Sign in to follow this  
fish61324

maintenance

I suggest doing maintenance at 4am eastern time (1am pacific.... like other game devs do) for the couple of hours they usually do it. Today was already the THIRD day my wife and I woke up and could not play DD2.

I know, 3 days....what a shame, right? What will i ever do?  Well, that's 3 days in the past 9 days. That's 33% of the time. Not to mention all the times we can't get connected due to high traffic or other issues (which has been very often). I would honestly say that about 50%-60% of the time i start up DD2, i cannot play it. 

I just don't understand why they do maintenance right at the time when a lot of people are getting up... it makes no sense.

I thought the ENTIRE point of this game coming out 2 years ago, and then finally becoming F2P was because they were waiting until it was ready and "finished". It's not even close to finished. It's unplayable half of the time :/

And I'm browsing the forum because I got a Maintenance notice yet again this afternoon (European time).  I guess it's easiest to start the down-time when the Trendy offices in the USA open in the morning, but how much in-office work does it take?  Maybe one man could set his alarm a few hours earlier, and get things started at the quietest time of the day for the servers...