Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

A Wild Lawlta Appears: Community Coordinator Edition!

Hey all, I'd like to introduce myself:  I'm Alec "Lawlta" Saare, and I've recently joined Trendy as a Community Coordinator, I'll be working with [[4370,users]] to help with community management and involvement!  With the recent official release of the game, there has been a surge in the player base that has been both fantastic and a bit overwhelming.  I'm here to help with the ease of these growing pains and make everyone's lives a little easier as the game moves forward.

A little bit about my background:  I've been playing video games since I was four, "no life'd" several MMORPG releases, have a degree in Computer Graphics Technology from Purdue University (Boiler Up!), and drink way too many energy drinks.  In regards to my position here at Trendy, I have experience in moderating and managing various large communities, with games starting from their beta phases to years after release.  The titles I've worked with are Wildstar (Carbine Studios MMORPG), Neverwinter Online (Perfect World MMORPG), and helped grow the MMORPG community over on Reddit.

I've always been a huge fan of tower defense games, staying up until the sun came up playing flash-made tower defense games on New Grounds when I was younger, to sinking a lot of hours into Dungeon Defenders 1, and now sinking time into Dungeon Defenders 2.  My goal is to understand where different tiers of players are coming from, and by having this understanding, be able to communicate effectively what issues players are running into (both technical and design), either it be a more casual crowd progressing through the campaign, or the hardcore farming C7.

I'm constantly on the forums here, the Dungeon Defenders subreddit, and the Steam discussion boards for the game.  I'll be acting as a bridge to get the issues you as a community are encountering into the hands of the developers so they are able to fix the most important issues as soon as they possibly can; as well as getting word out from the developers to all of you.  Currently getting my feet wet, I'll be ramping up my presence to help add to the greatness of the community!

Welcome aboard.

Hope you have great time at TE. Looking forward to some more communication from TE. Hopefully "design" choices and so on. Which has been a bit lacking. 

Why does TE do X? What is the reason behind Y? Etc.

What is your favorite hero?

(... ... ...)

Emoji_Goblin.pngEmoji_GobHuntress.pngEmoji_Kobalt.png

The legion is saying Gobu at you. Welcome to Trendy and to us. We expect great deeds of you but don't overwork. Take please care of Isom, he needs to cuddle more and feel more love. The legion sometimes gets the feeling he is overworking way to much.

So please hug him, gobu.

Mission 1:

Hug Isom

Worth:

5xp, +2 companionship, +2 friendship

Additional:

- Isom receives 5 Soul healing through a hug

- The legion is big, hugging is a part of the legion and this mission comes from the legion, so you will receive an additional hugging bonus for the whole next week

- Gobu

Please Check out this thread i made

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/146542/fixing-all-of-dd2-with-these-ideas

This discusses great and inventive ideas to huge current problems the game is facing.I hope you do read, i have put a lot of thought into it.

@PandynatorDD quote:

Welcome aboard.

Hope you have great time at TE. Looking forward to some more communication from TE. Hopefully "design" choices and so on. Which has been a bit lacking. 

Why does TE do X? What is the reason behind Y? Etc.

What is your favorite hero?

Thanks; I'll do my best to fill those gaps with the resources available; Squire aesthetically because I love playing tanks, but huntress (at the moment) because of sniping ability across the entire map when things get hectic.

@dreamanime quote:

-snip-gobu-

Mission 1:

Hug Isom

Best I can do right now.

cYdF7EV.png

@Baba-Kaboom quote:

@k2aves quote:

*poke* he's squishy

*poked x2* hard as F :)

It's like an on/off switch I guess!

Hello. Thanks for your introduction. I hope acclimation goes well.

I assume you have already read a bit through the forums so you are aware there is a (whole) lot of complaining about game design/balance, lag, etc.

A lot of the current problems have alreaddy pointed out early 2015, so a part of those who are still here are accordingly frustrated. This part might be rather hard to reconstruct because the forum software makes it hard to use the search function. It is nearly impossible to search for anyting from last year. (if you see something you want to remember, better save the link somewhere)

Besides that... I'm pretty sure a lot of people will cheer about the fact that you have played DD1 since this there is a lot of comparison and some people (including me) still don't understand why stuff, that worked in DD1, is not working in DD2.

I'm glad there is an additional community manager. Isom's way of communication with the community is awesome but even he cannot do all of this as long as the day hasn't more than 24 hours.

@Dreizehn quote:

Isom's way of communication with the community is awesome

This gave me cancer. Have you checked the forum lately? Instead of replying to topics where lots of people are making up ideas which could help in satisfying the playerbase he replies to topics about "what is your favourite drink". He was awesome months ago, agreed.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I don't see what else you can do other than moderating the masses.

"I'll be acting as a bridge to get the issues you as a community are encountering into the hands of the developers so they are able to fix the most important issues as soon as they possibly can; as well as getting word out from the developers to all of you."

It's not like we are talking in ancient sanskrit, we don't need someone who can translate our thoughts to the developers, we need developers who care about them. They only need to read any of the last few topics about number one problems and solution ideas and they can see what we were crying about for months. It's not rocket science, it only depends on their attitude.

You are welcome of course, I hope you'll have a pleasant time here.

Welcome aboard Lawlta! I am sure Josh & TE will appreciate the help!

Looking forward to getting to know you! 

Some questions for ya:

Have you played DD2 before?

Have you played DD1?

What is your favorite DD2 map?

What is your favorite thing in the world?

What is your favorite thing about DD2?

Will you be able to keep [[3957,users]] in check? ;-)

@Murdash quote:
@Dreizehn quote:

Isom's way of communication with the community is awesome

This gave me cancer. Have you checked the forum lately? Instead of replying to topics where lots of people are making up ideas which could help in satisfying the playerbase he replies to topics about "what is your favourite drink". He was awesome months ago, agreed.

