Sign in to follow this  
Omegaknight

Blaze Balloon will replace WM as the craze next patch

If you saw the dev steam the BB were at 60 DU from 80 DU. AND there were little changes to the dmg.

Their crit dmg modifier is higher than WM as of now (reaching 900k easy) and they have a faster proc (.25 seconds instead of .4 from WM) and a range modifier in ascension stats.

Thus 2 balloons per lane (120 DU) instead of 1 full WM at 120 DU could potentially become the next craze.

What do you think?

I'd like to find out how useful blaze balloon will be with this patch but I have no belief that it will be the meta just for the fact that it won't hit kobolts. It seems much more likely that Flame Auras will replace WM since they are easy to use and effective for what you need in C7. 

@Plasma quote:

I'd like to find out how useful blaze balloon will be with this patch but I have no belief that it will be the meta just for the fact that it won't hit kobolts. It seems much more likely that Flame Auras will replace WM since they are easy to use and effective for what you need in C7. 

I thought FA would as well, but there were no changes that I noticed on the dev stream, and upgrading 4 FA's a lane will be a drag!

The BB can hit fliers. OFC the fliers won't pop the balloon but with all the mobs that spawn with it, the balloon popping is not an issue.

@MrSparkle quote:

No patch notes for it yet right? BB and lightning aura need changes.

Lightning strikes aura will only cost 20DU in the patch and it's targeting will be improved so it is definitely getting some love.

@Plasma quote:

@MrSparkle quote:

Lightning strikes aura will only cost 20DU in the patch and it's targeting will be improved so it is definitely getting some love.

Yeah! Finally it's usable. Can't wait for that harbinger passive to be a shard too for the LSA!

@Plasma quote:

@MrSparkle quote:

Targetting improvements is prioritization or is it related to it hitting air most of the time? If it is the latter then this might actually be a nice patch for it combined with DU decrease.