Sign in to follow this  
Tempei

Trendy communicate with the players

Can you guys do a dev stream every week or other week to keep us up to date on what your working on and answer questions that the community is dieing to know.

@Tempei quote:

Can you guys do a dev stream every week or other week to keep us up to date on what your working on and answer questions that the community is dieing to know.

This, pleaaaaase this

@Telepath quote:

@Tempei quote:

This, pleaaaaase this

like seriously i would like to know if your taking this gear progression system seriously as everyone in the community is or are you focusing on all your resources on a new character,and not patching up mistakes already in the game.I would like to know this because i want to know if i should take a break from this game because the problem that is hurting this game is shards and gear progression and you as a company should be transparent on what your working on.You ask as to leave feedback on the game yet we don't hear YOUR FEEDBACK on what your doing or what you think of our suggestions.

@Tempei quote:

@Telepath quote:

@Tempei quote:

This, pleaaaaase this

like seriously i would like to know if your taking this gear progression system seriously as everyone in the community is or are you focusing on all your resources on a new character,and not patching up mistakes already in the game.I would like to know this because i want to know if i should take a break from this game because the problem that is hurting this game is shards and gear progression and you as a company should be transparent on what your working on.You ask as to leave feedback on the game yet we don't hear YOUR FEEDBACK on what your doing or what you think of our suggestions.

Are you serious bro? Not a few hours ago iamisom responded to so many messages. They ve been nothing but transparent. Stop being such a spoiled brat and read the forum. And if in doubt, take a break.

@specialK quote:

@Tempei quote:

@Telepath quote:

@Tempei quote:

This, pleaaaaase this

Are you serious bro? Not a few hours ago iamisom responded to so many messages. They ve been nothing but transparent. Stop being such a spoiled brat and read the forum. And if in doubt, take a break.

I'm a spoiled brat because I want to know what the future of the game is going to be? What? Instead of responding to individual message he should send a message to the public through a devstream, that does not make me spoiled for asking that it makes it efficient. You won't be able to respond to everything on the forum but you can send a message to the whole community through a weekly devstream.So I'm sorry not sorry that i criticized Trendy for how they approach things but enough is enough they taken so many steps forwards and twice as many backwards this is because they didn't communicate with the community what they were doing so we couldn't stop them before it was fully published rather then them suggesting an idea and the community nitpicking all the cons of it in hope for a better solution.

@Tempei quote:

@specialK quote:

@Tempei quote:

@Telepath quote:

@Tempei quote:

This, pleaaaaase this

I'm a spoiled brat because I want to know what the future of the game is going to be? What? Instead of responding to individual message he should send a message to the public through a devstream, that does not make me spoiled for asking that it makes it efficient. You won't be able to respond to everything on the forum but you can send a message to the whole community through a weekly devstream.So I'm sorry not sorry that i criticized Trendy for how they approach things but enough is enough they taken so many steps forwards and twice as many backwards this is because they didn't communicate with the community what they were doing so we couldn't stop them before it was fully published rather then them suggesting an idea and the community nitpicking all the cons of it in hope for a better solution.

No you are a spoiled brat because you want ansewrs on your message, where if you take the time to read the forum all these questions are answered more than a few times. Dig in.

Some time ago they had devstreams every 2 weeks. After some time those devstreams became rather shallow because the devstreams happened too often while there just was nothing new to talk about. Since development is not that fast, weekly devstreams would turn out rather boring. Trende would lose time (maybe 3 persons with 1 hour devstream + 1 additional our for preparations or postprocessing means 6 working hours) while we would most likely repeat the same questions every week.

@specialK quote:

@Tempei quote:

No you are a spoiled brat because you want ansewrs on your message, where if you take the time to read the forum all these questions are answered more than a few times. Dig in.

So instead of broadcasting to the whole DD2 by doing a devstream on twitch they're way of communicating is in the forums.Communicating in the forums is nice but you can only do so much.You can't visually show people what you're doing your not answering live questions, your not pooling in the heads of your whole player base in the twitch chat for ideas or what could be wrong with it. Politicians don't compaign by knocking on every house and telling what they're going to do they make official announcements and group events when they do it to voice it out louder.That is what Trendy needs to do.

