Sign in to follow this  
TheCrystalDefender

Bastille Master Incursion C7 Glitch

I keep having issues with round 5 on this incursion...

At first I thought it was bad tower placement but it seems that the Crystal is spontaneously combusting... 

As soon as we start round 5 we just instantly get defeated before we even see anything show up on the map...

Trendy I can provide footage if needed but it seems to be something to do with round 5 as everything else is flawless...

I play with a well rounded group which we all have high end C7 gear... 22k relics and 7k armour for example! Also with a decent ascension levels being in the range of 200 - 300 so its not to our fault...

Please could you look into this as its disturbing progress on completion...

Cleared it solo with no problem a day ago. 

Some players do troll keep that in mind, 

had a full c7 team of players upgrading my anti-air towers while the wave was in progress and the kobolts were incoming, they upgraded a tier 1 tower to tier 5 and the game was over since the tower was essentially stunned.

Didn't understand this was how I kept losing c7 until the 2nd game when I witnessed it first hand. 

Also make sure players aren't standing anywhere that lines up with the core. Bad players aggro the kobolts with bad auto attacks and the kobolts fly to the player --- miss overhead --- and flyyyy allll the wayyyy to the core and kill it. 

Any information that you have would be greatly appreciated.  Feel free to post it here, but also submitting it to our bug site helps us keep track of things easier! :)

@TheCrystalDefender quote:

At first I thought it was bad tower placement but it seems that the Crystal is spontaneously combusting... 

As soon as we start round 5 we just instantly get defeated before we even see anything show up on the map...

Trendy I can provide footage if needed but it seems to be something to do with round 5 as everything else is flawless...

I play with a well rounded group which we all have high end C7 gear... 22k relics and 7k armour for example! Also with a decent ascension levels being in the range of 200 - 300 so its not to our fault...

Make sure you protect your core from the javelin snipers.  I had them spawn and attack the core right away.  A reflect wall helped solve that issue.

@TheCrystalDefender quote:

I know what this is but have to mind meld with myself to find out what the cause was. And If I am right its not a bug. Did this happen on round 4 sometimes too?

I remember!

this is caused by building at the bottom of the steps on the middle lane (the double lane on the defense version of the map) when hex throwers spawn. The issue is, hex throwers spawn and throw over the wall, however its very rare that you get hex throwers until round 5 (sometimes on round 4), and if they spawn in that lane your core is 100% dead.

The work around for this is simple. Spawn kill that lane, and build your walls at the top of the stairs, this simply forces any hex thrower to target the wall from the spawn location causing the angle of the spears to be completely harmless.

You could also attempt to make a "decoy" blockade on the elevated region directly opposite to this spawn location, however you would need to make 100% sure it would be the closest blockade to the spawn, if not it would not work as a decoy.. and would simply be a waste of time.

I had this happen twice today, once on wave 4 and once on 5.

I saw the Javelin thrower throw and die, kinda irked me tho. I had Hailstorms, vipers, pdt, all closer than the core, and then Javelin thrower went for the core, Like right as they walked out the door, didn't even make it to first proton beam.

Drathmar