Mystic change suggestion

I've been playing a DPS Mystic recently and have been enjoying it but at Chaos 5 and above I've been noticing a bit of an issue with the character kit. The only real way to heal yourself (in any suitable amount) is using Serpent's Coil (which requires something to die while being zapped by it) then picking up the green orb it drops. It kind of makes you need to tether yourself to one area because that's where you store up the healing orbs.

The problem comes from assassins teleporting across the map, disabling and dealing damage. You have no way to heal except running all the way back to the SC lane. There is a life gain on hit mechanic build into the kit, but the amount healed is ridiculously low 217 health per hit, which is practically nothing when you have over 110k HP and things can hit between 1k-20k damage. So yeah, my main suggestion would be to have the life on hit to scale with HD/AP or be a % of max HP.

Potentially available solutions (for solo play):

1. Don't forget that you can easily move the Serpent coil at any time, this won't magically move healing orbs, but if there is a stream of trash mobs in your current lane, it'll quickly generate new ones :).
  2. Get a Dryad and use a World Tree := provides healing \o/
  3. Get a healing pet (blergh)
  4. Swap to another char in between (eew)

@malf quote:

1. Don't forget that you can easily move the Serpent coil at any time, this won't magically move healing orbs, but if there is a stream of trash mobs in your current lane, it'll quickly generate new ones :).

1. You can't change the target of the Coil, so if it aggros on a beefy enemy, you're SoL.
2. I shouldn't have to use an entirely different character to fill the gimmicky flaws of another.
3. That's a band-aid solution that doesn't address the problem.
4. You'd probably just be better off playing that character from that point on.

Heal-on-hit is a stupid mechanic that will never be perfected. It's good for early-game, then it's spit-on-your-face laughable later on when it really matters. Just change it into traditional lifesteal (% of damage is returned as health). I love the Mystic's melee playstyle, but she's starting to become a burden and a chore to play.

One of the key changes i noticed about dungeon defenders 2 as opposed to 1 was how they streamlined hero changing.  If you look at each character individually, you will find flaws, and the more you like the character, the more the flaw is apparent.  As a simple non-mystic example, the huntress doesn't have a wall.  Ranged characters built squishy can have issues picking up gems for repairs if they aren't mowing everything down in one quick sweep.

If you like the character enough, create a second one and put them both in your hero group so you can place two of those serpent coils down.  But ultimately, i feel each hero should definitely have their unique flaws, as it adds a bunch of strategy to the hero deck creation.  

I just want boost aura to naturally heal heros like Serenity Aura did. That would be nice. They would be more useful than they are now.

@malf quote:

1. The orbs tend to target the tankiest mobs (female orcs). It also doesn't help when running between lanes and you get attacked by an assassin.

2. If you need to use DU on a different class just to heal that's pretty indicative of a bad kit design.

3. Same as 2.

4. So the class is designed so that you shouldn't play the class at all? xD

I recently started mystic and the problem I've found is that enemies of all kinds get bubbled up, and if I don't shoot them they get flung over the wall. I like the play style and snake themes.

Just use the shard that heals you x% per attack, and remember you can move that SC around at anytime.

You can also use the world tree to heal you and even use pet's to place a really nice shield on you.

You have plenty of other options too.

@malf quote:

Very true. Do that.