So you searched through the forums, and found no place for your questions, watched all the previous devstreams and still have more questions. Well this is the place to put them. I too would want a devstream every hour, but we are talking about people. I bet they also want to do more, but hey, the game is out 3 weeks now, they are having a hell with the servers, the last thing they need is another child going ballistic on them. Calm down. Devstreams are happening, devs are answering regularly on the forums. Have you watched the launch day dev stream? A lot of things were discussed there. You are not helping anyone by demanding more and more without understanding what they are giving. What Trendy needs to do is keep doing what they are doing, and what you need to do, is calm down.

i agree the have answered zero tickets, zero forum questions. and really givin us nothing really so i 10/10 this post

@specialK quote:

So you searched through the forums, and found no place for your questions, watched all the previous devstreams and still have more questions. Well this is the place to put them. I too would want a devstream every hour, but we are talking about people. I bet they also want to do more, but hey, the game is out 3 weeks now, they are having a hell with the servers, the last thing they need is another child going ballistic on them. Calm down. Devstreams are happening, devs are answering regularly on the forums. Have you watched the launch day dev stream? A lot of things were discussed there. You are not helping anyone by demanding more and more without understanding what they are giving. What Trendy needs to do is keep doing what they are doing, and what you need to do, is calm down.

Changes won't get made if you agree with what they are doing every single time.I agree this is a place where we ask questions but this ISN'T the BEST PLACE to answer them. If you expect people to click every forum post and read whats going on and all the feedback from players in search for answer your out of your mind.It's the community manager to summarize the problems the community has given and give it to the dev's and it's their job to address it and give solutions or ask for solutions by player and if they approve or not. Mods on forum posts saying "We are addressing it" does not help anyone.A better answer would be how your addressing it.If years ago they said we are addressing the problem with people reaching max by leeching max lvl games" and like you being a child and agreeing with them and believing every word they say.Then they come out with this system where you have to change gear EVERY SINGLE WAVE to get a upgrade you would wish you told the Devs before they spent countless of months on this project when all you had to do is express why THAT SYSTEM IS A BAD IDEA. The last thing is not a person going ballistic on them the last thing they need is another month of process of fixing a problem and making 4 more problems.

I, too, think it would be fun to see regular dev streams again. Maybe once a month? In the meantime, 

I think Isom is still doing Friday fun streams 1:00 PM EST (somewhere around that time, anyway) either every week or every other week.

Tbh this is kind of a meh idea simply because i rarly ever go on twitch nor do i care to buy twitch prime so i don't get bombarded with ads. i don't really care for this idea or really support it im fine with communication on the forums simply because i don't have to see ads about toilet paper or hear DUCE DUCE DUCES WILD ever 5 mins. While i like the idea i feel it best be put to the forums or heck even small showcases on youtube. 

To be fair to the original poster, their last dev stream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/155596720) had a calendar at the very beginning saying that there was supposed to be a dev stream a couple of days ago on Friday, and next week Friday too (suggesting weekly streams).  

That said, I am pretty new to watching the streams, and with titles like world domination and brunch, I am not entirely sure that the dev stream calendar isn't some big inside joke.

they dont need to post a stream every week. They could even do bi-weekly dev forum post to have a single post going over where they are at, plans for immediate future, answering questions etc. They do respond to posts where they feel it is needed, but without looking through every single post ever made its hard to find the issues they have already responded to. If this could be put in one place and pinned it would be so much easier for everyone. 

@specialK quote:

First to be fair about this I just read the dev log. Yes he posted no he didn't do what the OP had asked for. Most of his posts are not even talking about fixes unless it was xbox or Ps4. A lot of them were even commentary about the topic.

As far as a regular dev stream I kind of agree with the general consensus that since there is no major development then there isn't going to be enough info to have a good dev stream. I watched the last "friday fun stream" with Isom and I like that idea that the community manager is playing and talking to the community.

