Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

Are You On Consoles And Lagging/Rubberbanding? Take A Look Here!

If you have been experiencing consistent rubberbanding (i.e. a majority of the time you play, your character or game in general lags and bounces you all over the place), post here to help us figure out how to slay this beast!

For those of you that this applies to, here's the information we'd need:

• Which platform (XBox or PS4)?
  • What region?
  • What country?
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes).
  • How long are your game sessions?
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)?
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection?
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode?

Whatever you can provide is feedback we could use!  Feel free to PM your information if you would prefer to not post publicly.

@Lawlta quote:

We've had a decent number of reports with lagging/rubberbanding, and looking into something of this nature requires a lot of data to help knock some pins over.  SO, if you have been experiencing consistent rubberbanding (i.e. a majority of the time you play, your character or game in general lags and bounces you all over the place), post here to help us figure out how to slay this beast!

For those of you that this applies to, here's the information we'd need:

• Which platform (XBox or PS4)? Xbox One
  • What region? NA (Massachusetts, specifically) 
  • What country? United States
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes). 60mb download, 40 upload
  • How long are your game sessions? 20 minutes, on average
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)? Bastille is the map that first comes to mind. Wave 2, i start getting really bad rubber banding and it only worsens throughout the next three waves
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection? Wired
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode? Chaos 5 Bastille

Whatever you can provide is feedback we could use!  Feel free to PM your information if you would prefer to not post publicly.

• Which platform (XBox or PS4)? Xbox
  • What region? NA (West - Arizona)
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes). 59 Mb down, 38 Mb up
  • How long are your game sessions? 1-2 hours on average
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)? Completely random. But consistently as in once or twice a match.
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection? WiFi
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode? Any map/mode. Though I have only played the campaign.

@Lawlta quote:
  • Which platform (XBox or PS4)? PS4
  • What region? NA
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes). 100 Mbps download speed, 10 Mbps upload speed
  • How long are your game sessions? Anywhere from 1 hour to 5 hours
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)? Most noticeably/consistently during the rest phase of wave 4 and wave 5, however, tends to happen quite frequently at anytime during a round also.
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection? WIFI
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode? Any mode, any map. Even happens in the tavern.

every time the map is full of itens usually happen on Chaos 1 the game always lag. i beleive its because the spin itens animation and time to calculate what those itens stats are. so evey end of the match with lots of drop the game always lag.

PS4

Brazil

50Mega bytes

• Which platform (XBox or PS4)?
Ps4
  • What region?
East
  • What country?
United states
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes)
22 MBs/11 MBs down/up
  • How long are your game sessions?
3-4 hours
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)
I see it as soon as I long in as soon as I enter tavern
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection?
Lan
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode?
Its any map.

• Which platform (XBox or PS4)? Xbox
  • What region? North America, East
  • What country? USA
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes). Download: 124 mps, Upload: 23 mps
  • How long are your game sessions? 1 to 5 hours
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)? Sometimes beginning, sometimes during the session.
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection? LAN (Wired) Connection
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode? Any map/mode

• What region? EU
  • What country? UK
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes). 18 Mbs down, 2 MBs up
  • How long are your game sessions? Anywhere from 30 minutes to 10 hours
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)? It starts as soon as I log in, but usually only happens if I go to the town rather than a private tavern
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection? WiFi
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode? It happens on all maps/modes. It's particularly bad on Assault on Throne Room, Nimbus Reach, Little Horn Valley and Liferoot Forest (especially when looking towards the suppressed air lane). It's not as bad on smaller maps or maps with no extra animations (e.g. thunder + lightning). The amount of loot on the ground doesn't have much of an effect, except on Unholy Catacombs.

• Which platform (XBox or PS4): PC
  • What region: US West
  • What country: United States
  • What are your download and upload speeds: 131 megabits down 17 up, so 16 MBs Down and 2 MBs up http://www.speedtest.net/result/6539726934.png
  • How long are your game sessions: Few hours at a time, depends on the day.
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long): It doesn't matter, ive had it happen randomly from the moment i launch the game until i close it
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection: Wired
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode: Seems random, no one map has consistently given me issues.

