Sign in to follow this  
Nicttus

Host Priority(Remove Vote)

Hello guys

Dunno if its already suggested but i think it will be cool to remove the vote to kick stuff and make a host priority on public games(like DD1).

Atm if youre running a map in public and someone join it( only 2 players in the lobby for example) you cant kick the guy if him a troll or stuff like that. I know you can put some ascension lvl requirement to avoid low lvls, but im talking more about the host be able to control who is in or out in him game.

Just a idea anyway, keep up the good job guys!

I wouldn't be so cool about this idea. As there are many variables to what is going to happen. The host may not necessarily always be the big boss. Therefore I think the voting system is a much more pleasant option as it better promotes team cooperation.

I do miss the ability o remove people from the room. I.E. Afk'ers, trolls, loud and rude people, etc. I also REALLY miss the ability to sell others towers. I have had a few rooms that I have hosted where they joined, popped a chest and legit build in a corner that provide literally 0 use. I'm not sure exactly why this is becoming a thing, but now im forced to not have units and every bit helps while grinding. Not sure how the rest of the community feels about this but I would like to see the return of this feature

I think that it's just a matter of how abused the feature was in DD1. I remember (on Xbox 360) how I would get kicked from literally 10+ lobbies in a row as soon as I joined because of the fact that I never used modded weapons and how toxic the playerbase was, in general.

Behavior like this still happens today in DD2 (at least on the Xbox One). I've been kicked from multiple C1-5 lobbies because I don't own EV2 or any of the other extra "meta heroes," and enjoy the Mystic despite her negative reception from other players.

I'm glad we have the vote system. Stops that many more instances of unfair kicks to the title screen.

The vote system isnt too bad but it could be adjusted to allow you to kick if only 2 players present and perhaps looking to a majority vote than needing all 3 to vote, some people wont vote or dont notice the vote in time etc. There is also a current glitch where I have been unable to vote if someone else starts the process.

Ofc the voting system is the worst, ascension limit is bugging(at least for xbox), people ignore game names, just join quick chaos games if they see a slot, You can't kick them, only way is just left map, play private or just quit.

@Courtjeaster010 quote:

I do miss the ability o remove people from the room. I.E. Afk'ers, trolls, loud and rude people, etc. I also REALLY miss the ability to sell others towers. I have had a few rooms that I have hosted where they joined, popped a chest and legit build in a corner that provide literally 0 use. I'm not sure exactly why this is becoming a thing, but now im forced to not have units and every bit helps while grinding. Not sure how the rest of the community feels about this but I would like to see the return of this feature

I think that's dangerous.  Both issues are trying to address the same thing (problem players).  Allowing a troll to sell your towers is just asking for bad mannered players to sell everything and get you killed.

I think a younger me would have proposed something akin to a reputation system instead which would eventually filter out players who are toxic and force them to pub with each other, but I think the implementation from the dev and player side would be too high a tax.  The more elegant solution to the eternal social issue of jerks on the internet is just community building.  Keep a large friend list of players you find pleasant and maintain things like the Discord server so like minded players can find one another.

The vote system is fine, but the default vote should be a YES. 2 people join and go AFK, their non-vote gets them booted. Easy day.

@seanjeromy quote:

The vote system is fine, but the default vote should be a YES. 2 people join and go AFK, their non-vote gets them booted. Easy day.

Yeah that can be a work around imo, atm i just think the vote is pretty messed, and about toxic coomunity, we gonan have it with or without vote system.

Very good idea, you have my support on this one. Some people are just flat out salty, some are trolls, and some you just think are plain mother***ers. skeleton.png