Sign in to follow this  
TheInternal

Super slow gear progression is quickly burning me out.

What I dislike most about this loot system is that when you invite friends to this game while you are playing C5+, you can't really 'play' together.  If they join your games they can't do anything due to gear disparity and it takes them weeks to catch up.  If you join their games, you pretty much steamroll anything with your high dps.  Both are equally boring.  A couple of friends have already quit playing because of this.

I like the gear being based on map difficulty more.  Sure it promotes carrying, but atleast they only need a few gear pieces to be able to do something...

@Seker quote:

What I dislike most about this loot system is that when you invite friends to this game while you are playing C5+, you can't really 'play' together.  If they join your games they can't do anything due to gear disparity and it takes them weeks to catch up.  If you join their games, you pretty much steamroll anything with your high dps.  Both are equally boring.  A couple of friends have already quit playing because of this.

I like the gear being based on map difficulty more.  Sure it promotes carrying, but atleast they only need a few gear pieces to be able to do something...

back in the day one could simply join their friend who was endgame. run a map and be in end game gear. this is why the new loot system is in place.

@MentyPlz quote:

@Seker quote:

back in the day one could simply join their friend who was endgame. run a map and be in end game gear. this is why the new loot system is in place.

I know it used to be that way, and I don't think it was actually that bad.  I'd rather prefer them to be somewhat geared after 2-3 games than have to tell them 'Go grind for a couple of weeks so we can play together'.  I also realise that this no longer works with the current chaos tier system.  Play a few games, get max lvl loot and complain the game is boring because there is nothing else to do...  

But maybe if they reintroduce some sort of endless mode one day? I don't know...

It's either that or create some sort of mentoring system, where lower geared/lvl players get scaled up in power as long as you are with them?

@redragon6466 quote:

Found the relevant links

This one shows max sell value per tier(although you def don't need to be there to progress, I went to c7 with 505 blue relics)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PNFslftU37q0KKEY-2EaxasXFpg2wkGr2kcu8UJ1XqQ/edit#gid=0

This on lets you convert from rarities(use File -> make a copy)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13DSkekP18QM2LbD11hyO192WNd8mGzgEnZCHDdszG_8/edit?usp=sharing

Keep in mind this is only really if you want to min max your progression or to help if your stuck, you can progress just by equipping upgrades because of how small the difference in Ipwr is per drop. I personally prefer to progress as fast as possibly, but you can still climb without doing all of this. If this becomes too annoying you can compromise by equipping literally everything onto your mule as soon as it drops or at the end of the wave and not worrying about if it is an upgrade or not.

Oh man, i don't know where you found the sell converter but i love you xd

i dont find it to be that slow tbh

used a mule gunwitch with my other gunwitch for the dps

only equipped blues on the mule and looking for upgrades after every wave (except when i found a hh ap hc legendary for my dps gunwitch then i upgraded that full and put that on the mule after 1-2 waves i got a blue to replace the legi so i can put it on my dps)

went from the mid c5 gear to the maxed out c7 gear in 3 days with playing like 6-7 games per day
(for weapons-armor. now i have to farm for the max relics)

@Arruzaki quote:

only equipped blues on the mule and looking for upgrades after every wave (except when i found a hh ap hc legendary for my dps gunwitch then i upgraded that full and put that on the mule after 1-2 waves i got a blue to replace the legi so i can put it on my dps)

went from the mid c5 gear to the maxed out c7 gear in 3 days with playing like 6-7 games per day

I don't want to search the excel sheet, but you get items with +1 gold value after every wave with a mule, and there is min-max gold value range of about 2-300 at most tiers. Sure, doing 2-300 waves isn't boring.

You either made that up or have found a nice bug.

@Murdash quote:

@Arruzaki quote:

I don't want to search the excel sheet, but you get items with +1 gold value after every wave with a mule, and there is min-max gold value range of about 2-300 at most tiers. Sure, doing 2-300 waves isn't boring.

You either made that up or have found a nice bug.

i did exactly what i wrote

btw dunno if its only gunwitch but for me the upgrades ranged from 1-4 gold
also whenever i upgraded a legi and played with it on the new item value jumped ~50 gold compared to the ones before

oh also the spreadsheed for the values click me

@Arruzaki quote:

i did exactly what i wrote

btw dunno if its only gunwitch but for me the upgrades ranged from 1-4 gold
also whenever i upgraded a legi and played with it on the new item value jumped ~50 gold compared to the ones before

Yes, it works like that with upgrades, if you upgrade the trash you put on the mule than it really can speed up leveling, I understand now. Sadly when you don't have any gold or medals you are left with the 1-2 gold intervals : /

If you've got a good bit of gold, instead of just equipping new blues on your Mule each wave, next time a legendary drops, max it out and put it on your mule. I went broke doing this, but jumped from 12.5k to 14.5k stat drops in 1 hour. Great way to break out of a rut

We agree about the slow progression, and this is something our design team is discussing.