Sign in to follow this  
Tempei

Trendy communicate with the players

@UNOWHO quote:

I would like to see a stream where the dev's play the game themselves.

So we have proof that they played it at least once.

Ummm..... they do.... every Friday or two, iamsiom has a Friday fun stream & plays DD2 while he answers questions for us.

During the actual Dev streams, they have been playing the game for at least the last 2 - 4. You CAN go back & watch the dev streams & see when they play game. You can watch them all here: https://www.twitch.tv/trendyent/videos/all

Trendy also has a Remote Playtest group that they interact with & get feedback on new content before release on a somewhat regular basis (couple times a month, maybe?) They also have a Remote Quality Assurance group they interact with that is constantly testing for bugs & testing new content even before the RPG group gets to it.

If you fee like Trendy isn't doing enough, maybe you can join one of these two groups & help them out.

Community Manager = not really a dev.

And as far as those groups go.

Well we all know how well thats working out for them.

I want to see the actual decision makers for DD2 playing the game and experiencing 

the state of it first hand.

@UNOWHO quote:

I want to see the actual decision makers for DD2 playing the game and experiencing 

Isom is a paid employee of Trendy Entertainment. That makes him part of the development team. If you knew the history of Trendy, you would know that Josh Isom has had a few prominent roles at Trendy.  Elandrian watches the gameplay & even plays the game himself. He even says so from time to time. Elandrian even used to be a fan of DD2 Before he started working for them.

There goes your argument. I am done with you.

@Kruntski quote:

I would like it if a Trendy employee could tuck me into bed each night and whisper dev updates into my ear as I fall asleep.

Emoji_Kobalt.png-....(when you Gobu, we have buffed the legion, and doubled the size of rollers -ehehh- sshhhh sleep little one..)

@UNOWHO quote:

You can

watch yourself when you play.

What is this obsession you guys are having? 

Trendy is a company with various people in various positions, seriously you want to see them up close and personal?

Google where they are and go watch them. But remember to blame yourselves when you get arrested for stalking.

But I know some peeps from Trendy will enjoy it... you pervs... You know who you are!

@specialK quote:

Trendy is a company with various people in various positions, seriously you want to see them up close and personal?

I could not care less about the individuals at trendy ent.

Because this is not about them.

This is about having the dev's realize the state of the game and perhaps figure out what needs to be done about it.

Instead of just relying on feedback from fanboys and the likes.  

I'm sorry if i want this game to be more than it currently is.

I guess thats just me being selfish.

@UNOWHO quote:

@specialK quote:

I could not care less about the individuals at trendy ent.

because this is not about them.

This is about having the dev's realize the state of the game and perhaps figure out what needs to be done about it.

Instead of just relying on feedback from fanboys and the likes.  

I'm sorry if i want this game to be more than it currently is.

I guess thats just me being selfish.

No I do not think you want the game to be more. You want it to be less.

What makes you think they do not know the state of the game? Do you understand that they are the ones developing it, so by definition they are the only ones that know the state of it?

Everyone wants this game to be better.

It is that only a few understand what actually that means.

Yes you can come here everyday and go against the game and the devs, or you haven't understood yet that this is what the majority is doing?

How helpful do you think it is when someone comes in these forums and start demanding the devs pay attention to him, to have his questions answered (which have been a million of times), to swear at the devs, yeah you are making this place an excellent space for the devs to come and read.

Forums, is the place where people come to discuss ideas. It has been since ancient years. Not a place where people come to express their rage.

There is a difference, between talking and proposing ideas, and raging about how you cannot beat that, or you do not like a certain aspect of the game. And even for the second part, there is a correct way to express how in your opinion this does not help.

Correct way. Post about your concerns, give examples, showcase why it would be better, show your support.

Incorrect way. Basically what is happening. Post after post, about how Trendy are the bad guys, about how much they don't care. Do you guys ever stop and realise what you are writing?

If these are fans of the game, I cannot imagine what the enemies of the game would be like? Throw bombs at their HQ?

Seriously. 

@UNOWHO quote:

Erm.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Ps.

Sarcasm, because stoning people to death is illegal.

Exactly what I am saying.

It's not my fault you're easily offended.

Maybe you should go sit in a corner, cry and write a song about it ?

@UNOWHO quote:

Yeah probably I should, thanks for the idea. Anything you have to say on the game? Cause this a forum for the game, not your personal gripe

@UNOWHO quote:

Isnt that what youre doing when you complain about trendy?

Constructive criticism and comments are more than welcome, but please keep it civil between one another.  Name calling and insults do not add to the conversation. Any further violations of the FORUM RULES will be handled accordingly.

@MentyPlz quote:

Isnt that what youre doing when you complain about trendy?

Thats exactly what i'm doing. 

I wont deny it.

The way i see it is.

If i do not have the right to complain. 

Neither does he about the fact that i'm complaining. 

@specialK quote:

No I do not think you want the game to be more. You want it to be less.

What makes you think they do not know the state of the game

?Maybe the part where they take one step forward and two steps backwards with these updates they are making? 

