Sign in to follow this  
BOSSWAVE

lag/rubberband type lag PS4

@BOSSWAVE quote:

Is anyone else experiencing jumpiness while moving around? just started playing on ps4.

yeah i get this on xbox too

@Lawlta quote:

Are you in public or private games?

always in public - I never do private games. Lag is very bad! And it doesn't matter which map, or defenses are placed (coz I thought that maybe something like Weapon Manufacturer from EV2 visual effects would do it) nah it's just really bad lag! Guys please fix it - game sometimes absolutely unplayable because of this!

Yeah  same here, im from Brazil and usually btw 18:00 till 23:00-00:00 of my time i get rubberbanding\lag playing dd2, usually i host public games, but its happen even when im inside the tavern or running private games.

I though it was a ISP problem or kind like that, but on other games its runs fine and my internet is decent(Also i play on PC).

In all the other hours(except those i said before), the game runs fine.

@Lawlta quote:

Are you using speed shards?

Of course - bu it shouldn't affect the performance since this shard is a part of a game and QA should have tested performance prior to game release with and without a shard. Further on speed shard + Abyss Lord Healing Fountain is even greater speed. 

i was experiencing the same issue last night on xb1 got it in both public & private matches to the point it made the game unplayable 

i find that as waves progress - the lag gets worse.

On certain maps in certain areas it becomes almost impossible to move.

Remastered glitterhelm when you head to the top of the map is like suicide. You lag into the gaps in the bridge and feel like you need some motion sickness tablets at the other side!

Me and my friend actually have arguments about who is going repairing the towers!

@commandandco quote:

i find that as waves progress - the lag gets worse.

On certain maps in certain areas it becomes almost impossible to move.

Remastered glitterhelm when you head to the top of the map is like suicide. You lag into the gaps in the bridge and feel like you need some motion sickness tablets at the other side!

Me and my friend actually have arguments about who is going repairing the towers!

mine usually lags in the beginning but only a bit, as soon as action starts - it's pretty bad and like u said sometimes u teleport across the map because of this lag.

@Russian Hammer quote:

@Lawlta quote:

always in public - I never do private games. Lag is very bad! And it doesn't matter which map, or defenses are placed (coz I thought that maybe something like Weapon Manufacturer from EV2 visual effects would do it) nah it's just really bad lag! Guys please fix it - game sometimes absolutely unplayable because of this!

I do not notice a change when using speed shards, however, I do notice a change when moving in and out of the Abyss Lord's healing fountain when they are using the shard that increases speed while inside of it.  I also experience more lag in the later waves, with wave 5 being the worst. 

Thanks for reading the forums and looking for player comments on solving these issues!

@Travysmo quote:

@Russian Hammer quote:

@Lawlta quote:

I do not notice a change when using speed shards, however, I do notice a change when moving in and out of the Abyss Lord's healing fountain when they are using the shard that increases speed while inside of it.  I also experience more lag in the later waves, with wave 5 being the worst. 

Thanks for reading the forums and looking for player comments on solving these issues!

I just tested private matches - went solo in a private game (5 games). Lag started in the beginning of the match as I was moving towards the chest. No abilities, no other players, no monsters, no defense/offense units. Maps were: Crumbled Bulwark (x3 in a row... thats how random this thing is coded LOL), Forest Biome and Assault on Throne Room. Considering that Crumbled Bulwark is the smallest map - lag is pretty much unacceptable. 

@BOSSWAVE quote:

Is anyone else experiencing jumpiness while moving around? just started playing on ps4.

I get it literally in every match (I play on the Xbox. *coughs* Xbox>PS4 *cough* In all seriousness though, yeah, it's an extremely bad problem. It's gotten to the point that the game is almost unplayable for me. Me being the DD fan I am, I play anyway, but I die over 10/15 times a match because of being teleported off the map lol.