Sign in to follow this  
1731vrdw

When I found out they nerfed the only two towers I can use. :(

If anyone could suggest a nice strategy that I could start building I would be forever grateful.

I have ev2 the dryad and the lavamancer (and all the base characters with the exception of the apprentice) and I just got to chaos V trials and I have 163 ascension.

@1731vrdw quote:

-snip-

This game honestly has very little strategy, so just don't overthink it lol. One of the best strategies (as outline from how well WM did by itself), is basically find a tower that is AOE, or has an AOE shard (i.e. cannonball towers) that does good damage. Then spam 2-5 of those per lane, because that's all the DU you have after walls anyways.

I mean... on some maps you can get "creative" cause they have higher DU limits, and throw in something like a geyser or sand trap to slow down enemies... but basically just wall + whatever does good DPS. And it's really a lot of towers now... although flame aura is PROBABLY the strongest after the PDT nerfs I think.

@xArcAngel quote:
@1731vrdw quote:

-snip-

This game honestly has very little strategy, so just don't overthink it lol. One of the best strategies (as outline from how well WM did by itself), is basically find a tower that is AOE, or has an AOE shard (i.e. cannonball towers) that does good damage. Then spam 2-5 of those per lane, because that's all the DU you have after walls anyways.

I mean... on some maps you can get "creative" cause they have higher DU limits, and throw in something like a geyser or sand trap to slow down enemies... but basically just wall + whatever does good DPS. And it's really a lot of towers now... although flame aura is PROBABLY the strongest after the PDT nerfs I think.

Still can't be used if there are cyborks, right? I've read so many articles about this and still had no luck so far. In order for it to be effective I'd have to place it somewhere where they can easily turn it off : / Ramster is my only option

Frost tower with frost power, increased range and 50% 7 second freeze with flame auras for geodes.

Flamethrowers + PDT's for Cyborks.

Geysers + Cannon Ball towers with frost tower for C5 assassins

Monk AA near geysers/air lane for anti air and help with enemies hit by geysers.

For C6, i do TONS of flame auras with frost towers for increased dmg. I always find where the long range guys are stopping to hit my blockade and i upgrade that flame aura to max before any others. All i use on C6 is reflect walls, flame auras, frost towers and monk AA, with an occasional geyser if its a siege roller lane or to help with the few assassins. 

@Murdash quote:

Still can't be used if there are cyborks, right? I've read so many articles about this and still had no luck so far. In order for it to be effective I'd have to place it somewhere where they can easily turn it off : / Ramster is my only option

Well, the suggestion was intended for any maps that he'd use weapon man on normally, since cyborks borked weapon mans even harder than flame auras. If you REALLY wanna use flame auras, the safe placements are something that aren't the easiest to learn, but they're much easier with flame aura than weapon man.

Ramsters are good... But for C5 I personally preferred to use Flamethrower towers. Again, the placements aren't as easy for everyone, but they do considerably more DPS per DU when placed properly in my experience.

For the lower tiers with cyborks (and even higher if you hunt the geodes yourself - not my personal liking) I recommend just trying cannons, Earthshatters, PDT (maybe? Have to see if cannons outperform now... waiting on patch), or even the Dryad's hornets/Nimbi since all of those just got pretty considerable buffs.

The cannons were already pretty strong before the patch, so now I imagine they're pretty monstrous for a single target tower.

@1731vrdw quote:

If anyone could suggest a nice strategy that I could start building I would be forever grateful.

I have ev2 the dryad and the lavamancer (and all the base characters with the exception of the apprentice) and I just got to chaos V trials and I have 163 ascension.

Strats that work on C7, these strats are countered by EMP Orcs (chaos 2 and 5), however with clever placement they are successful even C2 and C5.

Monk flame aura and LSA build that I am currently using:

• 1-2 blockades per lane. Squire Blockades with: fortitude, explosive guard and stun shards. if Assassins are easy for you, replace stun shard with vengence).
  • Standard medallion shards for these towers are: Rate, Range, Transfer.
  • Standard Mark shards for these tower are: Rate, Range, Defense Crit Damage
  • 4x flame auras in a square formation. (if you are on a low DU high lane map creat a triangle formation with the base of the triangle facing the gate (2 flame auras) and the tip of the triangle facing your blockade (1 aura).
  • 1-2 Lightning strike auras placed left and right of the lane, making sure both cover your blockade.
  • 2~ Sky Guard Towers per map (some maps need more others need less).

Monk flame aura and oil geyser build:

• 1-2 blockades per lane. Squire Blockades with: fortitude, explosive guard and stun shards. if Assassins are easy for you, replace stun shard with vengence).
  • Standard medallion shards for these towers are: Rate, Range, Transfer.
  • Standard Mark shards for these tower are: Rate, Range, Defense Crit Damage
  • 4 flame auras in a square formation per lane. (if you are on a low DU high lane map creat a triangle formation with the base of the triangle facing the gate (2 flame auras) and the tip of the triangle facing your blockade (1 aura).
  • 1-2 Oil Guysers per lane, placed either between the two flame auras at the base of the "triangle" and one on your wall, however if Berserker orcs are attacking your blockades and you lack DU always have 1 on your blockades).
  • 2~ Sky Guard Towers per map (some maps need more others need less).

If you breaking into C7 drop an aura or your LSA's/Oil Geysers and get 1-2 Frosty Tower per lane with a Totem relic (shards: Fortitude, Range, Freezing or shielding guard). 

Yes they will get hit by EMP fliers from time to time, but you need that damn slow! Place them far enough apparent that when one is deactivated by an EMP flyer the other is not. Some lanes you can place them so they are not targeted by EMP flyers so those lanes only need 1.

@1731vrdw quote:

When I go to Chaos V I was using Flamethrowers for damage, Training Dummies for blockades, Sky Guard Towers for anti-air, and DPS'd with Abyss Lord.

I didn't waste any DU on a "kill zone" for assassins. I just played as Abyss Lord and stuck near a spot where I had 2 training dummies and SGTs and I would attack the training dummies to get them spinning really fast and used the shard that gives blockades a chance to stun.

Drop down the Abyss Fountain for some permanent healing.

When the Assassins are about to jump on you, throw an Abyss knight at your feet so the assassin is immediately stunned and does not latch on to you. If you miss the stun run next to the spinning training dummies and they can stun it off of you.

While an assassin is latched on, flame throwers can damage it. While they're not latched on SGTs can damage them.

WM Nerf hasn't changed the AFK farm build for C7:

1. FA as far inside each spawn point as it will let you place it (flying kobolds melt before they leave spawn)

2. 2nd FA as close as you can to the first one (for light spawns, skip the 2nd FA)

3. 1 WM for each spawn, place 1 node between the FAs and work backward toward your..

4. 1-2 Blockades in each lane. You don't actually have to do a full lane block

5. 1 skyguard  at each air lane.

Upgrade Skyguard and FAs each wave, ez pzy.

Shards:

FA - Rate, Range, Crit Damage or Pwr Transfer depending on if you use Mark or Medallion respectively.

WM - Rate, Range, Crit Damage or Pwr Transfer depending on if you use Mark or Medallion respectively.

Skyguard - Rate, Range, Crit Damage or Pwr Transfer depending on if you use Mark or Medallion respectively.

Squire Blockade - Stun, Power, HP

You have to get up and work when the rollers come, aside from that, its pretty boring. Enjoy