Sign in to follow this  
Derek564

What are the odds of Trendy doing the right thing?

I purchased several shard packs, pre-alpha access and the standard/deluxe editions for the exclusive pets, mainly the dracolich pet. I had finally gotten my dracolich to 45/45 and just acquired the fifth evo material i needed to make him an elder. When i went to my inventory to switch him back in and evolve him (i was using a dragon with vines for C5 at the time instead of dracolich) come to find out, he is gone. There's only two things that could have happened and they are both bugs/glitches. 1: Sell all sold my locked dracolich (yes, i am 100% sure he was locked...) or 2: He vanished. I put in two support tickets with plenty of follow ups asking for a refund of my standard edition, restoration of my exact dracolich which weeks to get to where he was, ie: perfect dps stats, attack speed, damage, hero damage and ability power (unlikely, i know) or probably the easiest solution yet, a dracolich in my mailbox, preferably with a few affection boosters, as i used everything i had on him a day or two before he mysteriously vanished. 

I really don't want my money back, i want my dracolich back....but i will take whatever outcome results in me being restored to my previous place in the game pet wise. Two support tickets that got rolled into one. They auto-replied asking for any additional info, i gave them more info. Three days later, i got a message asking if there was any additional information or if they could just close the support ticket, implying they never received my additional information and considered the matter closed? Not sure what else to do, but i'm really hoping for a resolution on this. 

Anyone else have any similar issues? Was there ever a resolution or just endless back and fourth emails with a sub-par result?

Additional info ... picture proof of actually owning it. They have no way to know if you actually had it or are just another gold digger. Many people use support for getting things, not everyone actually lost something. The few times i have needed help from support I sent all the info I had and got support within 48 hours.

They are quick to answer and quick to help, as long as you let them.

1. There has been no bug reports about locked items being sold.

2. No bug reports about pets just vanishing.

Did you actually check all your heroes? If you had another hero and right clocled by mistake then that hero would equip it. Did you delete any heroes lately?

That whole "I'm 100% sure I locked him" thing... that becomes a bit sketchy.
So now you're down to coming up with proof.. 

Odds are Trendy doesn't keep a huge log of items that are sold - the amount of data would be monstrous and cumbersome... :(  

They can just revert his account to the status before the accident.... with whatever he got there at the time. 

core_forum_Icon.png

I'm on Xbox One and i never really thought to screen shot anything. Isn't there a way for them to know that i purchased the packs and that i should have a dragolich? I understand this is hard to prove, but i really feel like they know that i bought all of this content? Maybe just wishful thinking..but i guess i could screen shot my Xbox One Store and see where i purchased everything? Think that would help?

With real money it is probably logged. They havent added any form of inventory buyback yet, which means no, they arent keeping logs on ingame currency.

Then they definitely have record of my buying every edition of the game and multiple shard packs, which would warrant a refund/new dracolich. Hopefully they fix this for me, going to be sorely disappointing if after all i have spent on Trendy's games and they look the other way on a very minor fix. 

@Derek564 quote:

Then they definitely have record of my buying every edition of the game and multiple shard packs, which would warrant a refund/new dracolich. Hopefully they fix this for me, going to be sorely disappointing if after all i have spent on Trendy's games and they look the other way on a very minor fix. 

Just ask for a roll back to the last day you remember having it.

Not sure how many profile saves they have on each player. So I would just put in a ticked for that and not touch the game.

yeah... i've had that happen once or twice, i reported it about 18 months  back, lost the kirabear just days after getting it for the old monthly quest. Never heard back on my report.

6 months after, i did see some patch notes that said to the effect of "fixed a but that causes pet to disappear from inventory due to double clicking on pet"

Never did get a kirabear back or even hear back from them, but that was the old bug reporting system, maybe you'll have better luck than me, but don't hold your breath

A rollback would be less than ideal, as i have progressed two chaos trials since then and don't want to go through that again. Ugh, this sucks. RIP Dracolich

@Derek564 quote:

A rollback would be less than ideal, as i have progressed two chaos trials since then and don't want to go through that again. Ugh, this sucks. RIP Dracolich

What does that mean?  In one day you went up two Chaos Tiers?  Progress is one thing, but the pet and its value is probably more noticeable than time and energy in a 24 hour period.  I would recommend exactly what has been suggested previously.  

e.g.

Pet was gone on Wednesday.  

Last remember seeing him on Tuesday when you were feeding him.

Ask Trendy to roll your account back to Tuesday morning.  

Yes you'll lose that progress, but better to have him than not, amirite?

@Derek564 quote:

I'm in the same situation as you except I lost everything. Thing is I'm already at c6 compared to when my items got erased at c3. Not only that I bought packs before the erase and (after) this was before I knew a rollback would erase my after items. I've sent them proof of purchases before/after from my transaction history. 

