranted.

^ Yup. Maybe the entirely new game mode they are creating is DD1 with updated characters, towers and monsters? That'd be great. Whenever i post this, i feel like i am the only person who misses this, but my favorite parts of DD1 were farming challenge modes and survival for that 1/1000 chance of a 180+ upgrade slot pet, weapon or piece of gear. It doesn't feel like i have earned a single piece of gear in DD2, i have just progressed through the cookie cutter gear path that gives a pre-determined set of loot that increases consistently by minuscule, meaningless amounts. There was not one moment in my DD2 play through that i had that "OH WOW, LOOK AT THIS SWEET LOOT". It was mostly, "oh good, it sells for two more gold than the last piece and has worse stats....sick".