Sign in to follow this  
Hom-Sha-Bom

How Should World Tree Be Fixed?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

So you're commenting on a thread you didn't even read? Most of the suggested changes listed only help to make it easier to place Dryad defenses while keeping the tree is a blockade. There's only 1 that drastically changes the tree.

Yes, I did read it. I love the way the aura works and I would be sad if it was drastically negated or changed. My biggest problem with this suggestion thread is the idea of only having one per map or changing it from being a tree at all, that would be devastating. But neither do I care for the aggro shard (simply because I use them as walls but I'm not against the shard). The only suggestion I really side with is the gambit or a separate aura for her traps, I love the player buff/heal and rely on it in C5. I do not want to see anything drastic happen to the tree or its aura. I believe it just needs some extra collision or a bit more range.

A lot of people are making suggestions that I believe are too steep of a change to my lovely Dryad.

1. I think the upgrade cost is way too much. I think 75 for 1st upgrade is good. 125 for final upgrade.

2. each  upgrade should increase the range like it did in the alpha. ( although I believe all towers should increase in range after being upgraded)

3. the amount of room it takes up in a lane needs to be increased or decrease the cost of trees to 20 per tree.

@super_slayan quote:

1. I think the upgrade cost is way too much. I think 75 for 1st upgrade is good. 125 for final upgrade.

2. each  upgrade should increase the range like it did in the alpha. ( although I believe all towers should increase in range after being upgraded)

3. the amount of room it takes up in a lane needs to be increased or decrease the cost of trees to 20 per tree.

You know the 1st upgrade takes it to Tier 3 right? All other blockades cost 150 to upgrade to tier 3. It only costs 125 to get the Tree to Tier 3. Trees are already CHEAPER to upgrade than any other blockade.

@zMiiChy quote:

A lot of people are making suggestions that I believe are too steep of a change to my lovely Dryad.

All of the changes are very minor except for the 1 that totally changes it. All other suggestions basically keep it the same but give you more freedom to place other defenses. And why the hell do you care so much if an aggro reducing shard is added? you're free to just simply not use it.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@zMiiChy quote:

All of the changes are very minor except for the 1 that totally changes it. All other suggestions basically keep it the same but give you more freedom to place other defenses. And why the hell do you care so much if an aggro reducing shard is added? you're free to just simply not use it.

I believe I said I didn't care either way about the shard and I'm starting to wonder if YOU are not reading the responses to this thread. Many of the suggestions by people here change the tree quite a bit and I don't believe it needs much of a change at all other than collision and maybe some range. I don't believe it needs to change its entire mechanics. (And I actually like the way it upgrades as well, ends up costing less in the end).

I like the idea of a healing and building radius. Also, it should have viability as a barricade in that, it gets larger with each upgrade. Make the roots elongate or something to make it wider. Otherwise, it takes tricky positioning to keep enemies from just waltzing by it, unlike other barricades that have that bulk.

What I don't want is for them to just make it wider and nothing else. We don't need another duplicate of every blockade. They're all interchangeable right now. They should all provide something different, not just be reskined versions of the same thing.

In all honesty, the upgrade cost of the World Tree should be HIGHER than it is today. It only takes 125 mana to upgrade it to Tier 3, it takes 150 for all other defenses in the game to upgrade to Tier 3. It costs 400 mana to upgrade it to Tier 5, it costs 500 for all other defenses in the game.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@super_slayan quote:

You know the 1st upgrade takes it to Tier 3 right? All other blockades cost 150 to upgrade to tier 3. It only costs 125 to get the Tree to Tier 3. Trees are already CHEAPER to upgrade than any other blockade.

you do realize that when you upgrade it once, it upgrades once technically being tier 2. doesn't matter what it says on the lvl cause you only upgraded it once. sooooo its actually more expensive to upgrade it 2 times than to upgrade another wall 2 times sooooo yeahhh.....

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

What I don't want is for them to just make it wider and nothing else. We don't need another duplicate of every blockade. They're all interchangeable right now. They should all provide something different, not just be reskined versions of the same thing.

not really. squire walls have less HP and cost less. abyss lords walls cost more and attack . lavamancer walls cost a lot more but also have a lot more hp and petrify.

@super_slayan quote:
@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

not really. squire walls have less HP and cost less. abyss lords walls cost more and attack . lavamancer walls cost a lot more but also have a lot more hp and petrify.

No, I'm sorry but you're wrong.

Spiked Blockade, Training Dummy, Arcane Barrier, Viper's Fangs, and World Tree all have exactly the same DU cost at 30. They all have exactly the same base DH (200). They all have exactly the same DH scaling (150 HP per Defense Health). They all have exactly the same upgrade scaling (+30% per upgrade tier). They have exactly the same Upgrade Cost (50 mana for Tier 2, 150 total mana for Tier 3, 300 total mana for Tier 4, 500 total mana for tier 5) except the World Tree is a little cheaper to upgrade (125 mana for Tier 3, 400 total mana for Tier 5).

Skeletal Orc and Maw of the Earthdrake are the only outliers in blockade stats.

Skeletal Orc costs 33% more DU for 16.67% more in DH scaling, but is a high damaging blockade.

