Sign in to follow this  
Bones1505

Player challenges

I've noticed threads where people that have reached C7 say they are basically bored. The thing is that every game has an end point where there isn't much more to do before DLC, with this we wait for updates instead.

Considering how other games have the end is boring problem I'll take Dark Souls as an example with the no death runs and certain weapon only runs which prolong playtime without there being more game. Why don't players do the same in this game with self imposed DU runs or certain defences not allowed runs?

This should lengthen the playtime of the game and increase difficulty for those that want it.

Other players should also make suggestions for challenge playthroughs.

@Bones1505 quote:

-snip-

Some people DO do exactly what you said, and it works for them. As far as why I can't personally do it with this game...

Self imposed DU limits are just painful in this game. The DU already encourages you to use 2-3 towers in a build (one of those being a wall...). Limiting that DU essentially means 1-2 towers, making an already pretty simple game more simple, which takes away fun for me, not adds it.

And as far as changing builds and restricting towers... For me it just doesn't make the game feel very different for the most part. There are a few gimmicky builds that make it feel different, and add a little fun for a bit... But really in the end, how you as a player interact with the game with different builds is pretty much the same. You just more or less get different scenery.

I can't wait for them to balance all high cost units.  Yes they will do less damage, but they will cost less DU.  But all in all, it does feel constricting.  However, if Geodes weren't a 100% range deflect it would make so many more things viable.

Player challenges were cool and the fixed drops meant you could farm the best item outta it

Maybe suggest some ideas to their "mutators" in here

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/146874/your-thoughts-on-new-mutators?scrollTo=1290290&page=2#1290290

The game definitely needs more challenges and match modifiers outside of Chaos. Its great and all, but we need something else to shake things up. 

@DrkrZen quote:

The game definitely needs more challenges and match modifiers outside of Chaos. Its great and all, but we need something else to shake things up. 

They are already working on new modes - similar to that of survival from dd1 i believe. 

Lots of development going on behind the scenes i reckon and will roll out as and when they can.

If they rush it out and its "incomplete" well then everyone just makes posts about how bad it was and should have had more time spent making it

I would love some challenge daily's or weekly's.  Something like "build only walls", timed missions, things like that.

@PandynatorDD quote:

As you can easily beat C7 with 0 DU as a 4 man team, I don't see much other challenges to do><

You're having what I call the Borderlands problem. Playing with more players gives more dps in the group making the game too easy. Have you tried single player to add a bit of challenge whe no one watches your back?

If four can dps everything a challenge for you could be to go back to early campaign and get a bad weapon, then try C7. 

@Bones1505 quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

As you can easily beat C7 with 0 DU as a 4 man team, I don't see much other challenges to do><

You're having what I call the Borderlands problem. Playing with more players gives more dps in the group making the game too easy. Have you tried single player to add a bit of challenge whe no one watches your back?

If four can dps everything a challenge for you could be to go back to early campaign and get a bad weapon, then try C7. 

Hm yea, I think I will do the "turn my monitor upside down" challenge.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Bones1505 quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

Hm yea, I think I will do the "turn my monitor upside down" challenge.

I know you're making fun but it would add extras difficulty to the game. People play Dark Souls with Guitar Hero equipment so leave yourself at a physical disadvantage rather than a digital one.

I assume we can expect chaos-8 before too long, but other challenges and game modes would be useful.  The danger with adding new chaos levels is that it would make the climb seem awfully off-putting to new players - like some of mmorpgs that were fun when level 70 was the limit, but become rather less fun when they get to level 250!

I've reinstal DD yesterday (and buy it for my GF)  , it was so nice to have 5 difficulty level , hardcore mode , strategy mode ... i wish they add news game mode soon x(