The upcoming patch and the balance changes

So finally PDT and WM are getting a little tweak down and the exploit of swapping shards or relics is getting fixed. Hooray for all that.

Single target towers are getting a buff to their rate, which should be interesting, depending on the rate cap.

High DU towers are getting a reduction in cost, I so hope they bring down Nimbus, Volcano, Obelisk, Earthshatter and Blaze balloon, all of them by 10 or 20DU.

All these changes will be positive to the game, looking forward to testing out on the new maps.

Little-Horn Valley

Assault on Throne Room

Buried Bastille

The Dead Road

Are we getting Revenge of the Yeti sometime soon?

Upon closer inspection of the dev stream and from previous dev posts I can give you more information about the patch:

WM shard swap fix and hinted stat nerf. PDT is getting a nerf.

Cannon is getting a stat buff. It's quickly becoming a powerhouse.

Blaze Balloon and Earthshatter cost 60 DU

Volcano still costs 100 so I hope there is a stat buff instead.

Lightning Strikes aura costs 20 DU which is shocking.

All of the Dryad's damaging defenses will benefit greatly from bug fixes and improved targeting/speed. I can't wait to actually use my Dryad seriously.

The extent of the targeting improvement is probably greater than we realize. It may make so many more things great to use but we shall see.

The new game mode they are working on is not Onslaught 2.0. It's apparently something completely unique but Trendy is being understandably cryptic about it.

There are no plans to address Kobolts being cheesy so we will have to see how much they ruin the new maps in C7 or if they are not an issue at all.

I think this will be a great step forward in preparation for more content.

@Fozzie quote:

Single target towers are getting a buff to their rate, which should be interesting, depending on the rate cap.

High DU towers are getting a reduction in cost, I so hope they bring down Nimbus, Volcano, Obelisk, Earthshatter and Blaze balloon, all of them by 10 or 20DU.

Will this rate buff make sky guard more useful?

Cost isn't why I don't use obelisk, I just don't know what it does. I've seen the fire snake and the bubble on the character but other than these seemingly weak actions, what does it do?

@Bones1505 quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Will this rate buff make sky guard more useful?

Cost isn't why I don't use obelisk, I just don't know what it does. I've seen the fire snake and the bubble on the character but other than these seemingly weak actions, what does it do?

The PDT is getting nerfed, so the SGT is going to be more useful most likely no matter what happens.

@Fozzie quote:

So finally PDT and WM are getting a little tweak down and the exploit of swapping shards or relics is getting fixed. Hooray for all that.

PDT and WM getting nerfed. Flame Aura and Proton Beams stepping up to take over the top cheese spot. lol

@Bones1505 quote:

Quite a few things, actually.

• Occasionally (at random intervals) gives a random player a pink shield which absorbs damage and doubles hero damage
  • Occasionally (at random intervals) turns a random enemy into a snake, preventing them from attacking and increases their damage taken
  • Occasionally (at random intervals) bubbles an enemy, similar to viper fangs, but the popped rain does quite a bit more damage
  • At set intervals, smites a random enemy on the map (caps at once every 2 seconds). In C7, smite damage is around 1.5-2 million damage
  • If your Mystic is out and you're at full appeasement, the obelisk turns into a flamethrower as well.

I actually have 5 mystics in my deck, and whenever the DU allows, I fill up the rest of my DU with obelisks. The smite damage really shines while finishing off waves, and the constant pink shield is a crazy huge boon as well.

@Exo dus quote:

When does the patch come out?
Really wish they could put dates on steam announcements.

They said on Twitter yesterday by the end of the week.

@gigazelle quote:

Quite a few things, actually.

• Occasionally (at random intervals) gives a random player a pink shield which absorbs damage and doubles hero damage

I'm not 100% sure it doubles your damage. Only because of what the Empowering Blasphemy shard does. Which is increases the buff at lvl 1 shard up to 10% and 50% at max. Could just be a mistype when making the text but then again might not be. 

Not saying you are wrong just adding to what you said.

@Fozzie quote:

Are we getting Revenge of the Yeti sometime soon?

Yep! It's not in this patch, but it should be coming to PC/PS4 in the next major update.

im for getting our choices back too. When they bring back some kind of defense mode where we get to pick what we do instead of this chaos "do what we tell you to do" crap. When we can use towers we want instead of the towers the mobs demand we use(im speaking to you geodes, emporcs and vanguards) that will be the day i kill over with joy and probably never put this game down again, ever.

@Licktastic quote:

I'm not 100% sure it doubles your damage. Only because of what the Empowering Blasphemy shard does. Which is increases the buff at lvl 1 shard up to 10% and 50% at max. Could just be a mistype when making the text but then again might not be. 

Not saying you are wrong just adding to what you said.

My bad, yeah it no longer does double damage - it used to before the shard system was in place. Not sure what the obelisk's HD buff is without the shard, but with the maxed shard it is indeed 50% damage increase, as you mention.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@UncleDaddy quote:

this is the best patch to date hands down good job trendy.

How can you say that when you haven't played it yet?

It's adding one of the best features of any game... framerate! It's bound to be awesome.

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see what this does for my mains... namely EV2 and Dryad.