Sign in to follow this  
bladedshard

Major server issues and bugs

Hello,

Firstly I would like to state that I KNOW I am not the only person with this issue.   The issue is below with descriptive information.

First:  Server issues.    I'll be in the middle of games and then when I go back to tavern I get disconnected from host, or failed to connect.    (My internet is fine)  So I switch to an alternate region....than everything is fine.

Sometimes I will be unable to use skills and abilities or attack in any way.   So I log out and log in....To find out that I cant,  I switch regions...Than I am fine.

2ndly.    The infinite loop when trying to login from starting the game.       You cant get in, it just stays at loading, (this also happens after playing some rounds)

Temp fix:   Logout change your server region,  than retry.  

However these issues happen so often (sometimes trying to ready up to start you match doesn't even work)  that this game could have SO MANY more players.     But the truth is,  Why would players waste their time trying to play a game that is so buggy they have to restart the game atleast 2-5 times per day.  (sometimes within 2 hrs)

I know its a free game.   But that would be the most horrible excuse in the world.    I'm sure if it was less buggy people would not have an issue paying to play(I certainly would pay to play)

PLEASE FIX THESE SERVER ISSUES and bugs.

Unfortunately, I cannot say that I am experiencing these issues part of the time or even majority.  Since two weeks after post launch I haven't had really any issues.  That doesn't mean they don't exist.

Can you submit a ticket to Trendy's Zendesk support and include a copy of your DXDIAG?  You may also want to run a speedtest and include that as well.

Apparently the EU servers are way worse than the NA servers, so first question should be do you play on NA or EU?

Playing on the EU server, it does seem a bit of a lottery when you leave a game, whether the hub/tavern will load, or you'll just be stuck on the load screen until you give up and (temporarily) close the game  Generally if you continue from one map to the next you are okay, though once today only one of our four made it through, and was rather surprised to be playing solo.  It would certainly help if our server set-up was more reliable, now that we are out of early access...

Personally, I just tried to load the game with the new patch and my whole screen went black, so that I had to restart - I hope that doesn't happen on my next attempt!  

What region are you playing in?  If EU, specifically what country (feel free to PM me if you are uncomfortable posting publicly)?

Hungary here, it took me like 5 tries to get into the private tavern. "connection to the host has been lost". so nah, you are not alone. I've left the private tavern to go and try out the town, no luck so far. 6 "connection to the host has been lost" messages so far, I guess I give up.

edit: 10 more tries, nothing. Definitely have to give up :'(

I'm in England, on a good fast Virgin Media cable connection.  Further to my earlier post, I've tried three times to load the newly-patched game - but it just crashes my Windows 10 computer.  The opening news page comes up, but when I click "start," the large DD2 logo comes up okay... then I get a white rectangle about three-quarters of the total 1920 by 1200 screen, at top left, after which the screen goes dark, with just a split-second of the monitor's "no signal" message.  The computer is still running, but doesn't do anything, even if left for ten minutes or so... hitting its (physical) restart button brings things back to life.

My old Vista-running machine doesn't have this problem, after doing a quick install there, but I'm not sure how well it can cope with actually playing the game.  At least it meant I could log in and claim the reward of the 4,000 medals etc!  I had been playing earlier in the day (on the newer machine), and was looking forward to seeing how things had been improved, sigh...

It crashed the first time I started the game right after completing the download. After that I have restarted steam and it worked.

I've managed to get myself back in DD2 - it seems that there was some sort of clash with the anti-virus I use, "F-Secure."  Turning that completely off, I was able to start up the game.  I then switched F-Secure back on... and the next time I started up the game, all was well.