Sign in to follow this  
Tempei

Fixing all of DD2 With these ideas

Problem:People not knowing that they changed how the gear system works because Trendy didn't communicate any of this to players in any of the tutorials in DD2.    

Solution:Upon login give a screen to all players that shows big changes that happend to DD2 and make it accessible whenever INGAME.

Problem:Gear Progression is based on current gear of a hero in your current deck, forcing players to make a gear slave who's only purpose is to roll higher stats on gear.This takes up a slot limiting players to 3 playable characters.

Solution:Remove the requirement of having high level gear to get better gear instead make all bosses drop a new item "Trophies"  Trophies come in tiers dropping in numerical order,each map has a max trophy tier it can drop.Item stat rolls are dependent on which trophy tier you have,Yay i get to buy a new character with gems now when that gear slave slot opened up.

Problem:Do a wave-> get better gear->unequip current gear shards-> unequip gear->put on new gear->reapply the shards->Repeat until you stop putting shards on armor and only put shards on defenses you use because Trendy couldn't ....

Solution: set it where you put the shards on the armor or relic slot rather then the gear slot where you switch constantly.It ain't rocket science...

Problem:Doing Chaos 4 maps 30 times for the one shard that you still haven't gotten.

Solution:Suggestion made by player , Murdash "They could also make it work like in hearthstone. RNG is good up to a point, but it can ruin a game too. In hearthstone you can destroy cards and get card dust from them, then you can craft other cards from that dust once you've got enough. It could totally work here too. "

Problem: Price of upgrading gear,shards are insane compared to how much it cost to sell gear.Sell a legendary item 553 times to afford maxing out a defense health shard.

Solution"Decrease shard max out value or increase sell prices of items.

Problem:Giving players not just a chaos trial but a mental trial at the same time by forcing them to play the same maps over and over and over and over again and not giving them the option to select the maps they want to play.

Solution:STOP RESTRICTING YOUR PLAYERBASE THEY'RE GOING INSANE!

Problem:Lack of communication between people in pubs

Solution:Add microphone usage, sometime people don't use chat.

Problem:Bosses getting stuck in the entrance they come out off

Solution:Make the bosses insta die like you do normal mobs,we shouldn't pay the price for a bug.

• I will be updating this post as more and more people suggest interesting ideas 

Some constructivity at last. These would make the game much more fun than it is now. Let's hope that I'm wrong thinking that they won't care.

@Tempei quote:

Problem:Doing Chaos 4 maps 30 times for the one shard that you still haven't gotten.

• Solution:Put a label under every shard detailing in where you can find it (campaign,chaos 1,chaos 2 ,etc) add a npc who can gamble 3 of the same tier shard for a random one of the same tier.

They could also make it work like in hearthstone. RNG is good up to a point, but it can ruin a game too. In hearthstone you can destroy cards and get card dust from them, then you can craft other cards from that dust once you've got enough. It could totally work here too. 

@Murdash quote:

Some constructivity at last. These would make the game much more fun than it is now. Let's hope that I'm wrong thinking that they won't care.

@Tempei quote:

• Solution:Put a label under every shard detailing in where you can find it (campaign,chaos 1,chaos 2 ,etc) add a npc who can gamble 3 of the same tier shard for a random one of the same tier.

They could also make it work like in hearthstone. RNG is good up to a point, but it can ruin a game too. In hearthstone you can destroy cards and get card dust from them, then you can craft other cards from that dust once you've got enough. It could totally work here too. 

I FREAKING LOVE THAT IDEA  let that idea replace mine! ^^^^^^^^^^^^ im just so sick and tired of farming chaos 4 for the power transfer shard, i did like 30 -40 maps with no shard.

A Lot of great ideas. I like these. There not too much either, there just good improvements i think we need to enjoy the game a little more =D

you get 10 gold if you sell a shard , so basically for 30 mins of your hardwork you get 10 coins... i rather get shard dust and get a shard i desire

I don't agree that everything you have listed is actually a problem. That being said, I do like some of the solutions put out there! :-)

I would like to point out that armors/relics drops are not based on your current hero, they are based off of the strongest hero in your deck (meaning the hero with the highest "gear-score"). Having a mule character is in no way as necessary as you make it sound (and I'd argue that it has little benefit on gear progression, although I do acknowledge it's there), as long as you go through upgrading armor pieces/relics you will get to the top eventually. Thanks for the post I do like some of your solutions and I hope Trendy is paying attention this post and the feedback from other members on it...