Sign in to follow this  
Risencore

Still Experiencing Crashing After XBOne Patch

Just wanted to report that I've played several hours since last night's Patch and although I have not experienced any in-game crashes yet, I am still crashing before/after nearly every game.

The exact crashes happen at the following times:

1) When leaving either a private tavern or Town to join or create a game, my game crashes on the message which says "starting in 0s...". I've tried waiting up to 5 minutes with still no loading bar. Only way to fix is to restart the game. It also appears to be more likely to happen the longer I stay in the tavern/town. Not sure why. 

2) After playing most matches, when I select "return to tavern" or "continue" the game freezes. This happens at least every other game at which point the game must be restarted.

I have experience these crashes before the Patch as well, so these are  not new issues. I've tried hard-resetting my Xbox and using a different server. My Xbox friends are also experiencing the same issues.

Hope this helps

When you are looking through your loot and equipping upgrades, are you doing it in the tavern or during/at the end of waves, and on any specific map?

For me it seems like it is if you take more then a couple of mins in the tavern the game will freeze when trying to load map.  I tried to blitz through multiple maps 1 chaos tier below my level which meant I could do all tower upgrades during the wave and start each wave as soon as last one ended and at the end I would hit continue and the next map would load and start fine, but when I took time looking at loot at the end of the match it would freeze when trying to continue to next map.  Not sure if this is an all wave time thing or just final wave time thing as I only tested it through all the waves.  Whatever the cause it is very hard to keep playing when you cant get to the shard bonus for 4 maps and the shards you really want are SUPER rare. I can almost AFK chaos 4 and still have not gotten power shard, deadly strikes, or rate shard to drop.  The only reason I have 1 rate and 1 deadly strike is from using my blue gems I got from campaign to purchase packs.  That is kinda depressing.

Hey there my game freeze after every game, I look at my loot at the and of a wave and round wehn I'm on my current difficulty wehn I grind lower chaos I can play more rounds may curs I don't check my inventory. Also it freeze wehn u stay to long in the tavern or just get a black screen wehn  u stay to long in ur inventory without doing nothing. Maybe that helped a lil bit (xbox1)

@Noobie quote:

Hey there my game freeze after every game, I look at my loot at the and of a wave and round wehn I'm on my current difficulty wehn I grind lower chaos I can play more rounds may curs I don't check my inventory. Also it freeze wehn u stay to long in the tavern or just get a black screen wehn  u stay to long in ur inventory without doing nothing. Maybe that helped a lil bit (xbox1)

I tried now not to look into  my inventory and yes first time I got in to the next map after one round

[[170445,users]] So if you stay in the tavern for too long (without opening your inventory) it can cause the game to freeze, or if you stay in the tavern for too long while looking at your inventory it can cause the game to freeze?

I dont know that one i just noticed that wehn u stay to long in the tavern  u want make it to the next map 

I tried some things now u can go in ur inventory before u start the first time to collect the gems in a game wehn I don't open my inventory after that i make it  to the next map that just works for the host my party member have to restart the game anyway 

Thanks for the report! We're looking into this crash, and we're hoping to crush it ASAP.

[[4370,users]] Yes, typically when I go to the tavern I am digging through my bags and changing out my loot on my characters. It appears the longer I'm in the tavern, the more likely the game will crash when joining/hosting a new game. The game crashes at "launching in 0s..." AFTER I've hit the "create" or "join" button.

so far only a few actual crashes (to xbox home)

seem to be totally random (but seems to happen more while or right after being in bag)

but now (starting yesterday )

I'm back to almost every time a game ends  it will freeze on the  finding match

or after that  will just get screen with towers  and spinning loading icon 

forcing me to force quit the game and start over

@discgolfer73 quote:

seem to be totally random (but seems to happen more while or right after being in bag)

Are you viewing your inventory at the end of a map/game looking at your drops, or are you doing so in the tavern/inn?  There is an issue right now that users have experienced where viewing at the end of a match will cause problems with their next map/game.

@Lawlta quote:

@discgolfer73 quote:

Are you viewing your inventory at the end of a map/game looking at your drops, or are you doing so in the tavern/inn?  There is an issue right now that users have experienced where viewing at the end of a match will cause problems with their next map/game.

for me this can happen any time the map ends

seems it does indeed happen more if using inventory (and def happens due to being in inventory while in tav or town)

but I have tried not using inventory

only using during the early part of a map

and at the end of the map

seems to be more common when playing public

as last night I played in a private tavern with one other person  and actually made it 3 maps without a lockup

that also may be because I was playing at 1 am (central) and so servers were not as busy

yesterday I also got the 2003 error a couple of times  (not seen that since the patch)

are these lockups still due to server overloads

I feel there are 2 separate problems here

one is a full crash to xbox home where the game forces itself closed

this seems to happen to me in the town or tavern   and is always associated to being in the town or tavern to long

or using my inventory in the town or tavern

the other seems to be a server overload problem

since it acts like the game gets stuck on finding a session

this is not a full on crash to the xbox home  but rather

getting stuck on the finding match screen

or the screen right after  that has the  image with towers and spinning pinwheel in bottom right

it seems to be totally random  on when it happens

sometimes I can play several maps  without it happening (even using inventory every round end)

other times its happening at the end of every map

ive even tried leaving the game running on the pinwheel screen while I ate dinner  came back and still stuck

this seems to be xbox one only problem as  playing on the pc  I don't get these problems(tho only played on the pc just a tad since the xbox release )

ps glad you guys are working on this but its made catching up to my ascension level on the pc(200+) a bit of a nightmare lol