• Which platform (XBox or PS4): PC
  • What region: US  East
  • What country: United States
  • What are your download and upload speeds: 70 megabits down 6 up. 
  • How long are your game sessions: Not much recently because I can't stand playing with the lag.
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long): It doesn't matter, I've had it happen randomly from the moment I launch the game until I close it
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection: Wired
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode: Seems random, no one map has consistently given me issues.
  • Heres a video of me jumping around where it's easy to spot. https://youtu.be/tFmUNGRUqd8
  • I have a GTX 660 and normally get about 140 frames, I don't believe it's my graphics card as I have 150 hours in the game and only a few months ago did this start after an update, I have verified files.

• We where playing on local Co-op Splittscreen
  • platform: PS4
  • Region:  Europe
  • Speed: 1,5MB/s down, upstream unklnown
  • 2-3h 
  • The lagging starts as soon as the Mobs appear, strongly to notice while the Char is turning. 
  • im via cable connected
  • The lagging is on every Map, but some maps stronger stronger than others, for example: Wyvern Den or Forgotten Ruins.

• What region? Europe 
  • What country? Portugal
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes). 100MBs Download, 50MBs Upload
  • How long are your game sessions? between 1 hour to 6 Hours depending on the day.
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)? Random. Mostly when in full groups
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection? Tried both Wifi and LAN. 95% of the times over wiFi
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode? Everywhere.

Which platform (XBox or PS4)? PS4.

What region? IN THE TITLE SCREEN (US WEST, OR (NEAREST).  IN-GAME (DEFAULT).

What country? UNITED STATES

What are your download and upload speeds?Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes). I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHECK, SORRY.

How long are your game sessions? 30 MINS - 2 HOURS.

Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)? IT STARTS LAGGING/RUBBER-BANDING AS SOON AS THE FIRST BUILD PHASE STARTS.  IF NOT THAN, IT USUALLY HAPPENS DURING ALL COMBAT PHASES.

Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection? WIFI CONNECTION.

Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode?  IT SEEMS TO BE EVERY CHAOS MAP I PLAY, AND ITS CONSTANT.  IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I'M DOING CHAOS TIERS BY MYSELF (IN PRIVATE MATCHES), OR WITH RANDOMS (PUBLIC MATCHES).  I RARELY GET AN ISSUE WHEN PLAYING THE STORY.  

• Which platform (XBox or PS4)?  ps4
  • What region?  US East
  • What country? Canada, toronto
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes). 1024 mbps dload / 100 mpbs upload
  • How long are your game sessions? 20-30 minutes
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)?  In town, in-game, during all phases at all times.
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection?  on WiFi and Lan
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode?  All maps

To all: intermittent connection quality is most likely caused by latency issues (many variables), t3 timeouts, t4 timeouts, bad modems, bad routers, or bad settings on either piece of hardware. Call your Internet Provider and schedule an appointment to have things looked over at your house.

@tallahassee007 quote:

To all: intermittent connection quality is most likely caused by latency issues (many variables), t3 timeouts, t4 timeouts, bad modems, bad routers, or bad settings on either piece of hardware. Call your Internet Provider and schedule an appointment to have things looked over at your house.

This is true and you should do this if you've never done it in the past 5 years or so, but this specific problem is only happening in dd2 while it's fine everywhere else. 

@zyzyzymeth quote:

This is true and you should do this if you've never done it in the past 5 years or so, but this specific problem is only happening in dd2 while it's fine everywhere else. 

I use the US east server and I'm located in PA. I don't have any issues. If it were Trendy's servers I would think that it would affect every player.

I'm only suggesting that players have their own services checked first. 

@tallahassee007 quote:

@zyzyzymeth quote:

I use the US east server and I'm located in PA. I don't have any issues. If it was trendys servers, I think it would affect every player.

That's the same as  saying :

Wow, why are people complaining about bugs ( that are proven to be there )? I don't have them! People must be lying!

I accept your suggestion and as I said, you should have someone check your stuff every once in awhile, but I don't agree with people saying stuff like that quote.

With my statement I was trying to be logical. Not dismiss anyone's "problems." But, this is definitely a problem with a small minority of players. So, I think everyone experiencing an issue with rubberbanding should look into their own equipment/service/server selection before blaming Trendy. My guess as a whole is that the majority of these players have bad service or live in the US and are trying to play on a server that's halfway across the world. 

What I'm suggesting is people look into what they can control, before blaming blaming Trendy for something that could be a local problem.