The real win would be to actually post substance on the boards as per the OP request. However Trendy has always had a policy of not talking about patches or changes until they are released. This is not transparent. Transparent would be for example the game subnautica. They have a dev tracker showing who is working on what and what status the task is in. I'm not asking for that but I think once a week a forum post about the work is going on what fixes would be nice.

Looks like you need some DD2 discord action. With this one trick, you too can be part of the leak train! Our community manager hates it!

@Javahawk quote:

Looks like you need some DD2 discord action. With this one trick, you too can be part of the leak train! Our community manager hates it!

The legion tries hard to take over space in the discord, gobu. We can confirm that sometimes a rare hawk appears and posts random gobu stuff.

Also appearing are elandrians which post random memes.

Sometimes isoms too but he fears it because everyone asks for cooking strim.

Then there is ice, you actually can trigger ice all the time by just saying the server are dying. He will then appear instantly, gobu.

Emoji_Goblin.pngEmoji_GobHuntress.pngEmoji_Kobalt.png

@Chappyy quote:

@specialK quote:

First to be fair about this I just read the dev log. Yes he posted no he didn't do what the OP had asked for. Most of his posts are not even talking about fixes unless it was xbox or Ps4. A lot of them were even commentary about the topic.

As far as a regular dev stream I kind of agree with the general consensus that since there is no major development then there isn't going to be enough info to have a good dev stream. I watched the last "friday fun stream" with Isom and I like that idea that the community manager is playing and talking to the community.

The real win would be to actually post substance on the boards as per the OP request. However Trendy has always had a policy of not talking about patches or changes until they are released. This is not transparent. Transparent would be for example the game subnautica. They have a dev tracker showing who is working on what and what status the task is in. I'm not asking for that but I think once a week a forum post about the work is going on what fixes would be nice.

Waiting for it to be released to discuss about it is a very bad idea and not transparent I also like to add on this.As i stated before waiting for it to be released then having a dev stream showcasing the changes is like a very hard gamble because if it's a terrible change you spent X amount of days  for something your community could of easily made a better solution and even a faster alternative to fixing the problem.A problem like equipping shards on the gear if you would of told the community this is what's going to happen I would of called out "Hey this is a terrible idea since we got to switch out gear every wave to get an upgrade how about just equip it on the gear slot and not the gear itself" things like this could of easily be prevented if ya were transparent with what you were doing.

I'm going to end this sentence with this. 

Rather then building the future of Dungeon Defenders 2 with the community , Trendy is deciding what's best for the community.When the community knows whats best for the community because we actually play the game on hours upon hours. Trendy be Transparent let us help, this is all i'm asking for just make a dev stream every 2 weeks that is only 1 hour long showcasing what you have in store for the future of the game and let us help.

Just to re-iterate what [[12589,users]] said...  We used to do streams every two weeks, but it usually degraded into minimal news updates and mostly Q&A that just answered the same questions that had been answered countless times before, week by week... by week.  

We're trying to make sure that the actual Devstreams have more news and are more impactful, instead of just being meaningless stream noise.  Devstreams take time and effort out of team members that are usually working on other features and/or teams.  The newest host of the Devstreams (yours truly) is involved with many different aspects of development as a Producer and sometimes we need to prioritize how we spend our time accordingly in order to make sure that we're working on the issues that people are concerned about.

Another thing to remember, is that while some gameplay changes might seem shallow and easy to execute on the surface from a player perspective, it might be a different development reality altogether for us to execute on.  This is one thing I've learned first-hand from transitioning from DD2 player to developer.

We have many different avenues of communication with our dev team, with streams only being one of them, so please engage in talking to us on the forums, our official Discord server, mentioning our account on Twitter, and submitting support tickets when you have issues.

I would like to see a stream where the dev's play the game themselves.

So we have proof that they played it at least once.

I would like it if a Trendy employee could tuck me into bed each night and whisper dev updates into my ear as I fall asleep.