Sign in to follow this  
genesectlord

Disappearing legendarys...

I just completed my first chaos 1 and I killed a roller which dropped legend loot so I thought (naively) "I'll just go kill the ogre that's ****ing up my other defenses" I come back to the legendary and poof its not there........ I mean surely loot limits were left behind in DD1 whats up with this, isn't this is what the scavenger was originally for? At least give the poor ******* something to do..... Salt aside I just want an explanation and fingers crossed this is just a bug and I've helped the dev team :D

Are you sure that you didn't automatically pick it up by pressing g or something?  You can see all your recent items by going to the sort bag in your inventory, which defaults to showing the recent items.  I mean, it could be that you lost the item and it would suck and totally be a glitch, just asking in case it helps!

@genesectlord quote:

I just completed my first chaos 1 and I killed a roller which dropped legend loot so I thought (naively) "I'll just go kill the ogre that's ****ing up my other defenses" I come back to the legendary and poof its not there........ I mean surely loot limits were left behind in DD1 whats up with this, isn't this is what the scavenger was originally for? At least give the poor ******* something to do..... Salt aside I just want an explanation and fingers crossed this is just a bug and I've helped the dev team :D

It might be possible your bag auto-collected the item. It sometimes collect the items mid-round or at the end of a wave.

@LordOgger quote:

It might be possible your bag auto-collected the item. It sometimes collect the items mid-round or at the end of a wave.

*always.

@Nefhith quote:

@LordOgger quote:

*always.

Nah not really. I already had one round without picking up any legendary and not a single one got auto-collected mid round.

@LordOgger quote:

@Nefhith quote:

@LordOgger quote:

*always.

Nah not really. I already had one round without picking up any legendary and not a single one got auto-collected mid round.

Then your bag must've been full, not set to auto-collect or you didn't notice the legendary item got dropped.

@Nefhith quote:

@LordOgger quote:

@Nefhith quote:

@LordOgger quote:

*always.

Then your bag must've been full, not set to auto-collect or you didn't notice the legendary item got dropped.

I have all off my bags dedicated to auto-collecting legendarys/shards. So space couldn't be the problem. What do you mean by "you didn't notice" you mean the AI didn't notice?

@LordOgger quote:

@Nefhith quote:

@LordOgger quote:

@Nefhith quote:

@LordOgger quote:

*always.

I have all off my bags dedicated to auto-collecting legendarys/shards. So space couldn't be the problem. What do you mean by "you didn't notice" you mean the AI didn't notice?

Are you 110% sure it wasn't auto collected after the wave completed?

I'm 100% sure that it wasn't auto collected for me and I didn't notice any magically appearing legendarys in my inventory either I also know for certain that my bags weren't full and even if they were isn't that what the scavenger is for?

@genesectlord quote:

I'm 100% sure that it wasn't auto collected for me and I didn't notice any magically appearing legendarys in my inventory either I also know for certain that my bags weren't full and even if they were isn't that what the scavenger is for?

Unless they changed it with the latest patch, the only thing the scavenger is for is when items drop out of the map. It collects those items. 

@iAndy quote:

@genesectlord quote:

Unless they changed it with the latest patch, the only thing the scavenger is for is when items drop out of the map. It collects those items. 

Actually, unless it was changed since onslaught was taken out, scavenger does take the items that cannot fit in your inventory.

You have fallen victim to a new enemy secretly introduced by Trendy ... the Nad Kicker.

When you're distracted by something else it kicks you in the nads by stealing desirable loot drops.

My suggestion ... wear a cup.

I'm pretty sure I had the same thing happen to me.  I had a legendary weapon drop on a Chaos 1 map (Molten Citadel, though I'm not sure what it dropped from), and I couldn't find it after I got back to the tavern.  It wasn't a big loss as it wasn't an upgrade (which is why I didn't pick it up), but it confused me that it wasn't in my bags.  Since I hadn't played in a couple weeks, I had to check to make sure something wasn't changed so loot not picked up was auto-sold.

@Javahawk quote:

@LordOgger quote:

@Nefhith quote:

@LordOgger quote:

@Nefhith quote:

@LordOgger quote:

*always.

Are you 110% sure it wasn't auto collected after the wave completed?

I tried to make it happen again and it didn't happen.I'll still look for it but it seems there is no glitch for me.

One solution, could you have maybe press'd G and ended the match before all the legendary in the chest where out? Because I know that happened to me a few times when there was a timer in a public match.

This happened to me today, and I am 100% sure it wasn't autocollected.

I had a 3 Ruins quest, and just wasn't getting it today on random trials (1 hit in like 10 maps - sigh). So I did the Incursion 2 times, and the first time I got a legendary chest.

I opened it, and got a Terrablade (I think) but since it was only CT1 I didn't really look at it long. Hit g and went to next level, but it was not in my inventory. Some other garbage loot was, but no special weapon.

I guess if you get one and you actually want it, you should pick it up and make sure you get it.

For safety I always have a bag that picks up everything. I know my bag set to collect only legendaries does not collect weapons. As Geo said if you want it, pick it up

@Fozzie quote:

For safety I always have a bag that picks up everything. I know my bag set to collect only legendaries does not collect weapons. As Geo said if you want it, pick it up

Yeah, I have a bag that pickups everything too, and  a backup one too in case it overflows. Don't have to worry about overflow on the incursions though!

Just to support the OP, I just had this happen to me. I was running Chrome enemies for my 3 ruins maps daily and for sure my auto-collect bags were empty and there was space in non-auto-collect bags.

First run dropped 2 legendary weapons from the victory chest which I let auto-collect but when I checked my bags there was only one legendary item. It was not anywhere I am absolutely certain.

Next run I picked up everything - NP.

Third run again victory chest dropped 2 legendary Terra Blades and I picked up everything. However my auto-collect bags had only one of them. I found the other one in a non-auto-collect bag.

This tells me some rewards are still not being auto-collected and if you don't pick them up, they get left behind.

I've noticed that under the auto-collect settings, the apprentice always un-checks itself from all auto collecting. 

If anyone having this problem is expecting apprentice items to auto-collect, check your collection settings...

Can anyone else confirm this?

*edit* On Xbox One

@Ubara-tutu quote:

Just to support the OP, I just had this happen to me. I was running Chrome enemies for my 3 ruins maps daily and for sure my auto-collect bags were empty and there was space in non-auto-collect bags.

First run dropped 2 legendary weapons from the victory chest which I let auto-collect but when I checked my bags there was only one legendary item. It was not anywhere I am absolutely certain.

Next run I picked up everything - NP.

Third run again victory chest dropped 2 legendary Terra Blades and I picked up everything. However my auto-collect bags had only one of them. I found the other one in a non-auto-collect bag.

This tells me some rewards are still not being auto-collected and if you don't pick them up, they get left behind.

Interesting - I was running Chrome too when it happened.

Hmm...

Not sure but I think every time I might have had this happen to me (sometimes I run several in a row before checking inventory), it was on Chrome Enemies Incursion,

Figured out what caused it for me.  I had a bag set up to collect legendaries but I didn't have any item types checked.  And since the bag I have that collects overflow was full, the item just didn't get picked up. (Also, oddly, Apprentice keeps getting unchecked in all of my bags for some reason.)

In other words, user error.  Though, it might be good to have an error that lets a person know if their bag isn't set up to collect anything.