Sign in to follow this  
DarkkHero

Public Matchmaking - Wishlist

Here are a list of things I would love to see.

• 1) Unlimited number of kicks from Match creator.

So many AFK'ers join public games, and could care less what you think about it.

You can ask them nicely to contribute or leave, but few seldom do either.

We need a way to enforce this.

• 2) Special Loot for 4-Player Matches.

At the moment, besides wanting some companionship, there is Zero reason to do a public game.

It simply makes the match harder.

I would love to see special loot, weapons, shards, Cosmetics, that only drop from 4-player Matches.

• 3) Make Assassins Unable to Damage Cores.

The fact that players can run near cores, and kill your game....need I say more?

• 4) Incursions Scale Up to Chaos 7.

I applaud @Trendy for adding 4 "new" Chaos 7 maps, but C7 Incursions are DESPERATELY needed.

We are bored to tears!

4-Player Incursion only loot drops?! It sort of used to be a thing!

Remember farming 4-man Ramparts for the Armored Cleanser?

• 5) 4+ Player Only Matches

How about special Boss fights that you have to have 4+ players to do?

Special loot?

Betsy, Harbinger?

Anything I missed?  Emoji_Squire.png

Also more exp and gold per player, seems to be fair since more enemy hp per player. 

Farming for c7 gear for incursions would be awesome.

Good suggestions. Even if we can't have special loot, I'd still wish for higher drop rates of legendaries and a decent EXP bonus for playing in a match of 4. Increased difficulty should mean increased reward.

So every single Online Multiplayer game since the beginning of time alienates casuals, using that logic.

Solo players will never get Raid loot, and find other ways to enjoy a game.

You alienate your game by not giving social players incentives.

@Kambien quote:

#2 should never happen.  You alienate your casuals or solo play die hards.

Truthfully, you're always going to alienate someone in this scenario. Currently, multiplayer players are because they're doing more work with no additional reward, and we can see how that's playing out by looking at current public matches. The point is making it not feel like a requirement. Cosmetic skins don't fall into that category IMO, but I would agree with you if they put in functional upgrades that affect game play like some of the OP's suggestions.

That's why bonus chances at legendaries (if kept within reason) along with additional experience serves the best for this. It just needs to be enough to make it worth doing, but not enough to feel mandatory as long as the chance %'s are kept within reason.

@SMJ540 quote:

@Kambien quote:

Truthfully, you're always going to alienate someone in this scenario. Currently, multiplayer players are because they're doing more work with no additional reward, and we can see how that's playing out by looking at current public matches. The point is making it not feel like a requirement. Cosmetic skins don't fall into that category IMO, but I would agree with you if they put in functional upgrades that affect game play like some of the OP's suggestions.

That's why bonus chances at legendaries (if kept within reason) along with additional experience serves the best for this. It just needs to be enough to make it worth doing, but not enough to feel mandatory as long as the chance %'s are kept within reason.

Diablo 3 and several games have gone this route and it has burnt them dearly.  All of them have reverted these changes or made the difference minimal.  Such as 1 person now has an XP modifier of 1.75% and 4 persons 3.5%.  Drop rates being something similar.  

If the bonus item incentive was rare shards, sure.  However, gear chance increase should be avoided.

Now, I am sitting at about mid way through Chaos 6 gear now.  If this modifier existed I think it should have a cap such as - Player must successfully solo a C7 map on their own and THEN they get a modifier that can stack within a group of three other people.  If just given flatly to provide incentive to join multiplayer I just don't see it given how other games, triple A title games, have received nothing but flack.

Admittedly, I probably sound like I have taken the stance of a brick wall to this.  It's not that at all.  It's an idea that comes up in game forums and the idea behind it is never bad or ill intended; however, it can cause an immense amount of hardships.  You can't claim a solo player shouldn't earn the same rewards at the same rate as a full four player game because the solo player towers and skill at using characters may be very well above average, and you shouldn't hinder that player.