You are laying things on Josh which aren't his choices to make. Community managers are only allowed, legally, to discuss certain intimate development topics with the fans. Companies will loosen and tighten those strings at various points before/after release windows and major patches, and there would be serious repercussions if he defied their current mandates.

Right now, with full launch, I'm sure there's a sort of hush mandated for some features. And on the developer side: they don't ask him to go quiet on topics in order to keep secrets from the fans. There are, more often than not, very good reasons to keep stuff under wraps. Part of it being, as demonstrated a lot lately: how overzealous the fan reaction can be when stuff doesn't go exactly as promised. Even despite that, the devs themselves do respond on here quite a bit. Not all devs do that. They just don't often go into crazy detail or give exact timelines; for the aforementioned reasons of course. They know better.

Josh has shown us, for countless years now, that he is willing to be as open as he possibly can be. He genuinely gives a damn about the playerbase, and I can say from experience that he conveys our concerns to the development teams as best he can. Most of the countless changes in DD1, DDE, and DD2 have been direct results of him and his former community manager teammates pushing our concerns to the development team. Taking all our posts from the forums, weeding out the constructive from the rambling, and compiling them together so the devs can see exactly what's wanted most.

I'm glad to see he has help in doing this again, as the playerbase has grown more than expected with the full launch and XB1 release. I'm wishing a heartfelt welcome to Alec, and I'm sending happy thoughts and hopes of solidarity to every member of this forum.

Welcome Lawlta. Very nice to see TE growing. I really wish you all success!!

If you need some help playing the game, let us know. There is a lot of good people always ready to help in our Community.

All the best!

Welcome Lawlta! I have but one question for you.

Would you consider yourself a cow enthusiast?

How did you come up with your name?  And if it is a character from a book or comic, why did you connect with it?  If from a character from another game, tell us the background?

Welcome to the community and Trendy!

@Dreizehn quote:

I'm glad there is an additional community manager. Isom's way of communication with the community is awesome but even he cannot do all of this as long as the day hasn't more than 24 hours.

Then he is weak, and I will empower him, haha.  Thanks for the warm welcome!

@SpiderDanX quote:

Have you played DD2 before?

Yes, but not as much as I would have liked.  On my personal account, I'm progressing through Chaos 3 right now.

Have you played DD1?

I did, specifically with a close group of friends.  Thoroughly enjoyed it, loved how fun and challenging it was (for us at least), but also how serious it didn't take himself (squire <3)

What is your favorite DD2 map?

A favorite really depends on the mood I'm in.  I will say that I do love the DD1 throw backs, hitting me right in the nostalgia.

What is your favorite thing in the world?

Just one thing... uh... whew that's rough.  Free pizza > My wife > Free Tacos.  In that order.

What is your favorite thing about DD2?

Katkarot.

Will you be able to keep Elandrian in check? ;-)

I have a foolproof plan of using Michael McDonald (both the singer and Mad TV actor) fan art and tacos to do this.

@mmaakk quote:

Welcome Lawlta. Very nice to see TE growing. I really wish you all success!!

If you need some help playing the game, let us know. There is a lot of good people always ready to help in our Community.

All the best!

That's one of my favorite things about this community.  I have dealt with MMO communities in the past, which is a different kind of beast.  

@gigazelle quote:

Welcome Lawlta! I have but one question for you.

Would you consider yourself a cow enthusiast?

Uh, I don't want a cow, but I do want a steak.

@Kambien quote:

How did you come up with your name?  And if it is a character from a book or comic, why did you connect with it?  If from a character from another game, tell us the background?

My first character in Guild Wars was named Alta (first two letters being my first two initials), just something I came up with.  Went to play WoW during vanilla, the name was taken, and making it "lawl" just came to mind.  It's what I've gone with ever since.  If that needs a background, we'll go with favorite comedian murdered in front of him in an alley as a boy, Lawrence L Tallymantallymebanana, took up a mantle to fight crime.  It's not in print anymore.

@Lawlta quote:
@Kambien quote:

My first character in Guild Wars was named Alta (first two letters being my first two initials), just something I came up with.  Went to play WoW during vanilla, the name was taken, and making it "lawl" just came to mind.  It's what I've gone with ever since.  If that needs a background, we'll go with favorite comedian murdered in front of him in an alley as a boy, Lawrence L Tallymantallymebanana, took up a mantle to fight crime.  It's not in print anymore.

Thanks for the response! :D

I completely miss GW.  Monk was my favorite class.  Really wish they didn't do away with healers in GW2.

What was your first class in WoW?  

What is your preferred character to play in DD1 and DD2?

Tacos -> Chicken or Beef

@Kambien quote:

Thanks for the response! :D

I completely miss GW.  Monk was my favorite class.  Really wish they didn't do away with healers in GW2.

What was your first class in WoW?  

What is your preferred character to play in DD1 and DD2?

Tacos -> Chicken or Beef

In vanilla, Troll Rogue to 21, Troll Hunter twinked at 49 for 8 months, and then finally Tauren Warrior to 60 when I actually started my life as a tank/support and never looked back.

Squire in DD1, and so far I can't settle on just one preferred character in DD2, I'm always conflicted when setting my deck, haha.  Aesthetically though, I'm all about the Lavamancer.

Tacos - Steak > Beef > Chicken; Burritos - Shredded chicken

Lavamancer looks good and its wall is pretty nice. C7 hardcore players have no challenges atm but my main wall is Lavamancer's Maw with 20.1 mil fully upgraded. Only 1 per lane in whatever map is good enough.