Sign in to follow this  
wayn3R_

Survival Reward Shard Maps

Hey guys lately i played alot of survival on shard maps. From misty to sky ***ty i did all of em to wave 30/35.
Why cant we get as survival finisher the boss rewards , as we get with other maps too.
Ember surv, moon surv, lab surv, talay surv etc. It would add more awesomeness farming these map instead of stupid moonbase surv. =(

Just an idea , think about it.

Would make sense on Akatiti too.  If you actually clear Aka NMHC surv, right now all you get is a kobold, and they always roll badly on NM :(

Maybe KG too?

Ye in general i think it would add more fun. Since beating a map in survival should at least give u smth which CAN maybe be good. Now u get a giraffe which has like 0 potential.

I'm against it. I don't understand why should we get camp rewards from survs even on the maps currently give them. Doesn't make sense to me especially with the recent change of higher start wave. In case of tinkerers it makes no sense at all to run campaign right now and the incoming NM fix won't change this.

I like the old approach: if you want camp rewards - run campaign. If you want to farm armor or core drop weapons - run surv. It's a bad idea to mix them so you get both playing only one game mode.

Old Map survival and campaign rewards should remain untouched IMO. Maps aren't hard at all, if anything dropping weps on maps like Sky City etc. might make others who have farmed the campaign-mode relentlessly pretty p!ssed off, INCLUDING ME.

All new CDT maps are fine if they drop campaign rewards since most of them are pretty hard.

Yeah, I didn't really think about how fast you could run Sky City to 30 when I was considering the idea.  It's probably better not to add camp rewards to Sky surv when I think about it that way.  And IMO Sky is the only one where it would really make a difference, so we might as well leave all the shards rewards alone.

For Aka, maybe we could solve the problem by making NM kobolds the same as (but not better than) insane kobolds.  Then we could do the same for NM skels and NM kobolds on TD.  Right now kobolds/skels can't roll to 600 on NM even with perfect rolls, but they hit 600 fairly often on insane.

Akatiti could use a 650 stat cap Kobold instead of 600 cap Kobold. Basically the same template as Pirate Skeleton.
Given that its significantly harder than running TD Survival that may give some incentive for running that map, I dunno.
I barely play it coz the FPS drops on survival are atrocious on it.