@DarkkHero quote:

So every single Online Multiplayer game since the beginning of time alienates casuals, using that logic.

Solo players will never get Raid loot, and find other ways to enjoy a game.

You alienate your game by not giving social players incentives.

Quite understandable where you are coming from.  Comparing this game to an MMO isn't very accurate.   Comparing this game to Diablo 3 MP would be much more accurate.  Raids require multiple players in an MMO because that is how the encounter is designed.  By comparison to DD2 the players and towers made up said players from a raid.  What if of the four people who join one is a builder/supporter and the other three are DPS and TANKS?  And the one person built the entire map.  In this case the calculation for gear reward should be based on the owner of the towers doing the most damage and the hero itself.  Because the most amount of work was done by the builder and the builders towers, not the DPS or Tank heroes.  Perhaps my logic is narrow sighted.

There is no raid loot for solo players in an MMO, the same can be said for a dungeon.  But also there is no bonus experience or drop modifier in an MMO.  It is all based on chance and whether or not the items are set by a loot table.  It's all based off drop tables and the percentage what item can drop.  So, MMO logic won't apply here.

@Kambien quote:

@SMJ540 quote:

@Kambien quote:

Diablo 3 and several games have gone this route and it has burnt them dearly.  All of them have reverted these changes or made the difference minimal.  Such as 1 person now has an XP modifier of 1.75% and 4 persons 3.5%.  Drop rates being something similar.  

If the bonus item incentive was rare shards, sure.  However, gear chance increase should be avoided.

Now, I am sitting at about mid way through Chaos 6 gear now.  If this modifier existed I think it should have a cap such as - Player must successfully solo a C7 map on their own and THEN they get a modifier that can stack within a group of three other people.  If just given flatly to provide incentive to join multiplayer I just don't see it given how other games, triple A title games, have received nothing but flack.

Admittedly, I probably sound like I have taken the stance of a brick wall to this.  It's not that at all.  It's an idea that comes up in game forums and the idea behind it is never bad or ill intended; however, it can cause an immense amount of hardships.  You can't claim a solo player shouldn't earn the same rewards at the same rate as a full four player game because the solo player towers and skill at using characters may be very well above average, and you shouldn't hinder that player.

Diablo 3 actually hasn't reverted the changes, just the initial nephelem buff from pre-expansion because of how poorly it was done. It's still much more rewarding to play multiplayer, and multiplayer continues to be the best route to quickly gear in seasons and farm bounties. This is why they're a good example about what I was talking about. They made it too rewarding to play multiplayer by giving too much of a bonus to XP and split farming bounties was incredibly efficient to the point of playing solo felt like you were gimping yourself. Gear has scaled so much in D3 that the increased damage and health from extra players isn't noticeable. DD2 isn't at that point. We need bonuses, but not to that extent, and that was my point.

See, I don't think rare shards is a better reward. If you're talking shards you can only get from multiplayer, that's much worse. If you're talking shards that everyone wants like power transfer, deadly strikes, etc. That's not as bad, but as a solo player I would definitely feel the need to go to multiplayer to avoid grinding and that's what you're trying to avoid. Keeping with "chances" at something in lower percentages, to me, sounds the most fair. The biggest qualm is honestly the lack of bonus experience for the extra work of larger health pools in multiplayer matches.

I have no problem with capping the chances, so I agree it shouldn't be given to leeches. A modifier like that is pretty similar to what I was suggesting, I never meant to imply it should be given to players outside of the content I.E. C1 players in C7 matches.

A solo player absolutely should earn the same rewards at the same rate as multiplayer IF the difficulty is the same. This is not the case currently, unless something is changed, and therefore should not get an identical reward. The decision behind what the reward is, is what dictates whether or not is a "hardship" to one group or the other. That's why I believe that reasonable chances at more loot or at the very least, bonus experience should be rewarded.