Sign in to follow this  
Chappyy

explain how shard drops are supposed to work again?

So I just completed a chaos 3 map and I received one chaos three shard pack and one campaign shard pack. I open my chaos three shard packing hoping to get deadly strikes (the reason I am farming chaos three) and it gives me drenching strikes a campaign shard. I thought this was fixed? This is not the first time I received a wrong shard for the pack I am opening. This only compounds to the frustration that is grinding for shards.  It's crap like this that make doing anything other than my dailies so irritating.

No need to post a link to the bug report, I know where the location is.

@Fozzie quote:

Do your daily buy a shard pack

That doesn't change the fact that Trendy said they made it so only the tier of the shard pack would drop in order to reduce the percentage chance of shard drops. Now if the shards are still dropping from outside the tier range then it really isn't helping the chance to get the shards.

It's also not just about a deadly strikes shard. What about any shard that people are grinding for?  Believe it or not there are people that still need the DMs to buy other things then shard packs.  The point is the drop rate has not changed because the fix that was put in is not working.

Can't speak for your situation but I consistently get the correct shards in my packs for the tier I am in plus one lower tier shard.

I doubt you have actually been checking. Ever since last week when I noticed the incorrect shard I have been looking up ever shard drop I get. They aren't always out of place but every few packs I get the wrong tier.  See most people I bet are looking for a certain shard and open them and if it's not it they move on never knowing that they got the wrong one, only that they didn't get the one they wanted. 

@Chappyy quote:

I doubt you have actually been checking. Ever since last week when I noticed the incorrect shard I have been looking up ever shard drop I get. They aren't always out of place but every few packs I get the wrong tier.  See most people I bet are looking for a certain shard and open them and if it's not it they move on never knowing that they got the wrong one, only that they didn't get the one they wanted. 

So test it, write down the statistics and give them to TE?
Not much else you can do.

Personally I do what you said. So no I have no idea if I get something out a pack i should not. 

All I know is I consistently get a lot of C7 shards that I already have tons of.

@Chappyy quote:

I receive a shard from the chaos tier I am on or one below it (so if I am on 3 it will be either a Chaos 3 shard or a 1 or 2).  Seems to be fine to me.  I have all the C1-C6 shards done simply because of packs which is so much faster and more reliable (due to having more shards in a pack).

Again I don't need tips on how to get shards faster. I understand you can buy shard packs. What I would like is the game to work as intended.