Anyways I'm seeing a Trend here with Trendy haha get it Trend=Trendy. But yea they messing over players thats actually supporting them. 

@gnollmar quote:

Additional info ... picture proof of actually owning it. They have no way to know if you actually had it or are just another gold digger. Many people use support for getting things, not everyone actually lost something. The few times i have needed help from support I sent all the info I had and got support within 48 hours.

Did you actually check all your heroes? If you had another hero and right clocled by mistake then that hero would equip it. Did you delete any heroes lately?

They have plenty of proof. They just need to look at logs. Even if there were 30 million players who played and had massive inventories full of loot text files are so tiny they could easily back it up weekly without issue. Even as time goes on it would be non-issue to manage with a half intelligent system in place. Any developer that tells you otherwise is either so early into development and haven't added this feature (extremely early closed alpha), need to get their priorities straight, or is lying.

im sure they have logs of every transaction made. it may take them a few days but they can prob find out what happened

@Xengre quote:

@gnollmar quote:

They have plenty of proof. They just need to look at logs. Even if there were 30 million players who played and had massive inventories full of loot text files are so tiny they could easily back it up weekly without issue. Even as time goes on it would be non-issue to manage with a half intelligent system in place. Any developer that tells you otherwise is either so early into development and haven't added this feature (extremely early closed alpha), need to get their priorities straight, or is lying.

You clearly have no idea how programming works ... just logging every drop ive had and sold would take multiple gigabytes, now if you log everything from every player, that would be a terrible amount of data. Theres a reason games with buyback dont have infinite buyback. 

Xengre gnollmar

The conversation got me curious how much memory... so I got bored and tried to think of a reasonably compact yet descriptive way to keep track of the necessary information for buying back an item, and found about the shortest I could get it to was 32 bytes (or characters), including separators for parsing (and I may have missed needed values o.o)

On an average map I'm pretty sure we get at LEAST 30 items a run. I think 7 maps a day is reasonable for the average player base? That's like 2-3 hours of playing. So say maybe around 200 items a day for average players?

So given those numbers (although they're obviously EXTREMELY rough estimates, I tried to go on what I felt was the conservative side), that's about 6.25 kb per player, per day. Just using the average concurrent players for this last month of around 1700 people (this is the absolute minimum average number of unique players), that is about 10.4 mb a day of backups for the server, per day. And again, that should be an extremely conservative numbers. In reality it could be magnitudes larger, but not likely any smaller.

So... Take that information how you will.

• 1 day = abt 10.4 mb of buyback data
  • 7 days = abt 72.6 mb of buyback data
  • 30 days = abt 311.3 mb of buyback data

Edit: Shrunk values by an order of 2^10 cause I forgot kb somehow...

@gnollmar quote:

@Xengre quote:

@gnollmar quote:

You clearly have no idea how programming works ... just logging every drop ive had and sold would take multiple gigabytes, now if you log everything from every player, that would be a terrible amount of data. Theres a reason games with buyback dont have infinite buyback. 

I am familiar with programming (in fact you can actually find my threads from 2 years ago during a fiasco in which I busted Trendy hard, after much of the community didn't believe me, about a BS stun regarding an unnecessary wipe because they "lacked" a feature and couldn't complete it in time... then they accidentally admitted to it on Stream less then 24 hours later...).

It would not take multiple GB. A 1 billion digits of Pi text file is less than 1 GB... https://stuff.mit.edu/afs/sipb/contrib/pi/

This is before compression or any culling of unnecessary data and the data can be cheaply archived for virtually no cost on TB drives for years. The only issues are implementing efficient/fast search queries for data, detail of data presentation/available, and a few quality of life additions to such a system. None of this is difficult, either. Even a college student could accomplish this with basic programming skills and knowledge of data structures/Big O notation. Do tell me all about your programming knowledge though.

@xArcAngel quote:

Xengre gnollmar

The conversation got me curious how much memory... so I got bored and tried to think of a reasonably compact yet descriptive way to keep track of the necessary information for buying back an item, and found about the shortest I could get it to was 32 bytes (or characters), including separators for parsing (and I may have missed needed values o.o)

On an average map I'm pretty sure we get at LEAST 30 items a run. I think 7 maps a day is reasonable for the average player base? That's like 2-3 hours of playing. So say maybe around 200 items a day for average players?

So given those numbers (although they're obviously EXTREMELY rough estimates, I tried to go on what I felt was the conservative side), that's about 6.25 mb per player, per day. Just using the average concurrent players for this last month of around 1700 people (this is the absolute minimum average number of unique players), that is about 10.4 gb a day of backups for the server, per day. And again, that should be an extremely conservative numbers. In reality it could be magnitudes larger, but not likely any smaller.

So... Take that information how you will.

