I just started playing this game again and having trouble getting into C5 from C4. I've been using a monk as DPS, but have been having a lot of issues dealing damage. Should i just delete his monk and build a DPS EV?

What is considered the best DPS in end game? I would rather start on it now instead of messing around and dying with out dealing a lot of damage.

Although I don't have the answer for you because I am not at end game yet, I can give you good news.  It is super easy to change builds all throughout the game.  There is no reason to not just tweak your builds to fit whatever your current best shards are.  For example, EV2 tends to be at her best in endgame with the charged shot shard, but until then (and especially earlier on) AP builds are at least as good, if not better than just straight hero damage.

Changing a build is as simple as finding the armor with the right stats at your current best armor level and equipping shards you've been accruing. And I guess leveling a character to 50 if you don't have that class leveled yet, but this is super easy end game, and fairly easy even after just completing campaign.  You should work on having at least one of each class you own at level 50 if you don't yet.

In my opinion monk is the absolute best in single target damage, killing siege rollers is easy as hell and it can be a bit tanky

For aoe dps (against assassin's, basically everything other than the siege roller) I'd say abyss lord with an ability power build. It's second skill deals crazy aoe dmg, it stuns everything, and you can just spam it for like 25-30 seconds without running out of mana. Then you can get your mana back by doing the simple auto attack. It also has a healing aura so it's really tough.

@lekkin007 quote:

Although I don't have the answer for you because I am not at end game yet, I can give you good news.  It is super easy to change builds all throughout the game.  There is no reason to not just tweak your builds to fit whatever your current best shards are.  For example, EV2 tends to be at her best in endgame with the charged shot shard, but until then (and especially earlier on) AP builds are at least as good, if not better than just straight hero damage.

Changing a build is as simple as finding the armor with the right stats at your current best armor level and equipping shards you've been accruing. And I guess leveling a character to 50 if you don't have that class leveled yet, but this is super easy end game, and fairly easy even after just completing campaign.  You should work on having at least one of each class you own at level 50 if you don't yet.

The main problem is that i don't have enough ascension to build DPS and Tower on the same hero. I kind of preferred the game before the whole ascension. You can't max out a hero until you have like 2k hours into this game. They just made it a lot harder for no reason at all. The jump from C4 to C5 is also just stupid. You go from  4 tiers that you pretty much can't build normal towers to a tier that 100% needs them. Forcing you to pretty much start over again and stay spend like 200 hours in C4. I don't have a clue who thought this was a good idea.

I guess that i'll delete my Monk and create another EV.

@Murdash quote:

In my opinion monk is the absolute best in single target damage, killing siege rollers is easy as hell and it can be a bit tanky

For aoe dps (against assassin's, basically everything other than the siege roller) I'd say abyss lord with an ability power build. It's second skill deals crazy aoe dmg, it stuns everything, and you can just spam it for like 25-30 seconds without running out of mana. Then you can get your mana back by doing the simple auto attack. It also has a healing aura so it's really tough.

What are you suppose to be focusing on with monk? Ability power, Hero damage, crit damage? What is the main focus that the gear should have? Also, is there some hidden weapon some where for him? I've been using the price calculator to get better loot and all the weapons that i have found for him suck. I'm barely pushing 100k dps with right click and 500k with left.

Monk was, is and will always be the best DPS hero. Simple because of what he offers. He has good aoe attacks, good range, good pet damage if needed and good skills which do huge damage too.

Monk is really good if you go heavily HD/HC/HH and focus around that.

But he is also good as AP/HC/HH with polesmash and chi blast, specialy if you have the shard for polesmash.

But if you need a more tanky good dps, special in c5, i could recommend Squire. He is SUPER tanky, and has high health. Also if you use a heavy weapon and go full HD/HC/HH you do huge aoe primary attacks.

Gobu. Emoji_GobHuntress.png

@mrwald0 quote:

-snip-

Having a separate character for building and DPS is 100% the most optimal way to do it. Even with ascension though, it is FAR from required. The difference in DPS for spending all your utility points for DPS stats really is not much of a game changer, and the later you get in the game, the less it matters. So don't worry about it too much.

For the highest sustained DPS in the game, I think atm it's still crit build EV2 with charged shot. But that requires a C7 shard, by which point you're already past the point of it really mattering too much. Plus, it's really not that much stronger than monk.

Before that late game stage, pretty sure no one can match monk atm. Has 0 dependency on 3 stat items, since AP/HP is uber strong build for him (while characters like huntress are weak with 2 stats). Has great damage. Can nuke siege rollers and waves alike with pole smash and chi blast. Has mobility with double jump. Utility with CC, a heal, and a DPS boost for your teammates (though it's dependent on your own hero damage). Some of the best locations for his shards (no major shards competing for the same slots). And good HP scalings.

In general though, just about any hero can work decent enough to get by, so I always say play who you enjoy the most.