Do you understand that they are the ones developing it, so by definition they are the only ones that know the state of it?

So you think the community doesn't know the state of the game,the rage posts are a joke?The people saying the game is ruined? Of course they won't know the state of the game they're just the people who play it(Sarcasm).

Everyone wants this game to be better.

(I Agree so Trendy let us help, make a stream dedicated to Q n A where we discuss the best ways to fix current problems in the game, it maybe a hour of a dev teams time but if it prevents them from making a month of pointless coding just to create another problem it is worth the hour of their time every 2 weeks)

It is that only a few understand what actually that means.

Yes you can come here everyday and go against the game and the devs, or you haven't understood yet that this is what the majority is doing?

(Good people are grouping up and discussing what they hate about the game now the game devs know what the majority of their playerbase problem is so they can fix it in one go , that won't happen if no one complains, nothing in this world ever gets changed by people not speaking up or how you put it complain.)

How helpful do you think it is when someone comes in these forums and start demanding the devs pay attention to him, to have his questions answered (which have been a million of times), to swear at the devs, yeah you are making this place an excellent space for the devs to come and read.

Because big changes in this world happens by people whispering and being calm not by the angry mob who unite with others suffering to rise up and spread their message, your totally correct (Sarcasm)

Forums, is the place where people come to discuss ideas. It has been since ancient years. Not a place where people come to express their rage.

Rage is a emotions, so you don't want people to express how they feel about the game?

There is a difference, between talking and proposing ideas, and raging about how you cannot beat that, or you do not like a certain aspect of the game. And even for the second part, there is a correct way to express how in your opinion this does not help.

(The correct way to express your opinion is the same way of getting it heard and remembered that is the only correct way)

Correct way. Post about your concerns, give examples, showcase why it would be better, show your support.

Trendy can show their support by making a devstream dedicated to hearing out the support of players it shows that they care about what we say and it gives us their take on the ideas to make it better and to make more suggestions

Incorrect way. Basically what is happening. Post after post, about how Trendy are the bad guys, about how much they don't care. Do you guys ever stop and realise what you are writing?

Because the black man told the white man once,that what they were doing to his race is a bad thing .The white man surely listened that one time and that was enough for the white man to call truce...

If these are fans of the game, I cannot imagine what the enemies of the game would be like? Throw bombs at their HQ?

People who love America are protesting terrible political changes and suggesting better ideas, people who don't already left.

Seriously.  

Hello,
Late to the party and by no means am I trying to re-hash any part of the original two pages - or their points (with merit or not).  That being said...

It's great to see so many posts from fans who are passionate about DD2.  Several come with a background from DD1 or some from DDE.  This delight and joy we have had or hold in previous or current iterations is an accolade for Trendy that speaks mountains.  I think it is for these exact reasons why a few, not the majority, are repeating their distaste for certain game mechanics or elements - because there is passion for this game and a belief and vision from Trendy and from our own experiences of what it could be.  

Kudos for Trendy for connecting with players in such a way.

That being said, the official launch is now passed.  In terms of "computer time" almost four weeks is the equivalent of three months - at the rate of PC component depreciation and new toys (upgrades), of course.  I do agree that Trendy should go back to their Dev Stream and at least have it on a schedule of once a month; that being said, I think a generalized forum post of "what's coming / what's happening" is also just fine and visuals are not a necessity.

Moving on from that point...

I believe those who have grown somewhat negative, the few I mention earlier who - no offense - litter the forums with their responses in posts and new posts and bumping posts and adding to posts to bump their posts and make their silly, childish demands - yes, I was also one of you about 9 months ago, worse than most of you to be frank - can honestly say you need to slow down and start being constructive.  Your demands are not even opinions and I don't see how any remark or response to them helps.  If you're posting with such emotional passion let it be constructively.

Now you can bash me and respond, "You can't shut down my opinion!  I am taking it to dah man! And gonna just" blah blah blah about your opinion.  Yes, you have a right to one.  However, you need to be sensible and understand the common sense or root of what you want to know or need guidance with any get away from being a zealot.  That has never done anyone any good, even those who patiently wait for said updates or information.

This thread is like every other the few keep posting or adding this same type of trend to other threads, we've heard it.  Trendy has heard it.  The player base has heard it.  Keep it simple, ask for when the next update will come.  Ask if we will be given any hints about that update.  Ask if they can give a clue as to any form of bugs that may be addressed.  Heck ask about man and machine again LOL  But don't spin your demand or your opinion, you don't own or owe this company.  Be mature about it (mature at your physical age not your mental age).

My two cents... (add several dollars).

@Kambien quote:

And gonna just" blah blah blah about your opinion. 

Ok then. 

Besides the attempt to diffuse the situation your post really adds nothing to this thread.

@UNOWHO quote:

Thats exactly what i'm doing. 

I wont deny it.

The way i see it is.

If i do not have the right to complain. 

Neither does he about the fact that i'm complaining. 

That doesn't even rhyme...