Sign in to follow this  
SnapBox

Acceleration for moving your character

It would be nice if your character had to accelerate just a little bit before moving at max speed.  Often times when I am up on a ledge and need to drop down to pick up an item that dropped, my character will launch forward (and sometimes straight into a pit) at max speed.  A little acceleration to reach max speed will also aid characters when they need to make fine tune adjustments for placing walls/reflect beams.  

I´d rather fall off a ledge to my death once in a while, than to have to watch my toon start slow and ramp up speed all the time.... and goodbye evasive maneuvers.

pretty sure though on DD1 it was like this - i don't ever recall running full speed immediately, there was certainly a little delay.

Great idea - so simple yet effective - trying to place towers up high often results in failure as you try to move a cm and just fall off! 

I'm thinking evasive maneuvers would still be possible, a very fast, sharp push with the joystick can negate the acceleration and just cause your character to move at full speed.  

I'm looking for more at small very slow adjustments to the joystick should not cause 100% max speed instantaneously.  When you are doing a slow gentle push on the joystick your character should start at a slower speed and accelerate to max from their.  

Also the acceleration should be very quick, as in you should reach max speed very very quickly.  No one wants to sit there for five seconds smashing the joystick forward just to get your character 10 feet away from the spawn.  

Small adjustments like this can make the entire game just feel better.  This would give players more skill and room to work with in making fine tune jumps to quickly make it to another barricade that is getting smashed by berserkers, as well as making it easier to fall off a small ledge.

I feel conquering small things like this would be great before moving on to huge and massive issues such as the almost unplayable ps4 frame rate issue the game has at the moment.

Well they are looking into controller deadzones, so your wish is definetely not implausable. Its just up to them to fill the deadzones with slower movement;)