• 1 day = abt 10.4 gb of buyback data
  • 7 days = abt 72.6 gb of buyback data
  • 30 days = abt 311.3 gb of buyback data

Great post. I'm not sure of the format they use or what data they need to keep and how short it can be cut but as a rough estimate of 311 GB a month comes at under 4TB a year which is very doable. Thanks for the example.

@Xengre quote:

It would not take multiple GB. A 1 billion digits of Pi text file is less than 1 GB... https://stuff.mit.edu/afs/sipb/contrib/pi/

Well this is awkward... I thought that a billion digits seemed slightly high to be under 1 gb... So I tried converting it... When I converted it was well over 1 gb... and then I realized... I forgot Kb in my conversions @.@

So everything in the original post was off by a factor of 2^10... My bad lol. Correcting the post now. Kinda just reinforces your point though, seeing as that means it'd be less than 1 GB a month from my estimates (though, again, reality should be considerably larger than my estimates).

Do remember that those data need to be pulled out of a database if they are to be logged, every single string of stat on the item must then be logged, every item and item type to be logged, every usage of gold used on what and what gained it etc. ... remember why the launch was so laggy? They where having problems with too many people accessing and using ... the databases.

not to try to flame Trendy, but it occurs to me if you bought the pet through the store and not in game this should be easier to track. I had a similar problem a while back when I bought the skeleton skin pack for some reason I never received the apprentice skin, but I did receive the other 3 in my mailbox. Since I was able to show the purchase of the pack it was reasonable to assume I would get the skin I had paid for. A resolution was agreed in my case. Since you have progressed since the loss of the pet you may have to choose between keeping the progress or a roll back to where you last know you were in possession of the pet. I am not sure if it would be worth pursuing getting a new pet completely through Trendy as I am not sure if they would agree to this, but it might be worth inquiring about. 

@dizzydiana quote:

not to try to flame Trendy, but it occurs to me if you bought the pet through the store and not in game this should be easier to track. I had a similar problem a while back when I bought the skeleton skin pack for some reason I never received the apprentice skin, but I did receive the other 3 in my mailbox. Since I was able to show the purchase of the pack it was reasonable to assume I would get the skin I had paid for. A resolution was agreed in my case. Since you have progressed since the loss of the pet you may have to choose between keeping the progress or a roll back to where you last know you were in possession of the pet. I am not sure if it would be worth pursuing getting a new pet completely through Trendy as I am not sure if they would agree to this, but it might be worth inquiring about. 

Yeah, i am just about to break into C7 and definitely do not want to go through C5 again, as that was the most difficult tier for me yet. I don't care if they give me a level 1 dracolich at this point, i just want him back as my dps pet, i will figure out the pet levels/affection/rerolling later, i just want him back for his great ability. I just don't see why they don't realize how much money I've spent on this game and that i did truly have this pet. It's not like i'm saying i bought him with 10,000 defender medals and they should believe me that i have him. I have a verified purchase of each edition of this game, so why would they not just give me my pet back? I'm not a freeloader....just want my little dragon back. 

@gnollmar quote:

Do remember that those data need to be pulled out of a database if they are to be logged, every single string of stat on the item must then be logged, every item and item type to be logged, every usage of gold used on what and what gained it etc. ... remember why the launch was so laggy? They where having problems with too many people accessing and using ... the databases.

Yeah. That is why I said take that info as you will. I'm not very good with server management and access... Only servers I've ever had to mess with was writing some PHP pages that access it for my University (which is over 30k people... but it's web pages... so...), and pieces of some software using JSF that we tested by simulating only a couple hundred people accessing it simultaneously...

No clue how hard a couple of GB a day of extra info would affect the server performance for a game if I'm completely honest.

@xArcAngel quote:
@Xengre quote:

Well this is awkward... I thought that a billion digits seemed slightly high to be under 1 gb... So I tried converting it... When I converted it was well over 1 gb... and then I realized... I forgot Kb in my conversions @.@

So everything in the original post was off by a factor of 2^10... My bad lol. Correcting the post now. Kinda just reinforces your point though, seeing as that means it'd be less than 1 GB a month from my estimates (though, again, reality should be considerably larger than my estimates).

Thanks for updating the topic. I realized this morning something was off about the numbers but assumed they were right due to it being a very rough estimate, along with the effort you put in, and tired/lazy forgetting (until this morning) that this is with DD2's population. Yup, its quite insignificant so it really should be logged.

@gnollmar quote:

Keep in mind that pulling the data out of the database isn't an issue with a proper query system and formatting/indexing. It is non-issue. The data is already logged... when it spawns, enters our inventory, swaps equip slots/inventory, gets sold, etc. This is already happening. If it was laggy due to databases it was due to inefficient queries or some bug, not because of the type of problem at play here. Hell, MMOs do this already. Imagine something like WoW/FFXIV's logs or League of Legends (heatmaps/statistics/purchase history for real money or in game items/runes/masteries/chat/etc) and their millions of players. Far more complex then this.