Maw of the Earthdrake is 100% more DU for 66% more DH scaling, but blocks a bigger area and has added utility in Petrify.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Skeletal Orc and Maw of the Earthdrake are the only outliers in blockade stats.

Skeletal Orc costs 33% more DU for 16.67% more in DH scaling, but is a high damaging blockade.

Maw of the Earthdrake is 100% more DU for 66% more DH scaling, but blocks a bigger area and has added utility in Petrify.

Semi-off topic - I read somewhere that the walls also have different percentages of defense mitigation.  It was something like squire walls had the highest damage mitigation where Skeletal Orc had the lowest due to the trade off for a blockade that did high damage (as a blockade).  

Is there any truth to this?  Or is this all smoke, mirrors, and rumors?

@Kambien quote:  

It use to be I know for sure. Not entirely sure if it still is though...

@xArcAngel quote:
@Kambien quote:  

It use to be I know for sure. Not entirely sure if it still is though...

Thanks!  Never can be sure if it's a crazy rumor or something to it. ;-)

@super_slayan quote:

you do realize that when you upgrade it once, it upgrades once technically being tier 2. doesn't matter what it says on the lvl cause you only upgraded it once. sooooo its actually more expensive to upgrade it 2 times than to upgrade another wall 2 times sooooo yeahhh.....

No, you are wrong yet again. Upgrading it once gives it 2 upgrade tiers. It is exactly equivalent to a tier 3 blockade.

You can prove yourself wrong if you take a Squire and a Dryad, unequip relics, reset ascensions, unequip pets. Build a spike blockade and a world tree. They will both have 30,000 HP at tier 1. Upgrade the blockade twice, upgrade the World Tree once. Now they both have 48,000 HP. Upgrade the blockade 2 more times, upgrade the world tree 1 more time. Now they both have 66,000 HP. You're welcome.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@super_slayan quote:

No, you are wrong yet again. Upgrading it once gives it 2 upgrade tiers. It is exactly equivalent to a tier 3 blockade.

You can prove yourself wrong if you take a Squire and a Dryad, unequip relics, reset ascensions, unequip pets. Build a spike blockade and a world tree. They will both have 30,000 HP at tier 1. Upgrade the blockade twice, upgrade the World Tree once. Now they both have 48,000 HP. Upgrade the blockade 2 more times, upgrade the world tree 1 more time. Now they both have 66,000 HP. You're welcome.

just cause 1 of them has more hp at tier 2 doesn't make them the same tier. blockades don't have to be equivalent. why do u think they didn't just make the tree upgradeable 4 times and just increase the upgrade cost after each upgrade? 

I do have some suggestion.

A shard that's turns a world Tree into a Corrupt World Tree which its aura (which of course maybe when that shard's fully upgrades, we could have some adequate aura range) gives dryad defenses the Corrupt buff, plus introducing another shard, when equipped by the relic that has the equipped corrupt World Tree shard, makes the Corrupted World Tree an offensive defense tower. The Tree could spawn deadly weeds (or Deathweeds) from the ground that damages enemies randomly. Of course this offensiveness must come with a price, it could be from blockade health to regular tower health.

So if the Corrupt's Offensive then the Pure have to be Defensive, so maybe we could introduce a shard that's similar to Shielding or Explosive Guard like when It's damaged by enemies, it has a chance to emit a small energy wave that stun random enemies. 

I do actually like the "Node-like Flowers" suggestion. So it's cool if Trendy rolled with that if they want, but I'd prefer the nodes to just apply to the Pure Tree. 

So other than the changes which I suggested and the Node-like flowers idea, I've nothing against the World Tree.

@super_slayan quote:

just cause 1 of them has more hp at tier 2 doesn't make them the same tier. blockades don't have to be equivalent. why do u think they didn't just make the tree upgradeable 4 times and just increase the upgrade cost after each upgrade? 

I don't know why you say they don't have to be equivalent. I'm not saying they have to be equivalent. I am just letting you know that they currently are equivalent.

Notice the icons on the upgraded trees:

9hBwl5w.jpg

aJbJDuy.jpg

And they have exactly identical Health when they're at no upgrades, full upgrades, and half upgrades. 1 Upgrade on a World Tree is the same thing as 2 upgrades on a Spike Blockade, Training Dummy, Arcane Barrier, or Viper's Fangs. 2 upgrades on a World Tree is the same thing as 4 upgrades on a Spike Blockade, Training Dummy, Arcane Barrier, or Viper's Fangs.

I'm not saying it has to be that way. I'm not saying that it should be that way. I'm just letting you know that it is that way.

I would prefer to keep upgrades consistent and have 4 upgrades on the World Tree, but everyone seems to think World Tree is too expensive to upgrade. It's actually cheaper.

If Trendy made the World Tree upgrades consistent with other blockade upgrades that would be a nerf to World Tree.

Just wanted to say that I'm really digging the feedback in this thread, and I've sent it to the design team. I really love the constructive and civil discussion, too. Much appreciated!

With new vicious strikes shard world tree can have up to 4057 range.This mean you can even use harpies to backstab siege rollers , but you need to protect harpies from kobolts somehow in c7.